As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Official Thread)

• Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Stupid wrote: »
    All things in moderation!

Including moderation.

This.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    OzzimoOzzimo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As this applies only to TWDT folk I'm posting here vs the hotel room thread. I'm covered for places to stay on all nights except Thursday night. You see I live in the area but I don't want to think about driving home on a night like Thursday night. I'm sure you can all understand that. More fun that way.

Would it be possible to follow one or more of you to a place where I can pass out for one night?

Just so you might think I'm not a creep: I'm a married 26 year old who works in the video game industry in Seattle. I would bring my own sleeping bag if that matters would be happy to take people out for breakfast at Beth's Cafe (Home of the 12 egg breakfast). I shower and shave regularly and wouldn't mind throwing in a few bucks for your generosity.

PM me if you can help. Thanks! (Go Slytherin!)

Ozzimo on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think !Gryffindor is the house for me and my friend. Sorry to get into this three days before the event, but only recently did we find out we were going at all, much less going to make it down Thursday night.

Also, remember to drink lots of water and eat before and perhaps during the event! It'll help hangovers and the feeling of drunkenness, as the water keeps you from getting dehydrated and the food makes it so your body slowly metabolizes the alcohol.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Food is for the weak!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've drank Bailey's from my own boot.

You is for the weak.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    clickpictonyclickpictony Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm Jonny Nero's +1 that is interested in being a part of !Hufflepuff. If that is at all possible, that would be fantastic. Thank you.

clickpictony on
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Accalon wrote: »
    So a weak ass question:

Due to excessive partying in my college years, my body abhors taking shots. Doesn't matter the booze, or composition of drink, but shooting hard A makes me instantly gag. Is there any way I can request that "spells" against me are not shots? I'll pound a drink any day, even if it's vile, but even the most mild shot will make me run for the toilet.

Eh, after my 21st on Saturday night, I kinda.. only maybe don't want alcohol. Well, maybe one drink, but that's all. Seriously. Bad timing, right before the pub crawl, but a day and a half of misery from the worst hang over EVAR? Hmm. I also agree with the not wanting to do shots.

Accalon: I totally could have helped you with this! But no worries, I'm sure people won't be total dicks.

MeeOk: lulz. You are quickly learning the ways of moderation! Congrats!

I'm not really sure you could do anything to help a biological reaction my body has. Anyway, why so serious? This is supposed to be fun, not a brutal competition for REAL. If you're seriously getting competetive to the point that my gag reflex is a problem for your team, you're doing it wrong.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    All latecomers - don't forget your donations for Child's Play, comfortable shoes, and positive, fun-loving attitudes!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    So a weak ass question:

Due to excessive partying in my college years, my body abhors taking shots. Doesn't matter the booze, or composition of drink, but shooting hard A makes me instantly gag. Is there any way I can request that "spells" against me are not shots? I'll pound a drink any day, even if it's vile, but even the most mild shot will make me run for the toilet.

Eh, after my 21st on Saturday night, I kinda.. only maybe don't want alcohol. Well, maybe one drink, but that's all. Seriously. Bad timing, right before the pub crawl, but a day and a half of misery from the worst hang over EVAR? Hmm. I also agree with the not wanting to do shots.

Accalon: I totally could have helped you with this! But no worries, I'm sure people won't be total dicks.

MeeOk: lulz. You are quickly learning the ways of moderation! Congrats!

I'm not really sure you could do anything to help a biological reaction my body has. Anyway, why so serious? This is supposed to be fun, not a brutal competition for REAL. If you're seriously getting competetive to the point that my gag reflex is a problem for your team, you're doing it wrong.

I think the more important question here is why are you still thinking about this/letting it bother you several hours later? :lol: I was joking, but the event OP clearly describes shots as dueling tools - so if you knew you couldn't do shots...it's just weird to bring it up 3 days before the event. Though granted, I may be forgetting if you mentioned it earlier.

Anyway it was just good natured ribbing of a housemate. My primary job as Head Girl is to make sure everyone has a great time, stays safe, and gets from point A to point B. If that means not doing shots because that's what works for you - great! :mrgreen:

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I think the more important question here is why are you still thinking about this/letting it bother you several hours later? :lol: I was joking, but the event OP clearly describes shots as dueling tools - so if you knew you couldn't do shots...it's just weird to bring it up 3 days before the event. Though granted, I may be forgetting if you mentioned it earlier.

Anyway it was just good natured ribbing of a housemate. My primary job as Head Girl is to make sure everyone has a great time, stays safe, and gets from point A to point B. If that means not doing shots because that's what works for you - great! :mrgreen:

Couple hours later cause I just got off work and am tired.

I wasn't going to bow out of the event just cause I can't take shots, which is why I asked if that would be an issue.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have managed to get a +1 for !Hufflepuff Is that cool?

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just because you're going to the TWDT, doesn't mean you have to do every drink. Drink what's comfortable for you and if you need a break, take one. Don't feel 'forced' to drink too much or something you don't like.

Be smart but have fun.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Know Your Limit: The only person who knows your alcohol tolerance is you. There's nothing worse than an overindulged drunk so don't be that guy.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    strongesthylianstrongesthylian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As Hufflepuff's self-appointed muggle, I will be enjoying light colored beers like hefeweizens and cheering on my fellow 'puffs. I look forward to Thursday night!

strongesthylian on
    Now known as Rondhi. Too lazy to make a new user account.
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Everyone is able to participate in as many or as few of the drinking challenges as they are able to*. Flat out refusing to participate in a challenge isn't going to get your wand snapped. On the other end of the spectrum, anyone who consumes more spells than they should have will have their wand snapped. When drinking in public it's always best to err on the side of caution and if you can't drink a shot? Well you can't drink a shot. We're here to have fun and meet new people, not pump stomachs. The Triwizard Cup portion of the crawl will always be secondary to its social aspects. And of course the house rivalries.

*I hear Slytherin doesn't allow mudbloods, squibs, or muggles. You may be out of luck there.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    *I hear Slytherin doesn't allow mudbloods, squibs, or muggles. You may be out of luck there.

With Voldy gone and Umbridge and her ilk cooling their heels in Azkaban, I think we can put the whole blood purity conceit to bed.

You know, and focus on success by any means.

Even if it means dealing with muggles, squibs, and those of mixed species. *shudder*

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Slytherin accepts Mudbloods and the like...they just end up taking the brunt of our shenanigans.

However, in this case, they'll be spared because we have other things to focus on. In-fighting will get us nowhere.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    slacktron wrote: »
    Even if it means dealing with muggles, squibs, and those of mixed species. *shudder*

Not my fault that my Cousin Millicent Bulstrode got the better talent than I did! ...Goyle likes me more anywho. Father had to mess around with a muggle and ended up with a half-ass talented daughter.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    With 60 hours left before the Great Gryffindor/Slytherin Muggle Bad Dance-Off starts, I would like to make a disclaimer on my own behalf--and if Jules_Party would be able to see this, I am sure the general idea she would completely agree on.

This Bad Dance-Off is in no way to add bonus points to the Houses. Seeing how Muggles are technically the Designated Walkers/Navigators, we wanted something of our own. Of course we will participate in ANY donations that is for our Houses for Child's Play and we will help lug all personal items/persons to the next destination if needed. It's for fun and laughter, which is what EVERYONE--drunk or sober--likes when hanging out with friends/aquaintances/fellow Arcadians.

Now for my personal disclaimer.

I am in no way a dancer. I am in no way in good shape to be dancing. I am in no way lovely-looking enough to be watched dancing (seeing a low self-esteem pattern yet?) You know those third-wheel chicks on the dancefloor who should be a wallflower? Yeah, that's me.

I am more than willing to embarrass the fuckin' Hells out of myself for laughter and fun. I am also willing to do something this crazy/stupid/awesome against a former PROFESSIONAL dancer.

Now, with that being said, I will be doing some crazy-ass "Where in the Hells did she learn that?" kind of stuff. My dance partners were always my imagination, imaginary friends and air. So, obviously, self-taught.

Alright, enough with my "woe is me" ramblings. I am here to kick some Gryffindor-Muggle ass and I don't care if it's McSnornegall's Alter Ego--Millicent's "Stuck-In-The-1980s" cousin will bring her down!

BRING IT ON!

EDIT TO ADD :

Yes, yes. The winner and the House will have bragging rights. But I'm not too sure how cool a House would be to boast about the Best Bad Dancer in Arcadia.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BRING IT ON!

*Snaps* IT'S ALREADY BEEN BROUGHTEN.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    beta_angel wrote: »
    Slytherin accepts Mudbloods and the like...they just end up taking the brunt of our shenanigans.

However, in this case, they'll be spared because we have other things to focus on. In-fighting will get us nowhere.

We will welcome any mudblood into the fold, as long as they are focused on causing as much trouble as possible.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    OzzimoOzzimo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I rescind my room request from earlier. I've decided instead to stay away from spell-casting and focus on my potions. (aka Micro-brew's) :)

Ozzimo on
  • Options
    IcedhopeIcedhope Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I shall go SLytherin, because it sounds cool...and well...yeah.

Icedhope on
    Look! Another ReMake!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    To anyone who registered post mid afternoon on Sunday:

I printed out the current rosters at that time and put them into the packets I made for each house. If your name does not appear on the rosters, you are still more than welcome to join us. Just be forewarned that you will probably not get your own scorecard. As with last year, I urge those who have signed up this late to print out their own and bring it with them if they wish to partake in the drinking challenges.

The scorecard can be found in the OP, but for the lazy it can be found here:
    triwizardscorecard2f.jpg

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are you guys going to do Cowboy Killers?

If not then you are not getting the full Penny Arcade experience!

darren66 on
    Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    With 60 hours left before the Great Gryffindor/Slytherin Muggle Bad Dance-Off starts, I would like to make a disclaimer on my own behalf--and if Jules_Party would be able to see this, I am sure the general idea she would completely agree on.

This Bad Dance-Off is in no way to add bonus points to the Houses. Seeing how Muggles are technically the Designated Walkers/Navigators, we wanted something of our own. Of course we will participate in ANY donations that is for our Houses for Child's Play and we will help lug all personal items/persons to the next destination if needed. It's for fun and laughter, which is what EVERYONE--drunk or sober--likes when hanging out with friends/aquaintances/fellow Arcadians.

Now for my personal disclaimer.

I am in no way a dancer. I am in no way in good shape to be dancing. I am in no way lovely-looking enough to be watched dancing (seeing a low self-esteem pattern yet?) You know those third-wheel chicks on the dancefloor who should be a wallflower? Yeah, that's me.

I am more than willing to embarrass the fuckin' Hells out of myself for laughter and fun. I am also willing to do something this crazy/stupid/awesome against a former PROFESSIONAL dancer.

Now, with that being said, I will be doing some crazy-ass "Where in the Hells did she learn that?" kind of stuff. My dance partners were always my imagination, imaginary friends and air. So, obviously, self-taught.

Alright, enough with my "woe is me" ramblings. I am here to kick some Gryffindor-Muggle ass and I don't care if it's McSnornegall's Alter Ego--Millicent's "Stuck-In-The-1980s" cousin will bring her down!

BRING IT ON!

EDIT TO ADD :

Yes, yes. The winner and the House will have bragging rights. But I'm not too sure how cool a House would be to boast about the Best Bad Dancer in Arcadia.

DUDE I CANNOT WAIT!

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    refragrefrag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So it looks like DHL and Canadian Customs have failed me. My Ravenclaw tie and scarf have been stuck in customs purgatory for over a week now with little chance of being released and in my hands today.
    So instead I'll probably go the more slutty-goth route with a tiny skirt and corset. I do at least have a wand. I hope my attire will be acceptable to my house and all participants of the tri-wizard tournament.

refrag on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    .*I hear Slytherin doesn't allow mudbloods, squibs, or muggles. You may be out of luck there.

We allow muggles, just not Omeganauts.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    .*I hear Slytherin doesn't allow mudbloods, squibs, or muggles. You may be out of luck there.

Good thing no one in Slytherin was chosen to be one then.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Based on how many people have signed up for Slytherin and Ravenclaw, there may be a people that go without cards so first come first served.

Edit: A couple people. There are 62-63 cards per house so do the math.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Good thing no one in Slytherin was chosen to be one then.

No U!

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Based on how many people have signed up for Slytherin and Ravenclaw, there may be a people that go without cards so first come first served.

When and where are you handing out cards?

I had assumed it would begin at the first bar, but I've read that for some the Triwizard Tournament begins at the Pre-PAX Dinner.

slacktron on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

When and where are you handing out cards?

I had assumed it would begin at the first bar, but I've read that for some the Triwizard Tournament begins at the Pre-PAX Dinner.

It begins at the first bar technically, but many of us are leaving from the dinner to our respective bars. I'd imagine that if middle-management receives the cards from Atlas at the dinner then we may hand them out to those whom are there.

Long story short; If you show up at the first bar and are on the list, then you shall receive a card.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also if you're on the main roster you are guaranteed a card. It's just standbys and people who just show up who have to worry. And even then they only have to worry if everyone who signed up shows up, which probably won't happen.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also if you're on the main roster you are guaranteed a card. It's just standbys and people who just show up who have to worry. And even then they only have to worry if everyone who signed up shows up, which probably won't happen.

Just to clarify, this is at the first bar right? As in, we aren't holding cards for people on the main roster whom don't show up until the second bar or later?

redhalo on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shit, didn't have enough time to pick up/make anything with a snake on it.

I'm substituing a green shirt with dragons, best I can do on my budget and time frame.

Also, only about 30 hours away, sweet!

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Just to clarify, this is at the first bar right? As in, we aren't holding cards for people on the main roster whom don't show up until the second bar or later?

I'd say that's a fair assessment. While it is up to each individual head of house, that will be my policy.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Don't worry, bud. Your house has you covered.

slacktron on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

ROBES FOR EVERYONE!

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Don't tell him that we're going to burn the Dark Mark right into his hand and forehead...then he won't come and play with us.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
This discussion has been closed.