As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magic: the Gathering (now with 200% more OP)

1656667686971»

• Options
    -poe--poe- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I put together a casual-multi deck, mostly around Sanguine Bond, but I think a lot of it stands on its own well even without the bond:

12 Swamp
    4 Caves of Koilos
    4 Tainted Field

4 Bottle Gnomes
    4 Children of Korlis
    4 Souls of the Faultless

4 Consume Spirit
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Sanguine Bond
    4 Sunbeam Spellbomb
    4 Tainted Sigil
    4 Drain life
    4 Ad Nauseam

If I can pick them up at a decent cost or trade, I'm thinking 4 Goddless Shrines in place of the Caves, then replace 3 swamps with an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and 2 Cabal Coffers.

Souls, Gnomes, and Ad Nauseam strike me as not the greatest fits, but the first two work well with other cards in the deck. Anybody have suggestions?

-poe- on
  • Options
    DazarenaDazarena Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Check this out

spo_8zjgjbg3xj_EN.jpg

If you look close enough to the image it shows the new chandra with her line 2 ability being -1...I can't read the rest though

Dazarena on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I know it's sort of old news but the Card Wizard's Black Book is pretty messed up. Apparently you can buy a case, pull a Baneslayer from a box, and if it is the first box in a "span" you can just sell the next two sealed boxes. I'm probably not going to buy boxes off ebay after seeing that. Just the possibility of people ripping all the valuable cards out, and using the rest for drafting is a little disturbing.

jackal on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    Also is the Elemental Sparkspitter from X edition still in play or should I think about not being a cheap bastard and take it out of my mono red deck?

If you're playing casually, then you are free to play whatever cards you own as long as the deck has 60 cards in it, and there are no more than 4 of any single card (aside from basic land).

... and relentless rats, but that's beside the point.

It sounds like you're playing from a limited card supply, so unless you and your friend(s) have agreed to follow the "standard rotation", play what you like.

In my casual group, anything goes, as long as it's not unsporting (which is to say, decks with 4 skullclamps are frowned upon).

As for rare runs; one would hope that wouldn't be too common, but I buy my boxes from a local store who has been trustworthy in the past. Perhaps you might be better suited looking around locally, which should save you both time and shipping. I know in some areas you just can't beat the deals on ebay, but it's worth a shot.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think it's time for a new thread, since this is getting pretty long. Any objections to me creating it?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No objections here.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »

As for rare runs; one would hope that wouldn't be too common, but I buy my boxes from a local store who has been trustworthy in the past. Perhaps you might be better suited looking around locally, which should save you both time and shipping. I know in some areas you just can't beat the deals on ebay, but it's worth a shot.

I'm mostly concerned with people bringing in sanitized draft packs for 2-on-2s. Although it isn't really an issue where I play currently because everyone pretty much buys their draft packs from one guy that I know is trustworthy.

jackal on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png