As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX HOOKAH!!!!!!

RomulasRomulas Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
Ok so!, last year was kind of odd we did smoke hookah but it wasnt as organized, so this year i plan on setting a solid time for each night when i (and most likely leaf) will have our hookahs up and running! anyone who want to contribute to making this little sub-event even better, post here and PM me with suggestions! i have more than one hookah this year and i am most likely going to have one more by then! also im going to make this clear since we had issues on the forum last year

1: PLEASE dont post about adding green plant matter to the shisha, it wont happen and its not worth posting.
2: YES i am aware of washington state tobacco laws, and smoking in freeway park is OK... ive done it like 3-4 years in a row.
3: For those who dont know what a hookah is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah
4: Bringing shisha would be awesome if you cant bring a hookah.
5: you MUST be 18 to smoke, its the law kids!

now. lets make this happen! YAY PAX

~bullet out

Romulas on

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    twitter that shit! last year was so hard finding you guys. would be great to have sms updates when it's going on. btw, i thought leaf said he wasn't bringing his this year.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    good idea, ill get on it!

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    not certain, last time i talked to him about it was ages ago, his hookah was kinda on the fritz, but either way hell be there, and im sure hell bring something

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    https://twitter.com/PAX09Hookah

there you go, ill update often.

Romulas on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I may bring both hookah and shisha...makes no sense to bring the pipes and not the tabacco...lol
    Mine is kinda small so it'll be a puff/pass dealy

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    cool man, yeah we just encourage anyone who wants to to bring em, if you have twitter it will be a good idea to follow the hookah page at least when it gets close to the event itself, glad to have you on board! also.

i heard you like equations so i put a derivative inside your derivative so you can derive while you derive!

Romulas on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    might be a good idea to make updates private on that twitter, though. don't want too many people showing up, your call, though.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    the point is that we WANT anyone and everyone to show up, even if you dont have a hookah, ill have disposable mouth pieces and such, and plenty of shisha, im hoping that before PAX well have a bunch of people offering to bring hookahs, last year we had a few people, bu had trouble coordinating the whole thing so this year im going to stay on top of it.

Romulas on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    leaf isn't bringing himself this year either, let alone the hookah :\

Haven't been able to find work for the last few months, so I've had to cancel every damn vacation I had planned for this summer.

Mines working fine though, mostly by using plumbing tape to shore up that weird weak connection the stem and base were making. It's been fine ever since. Two hose deal that's been at pax almost every single year.

It's too bad, I really haven't been able to figure out any way of getting there. I even bought the ticket beforehand back when I had spending money too.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    leaf wrote: »
    leaf isn't bringing himself this year either, let alone the hookah :\

Haven't been able to find work for the last few months, so I've had to cancel every damn vacation I had planned for this summer.

Mines working fine though, mostly by using plumbing tape to shore up that weird weak connection the stem and base were making. It's been fine ever since. Two hose deal that's been at pax almost every single year.

It's too bad, I really haven't been able to figure out any way of getting there. I even bought the ticket beforehand back when I had spending money too.

See if you can hitch a ride with one of the canadian supertrip people?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    you know you can get a ride with me right? karen is coming early to my house in b-ham, so you can get a ride with her down to mine then we can all make the trip together, c,mon man we can make this work! sukka ~ bullet out

Romulas on
  • Options
    DunckTheFunkDunckTheFunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hahaha, that's a great idea. I smoked a ton of shisha when I was in Egypt and brought back a bunch. Too bad It's not legal for me to do it here, as I'm 16 and I wouldn't want to make it awkward.

DunckTheFunk on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    GFW-1.jpg
    GFW Radio. The Brodeo. Live at PAX '09. Come for the WahJah. Leave with a shame cape.
  • Options
    applecoreapplecore Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    ride with me on the amtrak?

applecore on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I missed out on this last year. Provided times get out and around, Ill make it a point to stop by with my hookah and hang.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hahaha, that's a great idea. I smoked a ton of shisha when I was in Egypt and brought back a bunch. Too bad It's not legal for me to do it here, as I'm 16 and I wouldn't want to make it awkward.
    yes, arrests = bad at pax (especially). the police are cool there, but if they get a reason to be bothering people, that would make bad times for all involved.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    razoredgrazoredg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    id be down for some hookah... maybe i can snag a pipe from a few friends of mine, they run a shop up in bellingham. hell if theyre new lounge is open in seattle by labor day weekend, maybe we can have a post-pax smokeout there :) if not we can always cruise by the rabbit hole
    if anyone cares... the lounge in b-ham The Cobra Lounge

razoredg on
    Razoredg--X13 Counting the days till Prime 2010!
  • Options
    LiberaltugboatLiberaltugboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have never had the chance to smoke a hookah before... would love to give it a try. I would like to contribute some shisha... can I get it from most smoke shops? Any type that is better?

Liberaltugboat on
  • Options
    NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This event needs to be much more organized this year. Last year Romulas sucked at communication :P I'll be bringing my hookah, sheesha, coals and a torch for those who dont have self-lited coals. That would be tight if some of the key-hookah'ers wanna share a hotel room- I'd be down.

Nepo on
  • Options
    OrrOrr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd love to help contribute to the event, but anyone have any idea if it'd be an issue getting shisha on a plane?

Orr on
  • Options
    NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I dont think it would be any different than bringing a pack of cigarettes on board.

Nepo on
  • Options
    OrrOrr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hmm, maybe- I know they're kinda touchy about liquids and the like so I was unsure if that would be an issue- but I guess we'll see.

Orr on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    pack it in your luggage not a problem. also though the twitter will be updated on the day, with info and such, ill set a tentative time later this week.

Romulas on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah it's not the canadians fault our phones get fucked by ridiculous american carrier charges while down there, so updating anything via sms was impossible. And have fun and smoke a pack of djarums or camel crushes for me out there too.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
This discussion has been closed.