As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Five H's: Hate, Hope, Happiness, and Hard Modes

1606162636466»

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Algalon 10 down again (we got him twice then failed two weeks in a row). With a shaman in place of our usual paladin tank healing with me.

Hate: No Meteorite Crystal. And Dark Matter dropped, which is good, except now my rogue friend is emo because the ret paladin won and apparently it's irreplaceable for him but the paladin will upgrade it blah blah.

riz on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Got almost all the easy hard modes on 25man .

Hope: Get vezax hard this next week. They nerfed him a ton, so I think we'll be a fine if people don't fail at moving.

Annoyed: We'll have to start splitting our focus with ToC a bit (assuming those hard modes are actually...hard)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Happy: Algalon 10 down again (we got him twice then failed two weeks in a row). With a shaman in place of our usual paladin tank healing with me.

Hate: No Meteorite Crystal. And Dark Matter dropped, which is good, except now my rogue friend is emo because the ret paladin won and apparently it's irreplaceable for him but the paladin will upgrade it blah blah.

Assuming you can equip a heroic version of a trinket and a normal version of a trinket, it is replacable for a rogue.

Edit - I guess the buffs have to stack also, which I assume is feasible since they are different amounts of agil. Maybe they won't be able to be up at the same time, but as long as they don't share a cooldown, it should be fine.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Hope: That this new computer system, when assembled (buying RAM on Monday), should be able to provide a much smoother WoW experience than the system I put together in 2005 and have been running it on ever since. Pentium 4 with 1.5GB of RAM to AMD Phenom II X4 with 4GB ought to make some difference.

Blargh: Well, it does do something different: it completely fails to even boot up. Going to try getting a 500W power supply tomorrow instead of a 400W one just to see if that helps, and if it doesn't, it's time to go out and claim warranty replacement.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Oh thank god I just got 5k gold on my dk for epic flying and hopefully I'll never have to do that god awful grind again.

Even happier: I was finally able to learn the Bronze Proto Drake that my new guild mates let me have in CoS on my first day in the guild.

Tav on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Raised my mage's DPS by about 40% due to upgrading to Northrend gear.

Hate: Finally got the chance to get on just to have the server go down for maintenance 10 minutes later.

Annoyed: Got an awesome dagger to use, but I have nothing decent for my off-hand to make it useful.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Timbermaw exalted. Also made sure to do the one quest so that the rest of Org knew about it too. Timbermaw exalted also got me the Diplomat achievement.

Nobody on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Got into a Ramparts run on my 59 mage for a little bit. I was the lowest level there. The only person outdpsing me was the 67 ret pally. And then just barely on big enough aoe pulls. I even beat him on the first boss. Barely.

Hate?: We had a 62 Dk and a 63 pally. Both thought they were supposed to tank. I guess neither had an offspec, because they both tanked. I still pulled aggro sometimes. On the plus side, we did the area up to the first boss with double and triple pulls.

Happy/hate:Got pulled away just before second boss to do Uld 10, where I picked up some offoffset tanking gear (Stoneguard!) but our GLs computer then completely died. So he may or may not be there tomorrow for ToC and Uld 25 :(

Happy: Went back into ZG with my wife's DK so now I'm about 20% away from 60, having done about 2 quests in Outlands, and I have 2 ZG blues (ring and cloak) and an epic ring waiting for me when I ding. I also have about 20 bijous of various colors plus a ton of coins, so I should easily have enough rep for the tier bracers once I go find the turnin place.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Un-related to game happy: I joined the Air Force NCO corps today. Staff Sergeant promotion takes effect 1 Sept 09.

Un-related to game hate: My fucking arms are smoked. Soooo many people tacking on stripes. (You get punched in the arm to "tack on" your stripes. Congratulatory tradition, for you non-military folk reading.)

Hope: This week's reset sees those Twins in ToC less of a push-over fight. Also, wtb attempts on this new boss. Good times tonight!

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Dark Iron is one of the servers on the list to get the "instance server fix". Which is nice, then I might be able to run something on an alt.

Hate: Extended maintenance, grrrr!

Happier: Movie and a pizza easily gets rid of the extended maintenance blues.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fun: got to try out the new ToC raid.

Hate: Not being a raiding member as that puts me at alt status when it comes to gear in guild raids despite carrying them through hardmode content!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: They list their expected time as 11:59am... just fucking make it noon, you're not fooling anyone.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They don't like to say 12:00 am/pm because people get confused on if it's noon or midnight (seriously) and it saves them some customer service cleanup by just making it explicit. Notice the delay is listed as pushing it to 2:00 pm even.

Opty on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Adda wrote: »
    Fun: got to try out the new ToC raid.

Hate: Not being a raiding member as that puts me at alt status when it comes to gear in guild raids despite carrying them through hardmode content!

What I hate is I get asked if I want to go when I am finishing up my daily run and getting ready for work
    when i have the time no one wants to do or is saved

Hopefully with today's extended manitence I can get some interest in old school raids like BWL or Molten Bore

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I know I have bad luck and a love/hate relationship with guilds but my brother has been in 5 or 6 raiding guilds get burned out runs to his mage and back to his paladin rinse repeat

With the talk of guild achievements he wants to raid again and get into a raiding guild where he can tank

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Triple post!

I reinstalled warhmmer
    At least they improved some of it like the backpack and public quests are easier

Brainleech on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    None of those improvements mean shit if the client hasn't been optimised further. Not to mention the decreasing population and the abysmal leveling time.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: I keep picking guilds that keep reminding me how much I hate idiots & question whether or not I really want to play WoW.

I like raiding. I have little tolerance for incompetence or lazy people. I also don't have the time to keep up with any of the hardcore guilds on my server who raid 4-5 days a week. There's the hardcore guilds, & then it's a bit of drop to the casual/semi-casual/idiots on the server. I've thought about server transferring, it's going to take a few alts to move all my gold. ^_^;;;

LOL: The guild that I've complained about in recent weeks is imploding. Lack of raid attendance + key members leaving + poor recruitment = raid leader server transferring for guild doing "hardmodes & progression".

This was the ass who took the caster dagger last week. And he didn't deposit any of the crusader orbs in the guild bank before he left. A couple of the other officers server transferred as well. The hunter officer found another guild to carry her through content (BiS geared hunter, barely 3k dps average - she's really bad).

All of this happened over the weekend, & I wasn't around to see it because I was out of town.

zagi on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    riz wrote: »

Assuming you can equip a heroic version of a trinket and a normal version of a trinket, it is replacable for a rogue.

Edit - I guess the buffs have to stack also, which I assume is feasible since they are different amounts of agil. Maybe they won't be able to be up at the same time, but as long as they don't share a cooldown, it should be fine.

Can't wear a heroic and normal version of an item. They are considered the same item, just one has higher stats.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    None of those improvements mean shit if the client hasn't been optimised further. Not to mention the decreasing population and the abysmal leveling time.

I agree with the abysmal leveling time my magus is level 16 the gear is shitty I have NO idea where an instance is the people in the game are either just as clueless or not a help at all {beyond rude and an ass was someone I tried to talk to before I logged off}
    My shadow hunter is still wandering around lost in an area for dark elves

I agree with my brother when he said it does not feel like warhammer it felt thrown together

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Did the new boss in VoA to get two more triumph emblems so I was able to buy my pants (expertise capped, woo) today rather than having to do another daily tomorrow.

Arrath on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Was it a PuG arrath? If not, Doable in a PuG? Might have trouble getting into the my guild's runs.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
This discussion has been closed.