As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mobile Device Map and Schedule

IIIVAliveIIIVAlive Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
It's ALIIIIVE!

pax.evtmap.com is hosting a mobile-optimized searchable list of the PAX 09 events linked with the event map.

Please check it out before, during, and after PAX, and if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, feel free to send them to pax@evtmap.com

Oh, and be sure to click on Time Table view. That's the default view if you're using, say, an iPhone in landscape mode.

IIIVAlive on

• Options
    aragorn18aragorn18 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    By default it's very small when viewed on the iPhone. You should add the following tag to the header:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=320"/>

This tag is ignored by all browsers but mobile Safari and it will make sure you have the right scaling by default.

aragorn18 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the code!

IIIVAlive on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No problem. I had to do this for one of our sites so that it didn't look horrible on the iPhone.

I just confirmed, it looks a lot better on the iPhone now. Thanks for this. It'll be really handy at the event instead of trying to keep the paper program on me.

aragorn18 on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Even though I already made up my schedule, that site is pretty spiffy. Bookmarked.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Even though I already made up my schedule, that site is pretty spiffy. Bookmarked.

Definitly. Click on a vendor booth and brings up a map of location in the exhibit hall. Nice.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just checked it on the Blackberry Storm and it works flawlessly. This is gonna be awesome. Thanks.

disposablecomp on
  • Options
    ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Works well on my Samsung Behold, too. Good job! Like someone else said, it'll be nice not to have to carry around papers with the schedule.

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As an aside, what do y'all figure the cell phone reception situation will be? I have to imagine that there will be hundreds or thousands of iPhones inside one city block. AT&T's network is going to get crushed. I'm worried that I won't be able to pull up useful sites like the one posted in this thread.

aragorn18 on
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    aragorn18 wrote: »
    As an aside, what do y'all figure the cell phone reception situation will be? I have to imagine that there will be hundreds or thousands of iPhones inside one city block. AT&T's network is going to get crushed. I'm worried that I won't be able to pull up useful sites like the one posted in this thread.

It is a city with population of over 600,000 with hundreds of thousands more in outlying areas (I think it was over 3 million for the total area last time I saw). I think the cell phone networks will be just fine. :P

There is also wifi... So while it will probably be bogged down, can use that on your phone as well.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited September 2009
    I think this is gnarly.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Looks good. I think most of us with iphones can download this website with some app that lets you view it offline. I forget the name of it though..

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    cafeganeshacafeganesha Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This one was linking around on Twitter today and it's pretty spiffy: http://pax.expojunkie.com

cafeganesha on
    @cafeganesha on PAX Twitter
  • Options
    AlphastreamAlphastream Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If you get a chance, could you add the RPGA events, including the new slot hours for Saturday and Sunday?

Slot 1 - Friday 2pm
    Slot 2 - Friday 7pm
    Slot 3 - Saturday 10:30am
    Slot 4 - Saturday 3:30pm
    Slot 5 - Saturday 8:30pm
    Slot 6 - Sunday 10:30am

The various events and their times (with above correction) are listed here: Warhorn site

Thanks!

Alphastream on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you get a chance, could you add the RPGA events, including the new slot hours for Saturday and Sunday?

Slot 1 - Friday 2pm
    Slot 2 - Friday 7pm
    Slot 3 - Saturday 10:30am
    Slot 4 - Saturday 3:30pm
    Slot 5 - Saturday 8:30pm
    Slot 6 - Sunday 10:30am

The various events and their times (with above correction) are listed here: Warhorn site

Thanks!

You got it!

IIIVAlive on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok, we have the WOTC and RPGA shedules under "more events", and we have a good set of booth events as well, such as the fact that Aeria games is giving away a Wii every day...

Please let us know what you think of the interface. We tried to minimize clicks, and make sure that the maps are all super-legible, even on 120 pixel wide screens, and all of the maps are clickable.

IIIVAlive on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We also got the skinny on a some booth events:

Jhonen Vasquez book signing (2k games 2pm-4pm Sat), Wii giveaway (Aerea Games 5pm) and some other big $$$ giveaways. Check out the "booth events" link on the app...

IIIVAlive on
This discussion has been closed.