As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Post a picture of yourself! (keep all images under 500KB plzkthx)

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hortos wrote: »
    What is the protocol for telling a young lady on the PAX forum that you do indeed find her picture pleasing to the eye and would not be adverse to sharing a game of Super Smash Bros or possibly a bawls with her at what now should probably be called the 2nd greatest event of the year?

I think the protocol would be to actually speak to said female. Conversate.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    beta_angel wrote: »
    What is the protocol for telling a young lady on the PAX forum that you do indeed find her picture pleasing to the eye and would not be adverse to sharing a game of Super Smash Bros or possibly a bawls with her at what now should probably be called the 2nd greatest event of the year?

In person, in a public place, without being a stalker, and while wearing pants. All would help.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh no you can't speak to females. That's where they get ya! Get ya with their devil lashes and booty hugging jeans.

Did I join in on the thread too late? I miss all the funny pictures... though that Cable Guy one was pretty epic. I'll be mashing the Cable Guy and the Joker into one person in my nightmares for the rest of the week XD

Lokiale on
    East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

In person, in a public place, without being a stalker, and while wearing pants. All would help.

also tell her you like her hair/shoes.

Shade on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Pants are stupid. It's just a fact.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lokiale wrote: »
    I'll be mashing the Cable Guy and the Joker into one person in my nightmares for the rest of the week XD

Then all is as it should be.

Houn on
  • Options
    Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OK I apologize. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful at all, just stating that her pictures were easy on the eyes. Again I'm sorry, but I am definately not the first to post something like this.

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Xtian80 wrote: »
    OK I apologize. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful at all, just stating that her pictures were easy on the eyes. Again I'm sorry, but I am definately not the first to post something like this.

And if you'll notice, people have gone off on every single one of the previous offenders. :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    OzzimoOzzimo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    skarsol wrote: »

And if you'll notice, people have gone off on every single one of the previous offenders. :P~

I'm pretty sure he WAS one of the previous offenders...

Play it cool, boy... real cool.

Ozzimo on
  • Options
    Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow so an apology isn't enough then? Well, unfortuantely that is all I can do on forums. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful. Maybe it wasn't in the best taste but damn no need to crusify me over this.

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Who's crucifying? Chill out. The romans took the week off.

Houn on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    God took some time to chill, too.

Or so I've heard.

:D

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We are talking about the same people that made a recruit roll cake. Damn RIGHT we are classy!

BrokenAngel... best 70 bucks I ever spent... I'm sure the picture of it's floating around here somewhere :lol:

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    HortosHortos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Hey you don't need to apologize, you're a guy she's obviously attractive and you're not the first person to tell her and by the looks of this weekend you won't be the last. But you just need to be alittle more cautious in certain venues when interacting with women since the nerd community has a ridiculous amount of white knight type dudes.

Hortos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Rule of Thumb: Would your mom/teacher/priest slap you for it? Then you should think of a better way to say it.

Houn on
  • Options
    aquaoneaquaone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ozzimo wrote: »
    skarsol wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he WAS one of the previous offenders...
    multiple times in this thread. the baffling thing for me in all this is he's married with kids.

aquaone on
  • Options
    HortosHortos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Rule of Thumb: Would your mom/teacher/priest slap you for it? Then you should think of a better way to say it.

Precisely, and I doubt many of our moms are that Fail to be pissed over a reflex Internet compliment, but if your Dad would smile and give you a nod for it then you might want to save it for the bar crawl.

Hortos on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think the point is, many a female has put forth complaints about 'just being there for the looks' in nerd circles. It makes it so that any sort of thing like that in this community is jumped on pretty quick. Personally, I think catcalls in real life make you look like a jackass as well, so it's somewhat the same on an internet forum.

Do what you will though, but be prepared for people to rip into you.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How many times does this thread need to get derailed? Cmon lets get back on topic guys :-)

PAX IS NEAR :-D

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I see no problem with stating someone is hot, if they are indeed hot.

EDIT: plus she's 6'3... If shes offended i'm pretty sure she could kick my ass D:.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    I see no problem with stating someone is hot, if they are indeed hot.

EDIT: plus she's 6'3... If shes offended i'm pretty sure she could kick my ass D:.

I'm pretty sure most anyone could kick your ass. ;-)

Also, I get the impression that pics will be few and far between now. Most everyone I know is already packing up or on their way to Seattle. I might have a new one tonight or tomorrow.

Houn on
  • Options
    OzzimoOzzimo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Actually, all that being said... My wife is bringing a couple of friends who are actively looking for some nerdy-type guys to "get to know" I will NOT be posting a picture but I will say they will be walking around with me and my wife Saturday and I will be dressed as Dr. Manhattan at the time. You are more than free to compliment these two as that's part of why they are coming to PAX.

Sorry if that now puts a whole pile of confusion on the guys that just got talked down for complimenting hotness but...

well...

Chicks are strange man. That is all.

Ozzimo on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You realize you just chummed the waters, right? :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There will be hordes of single geeks running all around PAX looking for the two elusive girls now. D:

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Djiem wrote: »
    There will be hordes of single geeks running all around PAX looking for the two elusive girls now. D:

I'd guess they'll be easy to find if they're hanging with a naked blue guy. :P

Houn on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

So all the guys will be surrounding them. I need to snap a picture of that and tag it "PS3 Home: In Real Life"

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

So all the guys will be surrounding them. I need to snap a picture of that and tag it "PS3 Home: In Real Life"

:lol:

Houn on
  • Options
    ReverendJynxedReverendJynxed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oz... you are going to walk around nekkid and covered in blue paint?

Please... think of the children...

ReverendJynxed on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Let's hope he doesn't!

(Edit: well, that sounded... Yeah. Edited to not sound... yeah.)

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ozzimo wrote: »
    Actually, all that being said... My wife is bringing a couple of friends who are actively looking for some nerdy-type guys to "get to know" I will NOT be posting a picture but I will say they will be walking around with me and my wife Saturday and I will be dressed as Dr. Manhattan at the time. You are more than free to compliment these two as that's part of why they are coming to PAX.

Sorry if that now puts a whole pile of confusion on the guys that just got talked down for complimenting hotness but...

well...

Chicks are strange man. That is all.

I actually originated the "pax is not a dating service" only because of horrible, HORRIBLE pick up lines. So please think of other people when you say something completely and horribly stupid.

I wish there was a rule where we could verbally shun someone for using a terrible pick up line.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wtf happened to this thread?

Get it together, people.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay back on topic.

Photo from last year:
    n510848747_620212_6040.jpg

If you recognize me come say Hi. If you hadn't figured it out, I'm on the right.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oz... you are going to walk around nekkid and covered in blue paint?

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you want a good rule of thumb from me all I can say is just treat the girl like a person first and really just don't pay attention to the fact she's a gal. Most gals won't want to be picked up by some person they only met 5 seconds before no matter where they are (some of us just go to a bar to drink and hang out just like everyone else).
    Makes friends first. Not just because you think someone is hot but because you're standing in line together, just chilling out someplace together, or maybe are just trying to meet new friends at a community thing. If there's something more to be had then eventually it won't matter what anyone looks like because you have something deeper than looks. At the very least you have a good friend; which I think is worth more than one drink with one hot chick once only to never hear from her again.

Sorry for the soapbox but I kind of didn't want to stay quiet after agreeing with Wormdundee about some girls not feeling welcome and just there for looks. I'm going to PAX because a friend of mine who went last year (also a gal) told me that the last thing she felt at PAX was like she was a girl. She felt like a friend and a kid in a candy store. So that's why I'm part of her crew this year. =) Despite weird forum stuff I think as a whole the PAX community is going to be awesome.

And now for cinnamon coated cthulhu:
    3466872338_c5608445d9.jpg
    Who will not be making it out to PAX because he spilled cinnamon on top of some of my other sculptures. Oh yes. I ground Elder Gods in a heartbeat if they decide to misbehave.

Lokiale on
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    VanderVander Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And now for cinnamon coated cthulhu:
    3466872338_c5608445d9.jpg
    Who will not be making it out to PAX because he spilled cinnamon on top of some of my other sculptures. Oh yes. I ground Elder Gods in a heartbeat if they decide to misbehave.[/QUOTE]

But he's a delicious Elder God :(

Vander on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shade wrote: »
    also tell her you like her hair/shoes.

For best effect, tell her you like her hair shoes. They're vulnerable when confused.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I wish he was edible. I've been asked to make an edible version of this guy a while ago and I've just been too lazy to try to work it out into some kind of 3d cookie form that isn't raw in the middle...

I'm afraid this cthulhu is made of toxic sculpey as much as he is made of delicious secret spice blends. D:

Lokiale on
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    EnigmusEnigmus Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    This will be my first year at PAX (I know I live near Seattle what is my problem) anyways I have been gaming since.... well I could figure out my NES controller and been into MMO's since the launch of EQOA for PS2 in February of 2003. Currently I am playing AoC till Aion launches :YAY: If you see me feel free to say hello!

Here be me pic. I be on the right.
    July2006392.jpg

Spelunking(caving) is teh awesome!!!

I hope pic is not too big

Enigmus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I swear I'm not trying to be funny:
    Have you played Cave Story?

Lokiale on