As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Mystery Tour 2009 - SCHEDULE AND VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

• Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    I can personally confirm that the warm glowy feeling of being on this list is well worth the money. :P

*Must resist urge to make Pinder's Mom joke!*

ashridah on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lol Pinder! And do it Ash!

Dear everyone - I am faxing in the info to the bus place today. XD

IT IS ON!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    HOLY S*** HOLY S*** PAX IS IN A WEEK!!! If this was next week, we'd all be hanging out on the MMT! AAAAGHHHH!!! The excitement!

We will be meeting at 9:00 AM at the Pike Place Market, near the Golden Pig, it's right HERE on the map!

Once everyone arrives, we're going to have to book it down to the aquarium, so if anyone wants to grab some bignets (donuts) first, show up a bit early (15-20 at least, the donut line gets looong) and I'll show you where to go. Also, don't forget to eat breakfast!

Here is the Tour Map for both days:
    WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY

And here is the FINAL Schedule:
    WEDNESDAY (Sept 2)
    9:00 AM – meet at Pike Place (we can go get donuts!)
    9:15-11:00 - Seattle Aquarium
    Ride waterfront streetcar to Pioneer Square (we'll be catching up with the bus after the Underground Tour)
    Noon-1:30 - Underground Tour (tours start at 10 am, 90 min long)
    1:30 – 2:30 - Get lunch at Essential Bakery , lunch at GasWorks
    2:30 – 3:00 - Look around Fremont, visit the imprisoned Fremont Troll
    3:00 – 4:00 - Ballard Locks
    4:00 – 5:00 – Archie McPhees and Trophy Cupcakes
    5:00 - ??? – Back to Downtown

THURSDAY (Sept 3)
    9:00 AM – Meet downtown somewhere, take monorail to Seattle Center
    9:30 AM – 12:30 PM – EMP and Sci-Fi Museum
    1:00 PM +/- -- Meet up with CCST at WSCTC (for whoever wants to go, otherwise can stay at EMP)
    LUNCH at Westlake center – before or after CCST meetup, time-dependent
    After lunch: optional, self-coordinated trip to MOHAI for those who want to go.

Those of you who may be interested in going to MOHAI (Museum of History and Industry) on Thursday after the CCST meetup, see below:
    This will be an un-official stop, so you'll have to coordinate it yourself :( There may be some people driving who are interested in going, otherwise, you can take the bus directly there.

You can catch the fancy Sound Transit bus, #545 from 4th and University, or catch the #43 Metro bus from Pike st. and 4th. Either bus you take, you will be getting off at the "SR 520 and Montlake Blvd." stop.

Thank you all so much for getting your bus passes, and for being so awesome! We will see you next week, and good luck on your travels into Seattle!

EDIT: Accalon, I don't have your email address, so if you'd like to have the email I just sent out, gimme your email address!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    For the record, those donuts are really really good!!

Also, I added Accalon at the bottom of the spreadsheet since he didn't register lol. My bad. I probably have his email somewhere.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I am going to go by Nintendo and Digipen when I first get down there. I always wanted to visit Nintendo US.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    OptimalOptimal Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As of my current time zone, it is less than one full week until I get to meet the rest of you, can I just say...

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGHH!!

I can't wait!

Optimal on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Optimal_NZL.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Optimal wrote: »
    As of my current time zone, it is less than one full week until I get to meet the rest of you, can I just say...

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGHH!!

I can't wait!

I KNOW!!!! It's CRAZY!!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have to admit I'm pretty fricking excited about it.

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    orbdep wrote: »
    I have to admit I'm pretty fricking excited about it.

Now you are in the proper frame of mind. You need just stay there for the next week and you'll be all set.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    aside from the fact that there are going to be great people and things to do, I'm also excited about the chance to just NERD OUT for three days straight and not have to worry what my cowarkers think or if they are now afraid of me, lol

edit: so maintaining the excitement, probably not an issue, i've been in a sort of excitement pax fugue for the past month and a half :)

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sign-ups are OVER! We've got our crazy group, and the wheels are rollin!

For those of you meeting up with us on THURSDAY MORNING, we will be hanging out outside the WSCTC, underneath the sky-bridge (or close to it) at 9 AM! If you miss us in the morning, we are heading from the WSCTC straight to EMP, via Westlake Center and the Monorail. We'll be at EMP until it's time to head back to the WSCTC for the CCST meetup!

Was that enough acronyms for you??

For those of you meeting up on Wednesday morning, I'll be at Pike Place near the pig and the fish throwers (Pike and 1st is the closest intersection, head straight into the market from there), around 8:30 at the earliest (if I can get myself up in the morning!)

See you all soon! Good luck with your travels into Seattle, and I will see you all... THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW! AAAAAAAAAAA!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was going to hit the aquarium as soon as I got into Seattle, but I've decided it'd just be too rushed (I'd maybe have 1-1.5 hours there). Instead I'll just go straight to the Sheraton, either get my room or just drop off my bag, and then meet you all for lunch (on Wednesday) and roll from there :-)

Thanks again for organizing all this Nomad. See you soon!

DMmagic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    See you all TOMORROW! If you need something to do on your journeys over here, I suggest studying up on Seattle facts and trivia.... :winky:

Or practice your Mario Kart DS! heheheheeeeee

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are there any plans for a Wednesday night dinner meet-up?

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are there any plans for a Wednesday night dinner meet-up?

I don't have plans for dinner yet, so I'm up for whatever :-)

DMmagic on
  • Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Me and TimDisaster were thinking of hitting some Irish bar or other for a beer or two post-Wednesday touring, called Kell's or something like that? Presumably food would be purchasable from this establishment also!

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'd love to do something Wednesday. Kell's is a bit far for me to walk, but I could stop by after work on my drive home. When are you two going to be there?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    haha any chance of getting into Wicked? It starts toamorrow

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ash and I might be up for Kell's too, depending on what time we get there, etc.

Also, my "PLAN B" for the Underground Tour, if they happen to be sold out for the noon tour (which, not really any reason they should be), is for us to buy tickets for the 6:00 PM tour. I'm hoping that's an acceptable plan B. because, that's all I've got. *TIRED*

ALSO: If you haven't been getting emails, you are not registered. You can still come, but please bring $26 for eye_shuh tomorrow to cover bus costs.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    OptimalOptimal Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Me and TimDisaster were thinking of hitting some Irish bar or other for a beer or two post-Wednesday touring, called Kell's or something like that? Presumably food would be purchasable from this establishment also!
    Sounds good to me!

Optimal on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Optimal_NZL.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Pika's Journal, Day 1, 0930 Hours

Met with Group. Participated in a tribal ceremoney in which I reciieved a round device with a sharpened stick protruding from it. I assume it is a hunting weapon. I am now a part of the tribe.

Lesson Learned. Do not arrive at the location 10 minutes before it opens. Maybe go after it opens.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff's Journal, Day 1, 1121 Hours:

We have finishhed a tour of the Seattle Aquarium. I assumed we were hunting food for a later meal, but no kills were made. I believe the tribe was meaerly surveying the area for furture hunts. We are currently entering a giant green mammoth on a journey to an underground tour. Currently TeaTime is sitting on top of Eyeshuh, presumably some type of mating ritual.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff's Journal, Day 1, 1126 Hours:

I have made a yo mama joke at one of the tribesmen. The tribe now accepts me as one of their own.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It feels so real. Like I'm watching the Discovery Channel.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Best Journal Ever.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    On another note, where exactly are we meeting tomorrow morning at 9?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff's Journal, Day 1, 1401 Hours

We have concluded a tour of a set of underground dwellings.This was either their old campsite, or possibly a location set up for defense in case of an attack?

We have recently boarded a white vessel of high elegance and are currently riding to their bakery for a small feast.

A tribesleader is currently quizzing the tribe and handing out badges of honor. And I'm currently failing. Hard.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    pics
    pax09_mmt01.jpg
    pax09_mmt02.jpg
    pax09_mmt03.jpg
    pax09_mmt04.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, too late to join in for tomorrow? I won't have much to do aside from dinner with the fam.

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just show up at 0900 at`uh near that place. uh. but i just asked eye-shuh and she said it's cool, but remember the morning for tomorrow is MMT stuff, and afternoon is mostly meeting the CCST arrival and pre-pax dinner if you have tickets for that.

PikaPuff's Journal, Day 1, 1517 Hours:

We are having a short reprieve in a gas filled area. Here we enjoy the feast we gathered an an essential land of bountiful bread. Quick note: expect to offer many a sacrifice to the cooking lordsin oder to recieve your feast. And Feast here is an operative term; in reality it's mearly a meal.

And now it seems as I write this, the tribe has started to migrate. Asking what is happening, one of the tribesleaders tell me they are migrating to a shaded area. This tribe, which is accustomed to spending days in their respective caves as they conduct their raids for resources and adornments, havegrown accustomed to the dark climate and a cooler temperature.

I will soon join them in this shade they seek, for the tribesleader has announced a challenge to the tribesmen. A race to be conducted while sitting, and hands move, weaving and bobbing with the use of turtle shells and banana peels. Is this what my colleagues have referred to when I was told that natives were masters of using all parts of an animal, letting nothing go to waste? This seems to be the case, as even though thi is a race, they sit there conserving energy, with the actual race being conducted with their fingers upon oobjects that resemble clam shells. This is not only entertainment but also an exercise in finger movements and hand to eye approximation. Fascinating.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Museums are my kinda thing, I don't have tickets for the dinner (Vegan) but at least I can spend some of the day doing stuff instead of sitting in my hotel room and playing Professor Layton. Where is the meeting place downtown?

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Where is the meeting place downtown?

Ok, I just spoke with Nomad and verified that it is out front of the convention center.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    in front of the convention center you'll see a multi colored artpiece/fountain made of squares/circles/rombii. That's the meeting place. If you see the cheesecake factory across the street you should be in the right place.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yes I know that place! :)

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff's Journal, Day 2, 0759 Hours:

I do not know how much time I have. I scrawl this quickly as I can. Not for my sake; this is for others, now. I know I will never have time to reflect upon these words.

Yesterday contained the likeness of a tsunami. Everything before was the tide pulling away. After we left the gaslands, I began to see the trouble brewing. We visited a river. Crudely dammed up. Boats were still able to pass through. This is how bad it was. Shamans rasing and lowering the waters at will. Bridges forming and unforming with a chirp, almost asif they were alive. This maggic. This secret. Why show me? My thoughts were interrupted as a tribesmember asked about my satchel, which contained my journal. I quickly shruged the question asidewith jokes of womanly belongings. But I knew. I knew they were catching on. Did they already know? Was that the test? And did I fail?

Next stop, a shaman's hut. Many strange devices and magical things. Skulls, pink and furry. Unicorns with horns adorned with the blood of a child. But something from this hut of Archie Mcgee's... disturnbed me. Bacon. People. Bacon people. Everywhere. whatis this. my hands tremble as I write this now. Is this it? This is it. This is how they feed. This is why the river, full of fish, was not hunted. This is why the aquarium was full of peaceeful animals. My mind reeled. I stumbled away from that place grasping in the air and only finding black strings (hairs?) in my hands. I began to weave them into my badges to make a necklace. Possibly to givve to thetribesleaders as a gift? A gift for what? freedom? my life? It didn't matter.

As I wove, they lead me to a white building. Inside. Sweets. Cakes. Tiny Cakes. In cups. They fed me. I ate.Were they fattening me up? I couldn't tell. But I began to tire. Drugs? I. No. I saw a turtle. We gathered around it. It ran. They watched. I tookthis chance to run. It was a sign. If a turtle could escape the tribe then I can as well.

It was. It was a sign. I saw a green tortoise shell. A giant shell. Many vagabonds slept within. I joined them and fell, weary. Only now I awoke. Only now I write. And now I go.

I have to go back. One last time. I only know of their next location. The EMP Meuseum. I have to see it with my own eyes. I have to know. I won't be long. My caravan arrives soon. Full of calvary for me. I need proof. I need to show them what they are arriving to. If... WHEN I return, I shall be a hero. If not... then... then I have lead the troops of the CCST into a death trap. Only time will tell, because I can not. This writing ends here.

My regards,
    PikaPuff

PS: Tell the children I love them. Any child. Every child.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm still piddling around my hostle in the ID. Looks like I'll meet you guys at EMP.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Follow the Ducks home. They shall lead you to your promised land.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Welre at the EMP!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    bigben79bigben79 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok I'm lost and came back to my hotel room... guess I'll run around a bit more maybe ill run into somebody..lol (ben the really tall guy)

bigben79 on
  • Options
    TrencherTrencher Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Hey everyone, was great meeting most of ya... Hopefully catch you all at PAX tomorrow!

Trencher (Poisyn's quiet hubby) lol

Trencher on
This discussion has been closed.