As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to do Spoiler Warnings

DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
I apologize for my amazing noobness, and doubly so if I am going about this the wrong way, but how does one consor their posts for spoilers? I'd think this would be in some obvious place, and it probably is, but I looked for a while, even in the BBCode FAQ. How is it done?

Darlan on

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    spoilers go here

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    My sincerest thanks, go ahead and lock this topic if you want. (Or float it for noobs?)

Darlan on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Let us not forget the Real Spoilers(TM) which shall not be abused upon pain of...

well...

pain.

Or something.
    [realspoiler]This is really a spoiler code example[/realspoiler]

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    and i think alpha might put in [sp] [/sp]

if he has time and we ask nicely.

Also a oft-missed part about using spoiler tags is that you should state what the subject is above the tags, so that people can know if its going to be a spoiler for them or not.

In FFVII
    [spoiler:ecd7fa220e]somebody dies[/spoiler:ecd7fa220e]

Otherwise its a big guessing game, or you dont read anything in black at all (what I often do).

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    BenMCOBBenMCOB Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Let us not forget the Real Spoilers(TM) which shall not be abused upon pain of...

well...

pain.

Or something.
    [realspoiler]This is really a spoiler code example[/realspoiler]

I don't know if I've just happened to click on the only topics that had it in, but I've seen a fair bit of Real Spoiler abuse around in the past few weeks. Is that rule still being enforced or is someone working on a "Really Real Spoiler" tag or something?

BenMCOB on
    KirbyvsMetaknight.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Really? Next time you see it, PM me with examples. That's one rule I'm going to enforce.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    It's funny, because they introduced realspoiler because people were abusing spoilers.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I'm glad you asked 'cause I've been wondering how to do that myself for awhile.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    It's funny, because they introduced realspoiler because people were abusing spoilers.

I'm fairly sure they came in at the same time.

Also, last time I saw a "real spoiler" abused was by a mod... :S but hey im not complaining, i just don't read any of them.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I learned realspoiler abuse the hard way. Right around april fools day...

Damn ninjas...

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Deusfaux wrote:

I'm fairly sure they came in at the same time.

Also, last time I saw a "real spoiler" abused was by a mod... :S but hey im not complaining, i just don't read any of them.

I am fairly sure the realspoiler tag came later.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.