As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie Brigade - OP Edit with Meeting Times

• ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    !!!! O_O

I <3 this idea!

I'd like to join if you still have space & it's not too late. It's my first year at PAX if that's useful to know. :)

Name: Abe
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: I live about a 45 minute drive from Seattle. I'll be in Seattle from Wednesday - Monday (09/02/09 - 09/07/09).
    Role: [strike]Smuggling[/strike] Distributing. :3

Shiggles on
  • SpiraUnitedSpiraUnited Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wait there were non-cookie baked goods last year and I didn't know?! D:

You guys did a fantastic job keeping us sane in those line-ups last year, and I can't wait to see those glorious mounds of cookies again :mrgreen:

SpiraUnited on
  • ScarletArcherScarletArcher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Quick question for all you bakers and consumers! I'm making Console Harmony Cakes in hopes that they will bring together 7th Gen. gamers from every faction. Cheesy, I know.

The only problem is I'm not sure how they should look. I have the Simon look and the wave look. Which do you think would appeal more? Feel free to PM me so we don't clog up the thread. :) Thanks!
    0001tx14
    0001wta6

ScarletArcher on
  • Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hello, my name is Jaz and I am using my boyfriends account to hopefully sign up for this years Cookie Brigade!

I am arriving in Seattle on the 3rd (thur) and leaving on the 7 (mon).
    I would like to distribute cookies and hopefully bake a batch to sell. Thank you!

Jazzy

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think the cupcakes will be a hit, they look good! Also, welcome Jaz!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think the cupcakes will be a Critical hit, they look good! Also, welcome Jaz!

:)

Shiggles on
  • chibidanichibidani Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay, time to post more. It looks like things are mostly good to go - we have buttons on order, I have the materials to make a WHACKLOAD of cookies (went to Costco, got a 20kg bag of flour, 36 eggs, 2 huge packs of chocolate chips, and tons of shortening), and I have a mostly complete list of participants.

It looks like most people will be in on thursday evening/night. I personally will be arriving around 10pm. My question to everyone is: do you want to meet thursday night, or friday morning to organize & get buttons/cookies? We also need a saturday morning meeting, and a sunday afternoon meeting. What time and what location do all of you think would be good?

Also, its not cookies, but here's a pic of the cake I made for my daughter's 3rd birthday as inspiration :)
    Swiper the Fox

chibidani on
    We are now gluten, dairy and corn free gamers!
    glutenfreegamer.blogspot.com
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thursday night is probably better for me, since I don't really have anything going on that night, and Friday morning I'm going to be high-tailing it over to BYOC. Friday morning would be fine, though, if that's better for most people.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I am going to have to bow out of this :(

The closer PAX becomes, the more hectic my interview schedule is becoming.

However, if at all possible, I would like to interview a few people who are participating.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As far as Thursday night, I know at least three of us are coming in on PAX train. That makes things a little more difficult because a Tarot deck is as reliable as a train schedule for actual arrival time. I would love to make it to a Thursday night meeting, though, because I would like to hand off any donations and remaining cookies ASAP.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • takhisismbtakhisismb Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Name: Michelle
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Friday afternoon
    Role: (Baking, Distributing, Both) Baking

takhisismb on
    edited August 2009
    Buttons have arrived!

buttons.jpg?view=1&part=4

chibidani on
    edited August 2009
    Yay Chibidani! WOOOOT! =)

VThornheart on
  • KelhennaKelhenna Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Hello eveyone! I have been watching the Cookie Brigade thread for awhile. If it's not too late I would like to bake cookies as well.
    Name: Kelhenna
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Thursday afternoon
    Role: Baking

Kelhenna on
  • millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    name: Adriana
    date: Friday morning
    role: distribute in cosplay?

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    how much are the cookies? (sorry if this has been answered lol im kinda to lazy to read through all the posts) I LOVE cookies and plan to get quite a bit if i can

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    a question just as important (maybe more-so than cost) -- Is there milk available anywhere at the expo?

Slipstream0 on
    edited August 2009
    That brings up a good point... if the wsctc wanted to, they could sell milk at an inflated price and let us keep distributing cookies. They'd make a mint, and everyone would be happy! =)

VThornheart on
    edited September 2009
    Just a quick "hey there" and some happy empathizing tonight! I can't be the only one knee deep in cookie dough. :D
    Baking for charity rocks!

nemaihne on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys! we baked some cookies to snack on during the CCST. I doubt were going to go through all them on the trip. Would someone be willing to accept them to add to their collection

JonnyNero on
    edited September 2009
    You know I will Jonny! =)

VThornheart on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't plan on baking until Wednesday. I took the day off to bake!

I will try my best to make the 9am Friday meeting, but as a BYOCer, it may be hard. Hopefully BYOC will start on time and I'll be able to make it!

DJBreslin on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Uh yeah, how long will you be there for the Friday meeting? I'm in BYOC too.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Name: Tina
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: 3 days early
    Role: I will be doing both.

Soda241 on
  • territerri Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Sorry for the late signup -- wasn't sure if I'd have time to bake, but the dough's chilling now, so clearly this is go...

Name: Terri
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Wednesday afternoon
    Role: Both, and I've got 3 friends helping with the distribution.

terri on
  • KelhennaKelhenna Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    I don't plan on baking until Wednesday. I took the day off to bake!

I took Wednesday off as well to bake. Got my three cartons of eggs, 4 lbs. of chocolate chips and the big package of brown sugar. I am ready to rock!

Kelhenna on
    edited September 2009
    So many things to cover....

COST: There is no real cost for cookies, any donation will do, but the suggested donation is $1/cookie, or $5 for cookie and button.

MILK: You'll have to check with the restaurants in the center (there's 2 on the 4th floor and lots on the first).

BAKING: I have been mixing cookie dough for the last week, and started baking it all yesterday.

MEETING: I am showing up Friday at 9am, and will be hanging out there until 10am, when I am booking it over to the Merch booth, and then the Expo hall. I anticipate that the actual meeting will take 10 minutes, and if you show up any time in that hour, its good. However, I'm hoping to hand off some of my cookies to other people who are distributing, so I don't really want to be stuck with everyone else's cookies. It's looking like maybe I should be meeting with some people later on Friday too... is there anyone that would like this?

Wow, its so close...

chibidani on
    edited September 2009
    So I've made a lot of cookies. I will still have some to pass off to brigade distributors unless the PAXtrain people descend on them like locusts. Will someone at the 9AM Friday meeting be willing to take mine for in-Con distribution?

nemaihne on
  • zachdmszachdms aka Preppy SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dear Beloved Cookie Brigade,

Please be sure to swing by the console tournament area Friday and Saturday when I am there because I love cookies and will buy some for my new (and old) friends there too.

Thanks so much. I love you so much. xoxo kittens
    -Zach (aka Preppy)
    (We largely got skipped over last year because we're out of the way. Oh well. :) )

zachdms on
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 - Capcom fighting game videos
  • tsaiwes99tsaiwes99 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Name: Wesley Tsai
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Friday, afternoon (around 3 pm)
    Role: Distributing (not sure about baking yet, need to see if i can get ingredients in time)

Hope its not too late to join.

tsaiwes99 on
    edited September 2009
    Okay, I'm calling it. No more volunteers please, I'm done with updating the list. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered so far, I'll see you on Friday.

I'm thinking an afternoon meeting is in order for Friday as well. For those of you arriving on Friday, what time are you getting in?

chibidani on
    edited September 2009
    I think we're going to be arriving around noon definitely before the keynote. I'd love to be able to hand off cookies then, otherwise I'll hand them off Sat AM.
    You guys are doing an amazing job organizing this, thanks so much!
    -Michelle

takhisismb on
  • Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Quick think on my part, I end up lose my bag on the way up to seattle that had all the stuff i plan on use to cook, (i think i left it at home, I hope) But i can still pass out cookie for other people when i get there.

Soda241 on
    edited September 2009
    Sounds fine Soda, I've got tons of cookies I'm bringing with me, so I'll totally need help. :)

chibidani on
  • Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    zachdms wrote: »
    Dear Beloved Cookie Brigade,

Please be sure to swing by the console tournament area Friday and Saturday when I am there because I love cookies and will buy some for my new (and old) friends there too.

Thanks so much. I love you so much. xoxo kittens
    -Zach (aka Preppy)
    (We largely got skipped over last year because we're out of the way. Oh well. :) )

Depending on the schedule, I'll try and swing by the console rooms on Saturday with cookies because the few panels that are on my "must" list are on Friday and Sunday. Ye shall know me by my tiger-print cowboy hat.

Trisha Lynn on
    -- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Name: Jessica
    Date/time arriving in Seattle: Aug 31st
    Role: Baking yummy cookies! And some eating :)

Alrighty! All my cookies are baked and cooling on the rack! I've made some "exotic" concoctions including the following: crystallized ginger-vanilla sugar cookies, organic chocolate truffle bars, and double-chocolate toffee cookies! :) I hope you guys enjoy them!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bacon cookies are on the train, making their way north.

Also toffee chip cookies, for the weak of spirit.

SlickShughes on
  • tsaiwes99tsaiwes99 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    For the people arriving after the first meeting, should we wait until the second meeting to get our badges before selling our cookies?

I'm making about two dozen cookies tomorrow, and will be arriving in Seattle Friday at around 3pm. I'd be glad to help distribute after the exhibition hall closes. How will I be able to get in touch?

tsaiwes99 on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    tsaiwes99 wrote: »
    For the people arriving after the first meeting, should we wait until the second meeting to get our badges before selling our cookies?

I'm making about two dozen cookies tomorrow, and will be arriving in Seattle Friday at around 3pm. I'd be glad to help distribute after the exhibition hall closes. How will I be able to get in touch?

No, you should feel free to distribute cookies as soon as you want/can. The badge is mostly just for fun, but does make you look more legit. The cookies make you look the legit-ist though.

We traded cell phone numbers on the googlegroup. I don't want to post them all here, but mine is 5037083041. I'll be in BYOC frequently, as will other cookie peeps.

DJBreslin on
    edited September 2009
    DJ, will you pretty much be staying in the BYOC room friday afternoon? If so, can I drop off my cookies with you? I'll be getting in friday probably about noon definitely before the keynote.
    -Thanks
    Michelle

takhisismb on
This discussion has been closed.