As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Change PSN ID

BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Is a way to change PSN IDs?

I just bought my roomates PS3. It has all my saved data on his account. Is there a way to change the account name and PSN login and keep all my saved data?

Buddies on

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pretty sure you can call Sony customer service and they can do this for you.

Depending on the game, you may be able to just copy your saves to a thumb drive and then copy them back on a new account.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What do you consider saved data?

If all we're talking about here, and all you care about, is the actual saved games files, you can put those on a USB stick and copy them back to a new account. If you want the trophies you've earned from the games, those are tied to the account. I'm not sure if you can change the PSN ID, but I'd think you can change all the billing, name, email, and login info.

Get the roomate to log into the PlayStation website and see what options there are.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294