As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC] PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Summer Edition

1121314151618»

• KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy crap, threadsplosion!

Tajah I really want a PAX 07 viewing night!! That sounds awesome! Although, could it be the NEXT weekend after PAX? I have a feeling this weekend is going to be insane for a lot of people. But, if does end up being this weekend, I'll try to make it and bring yummy things!

There's nothing happening this weekend except for MeeOk's birthday. Also: getting wasted at MeeOk's before hitting the bar is a good way to increase the chances of not getting let into the bar afterwards.

My brain cannot think any further than PAX Prime, so I can't rightly say which events I'd be up for.

CalX: re keeping in touch during PAX. Twitter. Text message. But it's tough to say honestly, between the noise and the crowds and the awesome.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I know that i'll be tweeting throughout PAX and, thusly, checking in on tweets...so I should be get-ahold-able for anybody who wants to putz around with me.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The majority of the regulars will be in BYOC, thats a good place to look for people.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    The majority of the regulars will be in BYOC, thats a good place to look for people.

If you are ever lost and need one of us, just stand up and yell Science! Walk toward whoever yells it back and takes a drink.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

If you are ever lost and need one of us, just stand up and yell Science! Walk toward whoever yells it back and takes a drink.

MAD SCIENCE!

ashridah on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ashridah wrote: »
    Cronus wrote: »

MAD SCIENCE!

No,

weird-science.jpg

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited August 2009
    Okay, since no one except for Nomad is interested in hanging out Sunday evening, the PAX07 dvd viewing is off. I'll make alternate social plans.

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay, since no one except for Nomad is interested in hanging out Sunday evening, the PAX07 dvd viewing is off. I'll make alternate social plans.

:oops:

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009

Hey Nomad...how about you and me do Pies and Pints on Sunday? We could even watch the PAX07 dvd back at your place :winky:

KaitouAyashi on
  • CalXCalX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Any UFC fans here? Emilie and I are going to catch the UFC fights on Saturday night at Magnolia Village Pub.

CalX on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Hey Nomad...how about you and me do Pies and Pints on Sunday? We could even watch the PAX07 dvd back at your place :winky:

I'm fairly certain I've expressed interest in the '07 DVD viewing party to you on more than one occasion :P

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Less than 12 hours! And apparently more people are coming than I originally thought. Yay!

MeeOk on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My fiance and I will be at Broadway B&G, probably before you guys get there. I've got on a Calvin and Hobbes shirt and long brown hair...look for us. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited August 2009
    Snickers wrote: »

I'm fairly certain I've expressed interest in the '07 DVD viewing party to you on more than one occasion :P

Yes, but usually the way things work is that people talk about and make plans for the stuff they really want to do. I posted here to gauge actual interest and people who would come vs "oh that sounds cool. whatever." Because no one wants to host an event and have no one show up.

KaitouAyashi on
    edited August 2009

Yes, but usually the way things work is that people talk about and make plans for the stuff they really want to do. I posted here to gauge actual interest and people who would come vs "oh that sounds cool. whatever." Because no one wants to host an event and have no one show up.

We should definitely do a potluck/movie viewing thing. And we should also go to the fair. These things should happen very soon after PAX! :D Although unless someone wants to figure out when, I'm fine waiting for the new thread (TOO MUCH TO DO OHMAHGAHHHHH)

oh yeah and also if anyone wants to have another camp-out party in my backyard again, we could do that after the fair! ;-)

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009

We should definitely do a potluck/movie viewing thing. And we should also go to the fair. These things should happen very soon after PAX! :D Although unless someone wants to figure out when, I'm fine waiting for the new thread (TOO MUCH TO DO OHMAHGAHHHHH)

oh yeah and also if anyone wants to have another camp-out party in my backyard again, we could do that after the fair! ;-)

THIS MUST HAPPEN!! I would be so down for this!

Snickers on
    edited August 2009
    Quick, before this thread gets retired!

What's going on with Umi Sake House on Tuesday? Are people still going? What time? I might make it, though I may be late.

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    Quick, before this thread gets retired!

What's going on with Umi Sake House on Tuesday? Are people still going? What time? I might make it, though I may be late.

YES. I think drobro is thinking around 7-8ish, but I might try and get there for happyo hour because word on the street (re: Yelp) is that Umi's can be $$$. I'm on a tight PAX budget this year! So I will text youse so you are in the loop when I know more!

oh yeah and also if anyone wants to have another camp-out party in my backyard again, we could do that after the fair!

THIS = WIN

KaitouAyashi on
    edited August 2009

YES. I think drobro is thinking around 7-8ish, but I might try and get there for happyo hour because word on the street (re: Yelp) is that Umi's can be $$$. I'm on a tight PAX budget this year! So I will text youse so you are in the loop when I know more!

This is definitely the case. Umi's when it's happy hour is ideal, things are much cheaper. After that, think high-end restaurant prices. It can get steep (unsurprising, since it's a swanky looking joint)

ashridah on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah im too broke to even think about expensive sushi :P

BigRed on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anybody doing anything this weekend and want to hang out?

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »

I hear there's some kind of event going on, or something. Did someone mention it in IRC?

ashridah on
    edited August 2009

I don't think I'm doing anything this weekend at all. We could probably go downtown and hang out? I don't think there will be many people around this weekend.

As for Umi's, I'm too broke too to go for non-happy hour times. (which end at 7 I believe). :(

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009

I don't think I'm doing anything this weekend at all. We could probably go downtown and hang out? I don't think there will be many people around this weekend.

As for Umi's, I'm too broke too to go for non-happy hour times. (which end at 7 I believe). :(

I'm probably just going to eat at home before hand, and just go to hang out.

Snickers on
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    we could meet at like 5pm or so. I just had the later time so people could get off work and get there in time. If 5 or 6 would be better then we could change it to that.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • KTShyGuyKTShyGuy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I hear there's some kind of event going on, or something. Did someone mention it in IRC?

YOU IDIOTS! PAX IS THIS WEEKEND! OMG!

KTShyGuy on
    edited August 2009
    UMI SAKE HOUSE HAPPY HOUR:

4-6pm every day
    4-8pm every day in front porch and cocktail bar
    Late night happy hour 11pm- 1am sun-thurs

I'll probably try to be there wicked early because they can also be busy. How many people are coming so I know what table/booth to reserve?

KaitouAyashi on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    KTShyGuy wrote: »

Oh, that's this weekend? Totally slipped my mind.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited August 2009

What is PAX?

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    UMI SAKE HOUSE HAPPY HOUR:

4-6pm every day
    4-8pm every day in front porch and cocktail bar
    Late night happy hour 11pm- 1am sun-thurs

I'll probably try to be there wicked early because they can also be busy. How many people are coming so I know what table/booth to reserve?

OK, I think I can go if I leave straight from work, as long as I can either get a ride home or get ash to come pick me up. have a haircut at 7 PM, so might be able to do both.

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    This PAX thing sounds stupid.

Screw you guys im going drinking.

:P

BigRed on
    edited August 2009

What is PAX?

I've had to explain what PAX is to no fewer than 12 people in the last 24 hours. The plus side is that I've gotten so good at it, their first question is, "Do you work for them?" :mrgreen:

KaitouAyashi on
This discussion has been closed.