As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aww, we're getting close now. I see dead people...in the future.

sum10fishy on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    I see dead people...in the future.

You will not be seeing me. I have the power to become completely inconspicuous at will. I have had teachers at school forget that I was there, even when I was in my assigned desk the whole time.

Brex123 on
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    KIT GET! Also, when I tried to register my kit on your site at

http://www.phenixone.com/assassins-registration?GAME_SCHEDULE_ID=3

I got the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method AssassinsGame::get() in /home/phenix/www/www/wp-content/themes/demo/assassins_registration.php on line 16

waffleboi9 on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    KIT GET! Also, when I tried to register my kit on your site at

http://www.phenixone.com/assassins-registration?GAME_SCHEDULE_ID=3

I got the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method AssassinsGame::get() in /home/phenix/www/www/wp-content/themes/demo/assassins_registration.php on line 16

wait for it...

FAIL GET()!

Thank you. Thank you. Be sure to tip your waitresses.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I also got an error when I tried to register my kit.

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've been updating a lot of things on the site tonight. Registration should be fixed now.

MarsChelios on
  • ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    @MarsChelios

I have a several questions for you good sir, if you have time to answer them. :)
    The large 5-letter code above the symbol is your Badge Code. It’s used to link your kit to your account on http://www.phenixone.com and for scoring purposes in the Primary and Secondary Tiers of gameplay.

So, this means that before I can wear the armband, be "killed", or "kill" anyone I have to add My Badge Code to my account?

Also,
    Safe Zones
    Certain areas are considered off-limits for attacking other Assassins players. When a player is in one of these areas they cannot be eliminated. Below is a list of the safe zones in Assassins:
      • Keynotes and Panels • Concerts • BYOC and PC Freeplay Areas • Hotel Rooms • Convention Tournaments
    Safe Zones exist so you can enjoy activities at the convention, not as a means to avoid being killed. Using the safe zones in this way will be considered cheating and appropriate action will be taken.

Since Hotel Rooms are on the Safe Zone List does that mean you can still "kill" people (or be "killed") if you are on the sidewalk or eating out at a restaurant or going to the bathroom (giving/receiving a death card after washing hands of course :wink:)?

Is there a specific time when the game starts & ends? Basically, does it start at 10:00am on Friday & end at 7:00pm on Sunday? Or is it included during Pre/Post PAX events?

Sorry for the crazy questions. I just need some clarification.

Thanks. :)

Shiggles on
    edited August 2009
    Shiggles wrote: »
    I have a several questions for you good sir, if you have time to answer them. :)

I love questions!
    The large 5-letter code above the symbol is your Badge Code. It’s used to link your kit to your account on http://www.phenixone.com and for scoring purposes in the Primary and Secondary Tiers of gameplay.

So, this means that before I can wear the armband, be "killed", or "kill" anyone I have to add My Badge Code to my account?

That's a good question, I don't think I've talked about that this year. Registering your badge with your PhenixOne account is primarily for scoring purposes and tracking how many people are playing, it doesn't activate the badge or anything. If you have a kit, you can play without ever registering it.

We do encourage people to register. The scoring data lets us see how well the game is balanced and helps us make adjustments for upcoming games.
    Also,
    Safe Zones
    Certain areas are considered off-limits for attacking other Assassins players. When a player is in one of these areas they cannot be eliminated. Below is a list of the safe zones in Assassins:
      • Keynotes and Panels • Concerts • BYOC and PC Freeplay Areas • Hotel Rooms • Convention Tournaments
    Safe Zones exist so you can enjoy activities at the convention, not as a means to avoid being killed. Using the safe zones in this way will be considered cheating and appropriate action will be taken.

Since Hotel Rooms are on the Safe Zone List does that mean you can still "kill" people (or be "killed") if you are on the sidewalk or eating out at a restaurant or going to the bathroom (giving/receiving a death card after washing hands of course :wink:)?

You can assassinate someone outside of the convention, but as always try not to be disruptive of someone elses activities (Not that I think you would, just reiterating for consistency). I'm going to add bathrooms to the safe zone list, but washing your hands is also very important. Like Recycling. :lol:
    Is there a specific time when the game starts & ends? Basically, does it start at 10:00am on Friday & end at 7:00pm on Sunday? Or is it included during Pre/Post PAX events?

The game starts at 8:00 AM on Friday and runs until 7:00 PM Sunday.
    Thanks. :)

No problem, thank you for playing!

MarsChelios on
  • DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hey i have a question that my girlfreind brought to my attention if i assassinate a pink symbol if my symbol is yellow and i get a new current kill can i still assassinate my original target to get more points or does the new target override that one?

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I recommend reading the first post on this page.

Oroso on
    edited August 2009
    hey i have a question that my girlfreind brought to my attention if i assassinate a pink symbol if my symbol is yellow and i get a new current kill can i still assassinate my original target to get more points or does the new target override that one?

The new target overrides your old one. You will only ever have one shape as your target at any time.

MarsChelios on
  • Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My question is if i Dress as a character from the UAA (United Assasins Asociation) do I atomatically win or get some kind of advantage? :P

Sir_Lag on
  • BlackvigilBlackvigil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I did a bit more reading, and just bought a couple kits.
    How will we know who/where to pick them up from?

Blackvigil on
    edited August 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    My question is if i Dress as a character from the UAA (United Assasins Asociation) do I atomatically win or get some kind of advantage? :P

I think that all depends on if the UAA is real or imagined doesn't it?

Edit: We're up to 88 players now! If you're interested in playing let me know and I can send you information on how to get in touch with me. Kits can still be purchased online here or you can just contact me and pay when you get them.

MarsChelios on
    edited August 2009
    We've hit 90 kits being sold, so I wanted to give an update on kits. I only originally bought 100 armband badge holders for the game since I wasn't sure about how many people would be playing. For those who suck at math this means out of that set only 10 kits are left for purchase.

I've ordered 30 more badge holders as well as a few larger armband badge holders, but there's some chance I won't receive them before I leave; in which case those remaining 10 kits will be all that's left. If you're on the fence about playing or plan on paying at the show, you may want to reconsider and reserve a kit online now.

I'll update if the extra order comes in Monday or Tuesday or should we sell out before then. I had hoped but never expected we would reach this number of players this year, you guys totally surprised me and I want to thank you so much for playing.

Edit: Updated the rules with information on how to register Assassinations (Primary Tier) and Gathering Intel (Secondary Tier). Pretty straightforward I think, but let me know if you have any questions.

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    Good news, everyone! I got that shipment of extra armbands, so there shouldn't be any worries about selling out. The offical player limit is now 126.

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    So, if someone needs a eplacement (like me if my badge doesn't arrive in time) there are still badges aviable?

Sir_Lag on
    edited September 2009
    Yes, we'll have replacements for anyone whose shipped kits took a detour. Maybe someone got a little overzealous and took out the kit before it reached you.

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    Yes, we'll have replacements for anyone whose shipped kits took a detour. Maybe someone got a little overzealous and took out the kit before it reached you.

0_0

THEY KNOW WHERE I LIVE!

Sir_Lag on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    asherrd wrote: »
    Also, booty.
    SCAQn.jpg
    did you kill me last year? that's the exact same booty i gave to my assassin! NO REGIFTING!!!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Mr_SnutsMr_Snuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I just found this thread and i'm going to pax. Looks like the kit won't make it in 2 days, but I really want to play. What are my options here?

FINAL EDIT : Ready to go. Paid for the kit :D Guess im picking it up before.

Mr_Snuts on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yah, I'm somewhat worried about my 2 kits showing up now. Hopefully they appear today or tomorrow, otherwise Sumi and I will have to hunt you down for replacements :D

tr0tsky on
  • Matt_SFCMatt_SFC Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just heard about this. Kit ordered. I have to check my closet for old Blizzard schwag to see if I have anything worth looting. May have some employee only stuff from when I worked there, if not I'll just bring some old rare magic cards or something.

Matt_SFC on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »

Yah, I'm somewhat worried about my 2 kits showing up now. Hopefully they appear today or tomorrow, otherwise Sumi and I will have to hunt you down for replacements :D

*prays*

Also, looks like I won't have time to make a figurine as booty, so I'll be grabbing a box of candy instead. Everyone likes candy... right!?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited September 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    *prays*

Also, looks like I won't have time to make a figurine as booty, so I'll be grabbing a box of candy instead. Everyone likes candy... right!?

Looks like your praying did the trick. Got the armbands today. I kinda saw your symbol and target cuz they weren't individually wrapped, but we don't have each other as targets so that works out ok :P I'll give to you at Wings tomorrow night.

tr0tsky on
    edited September 2009
    Awesome, glad to hear it!

MarsChelios on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Headed to Seattle today woo hoo! Kill you guys soon ... I mean see you guys soon!

sum10fishy on
  • Boss KaufmanBoss Kaufman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have just ordered a kit for me and my girlfriend who will both be attending all 3 days of PAX. We would like to meet up to pick up our assasin gear either before the Triwizard Drinking Tournament (which I think everyone is meeting at the pre-dinner) or at the Pre-Pax Breakfast the following morning.

Boss Kaufman on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Good news, everyone! I got that shipment of extra armbands, so there shouldn't be any worries about selling out.

Tell me I'm not the only one who heard Professor Farnsworth speaking this line.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited September 2009
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    HotSake wrote: »
    Good news, everyone! I got that shipment of extra armbands, so there shouldn't be any worries about selling out.

Tell me I'm not the only one who heard Professor Farnsworth speaking this line.

Good news, everyone! I've invented a way of typing that makes you read this in my voice!

tr0tsky on
  • WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Last minute surprise assassin. Hoo rah.

Winyder on
  • JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just placed an order for two kits...and would like to have them picked up by a friend who is going to the Tri-Wizard drinking thing. Who should I PM to set this up?

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    JoshEEE wrote: »
    I just placed an order for two kits...and would like to have them picked up by a friend who is going to the Tri-Wizard drinking thing. Who should I PM to set this up?

The OP, MarsChelios. :D

(I PM'ed him too)

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I guess I look at avatars more than names because I just now realized you two were different people.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
    edited September 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    I guess I look at avatars more than names because I just now realized you two were different people.

Shhhh... no one knows!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    edited September 2009
    I HAS 100 PLAYERS!

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    I HAS 100 PLAYERS!

This is going to be awesome!!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I'm going to need a replacement, I have to leave tomorrow morning before the mail arrives, sorry.

Sir_Lag on
    edited September 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm going to need a replacement, I have to leave tomorrow morning before the mail arrives, sorry.

Not a problem. Get up with me and I'll get it to you.

I've turned off the online purchasing for kits now, in part because I know there are a lot of people who plan on purchasing kits at the dinner/breakfast. If you're interested in purchasing a kit, you can put in your email here and get information on how to contact me for kits. You can also PM on here as well.

MarsChelios on
This discussion has been closed.