As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shilling is interested in politics? What about the MMO he's been working on?

Rogue_KRogue_K Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
Bumped into this while looking up some game scores

I thought he was hard at work at 38 studios working on an MMO. How would he have time to run for a freaking public office??? Could this mean the project isn't coming along so well?

I could care less about his politics. I WANT THE GAME!!!

Shilling wrote on his blog that while his family and video game company, 38 Studios, are high priorities, "I do have some interest in the possibility."

Family and game company? You have room for political seat in there?

And through it all i gamed.
ssig-654898.jpg
Rogue_K on

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ummm, he has not skills when it comes to coding a game or making graphics im sure he could fine a coupel hours out of his day in public office to you know talk to the real people in charge and make sure the game is being made the way he invisioned.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    NamonNamon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And honestly that is exactly what he is doing right now really. He has been regularly posting on the foh forums, and that is the impression he is leaving.

Namon on
  • Options
    Rogue_KRogue_K Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow. Who would have thought owning your own game studio and creating your own mmo could be so easy. You need a whole second job just to fill your day.

Rogue_K on
    And through it all i gamed.
    ssig-654898.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would rather he set his people to make Rise of Nations 2, but MMOs are cool too I guess.

It's not like he himself is down in the trenches handcrafting this game. He doesn't know anything about making games, thats why he has hired people who do. He is just a business owner. In fact many successful business owners own more than one business (some are even in Congress already!). I doubt very much this will have any effect on the outcome of this MMO.

edit- Actually having a Senator who knows about and loves video games might be worth the price of a in-the-works MMO falling to the wayside.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    klokklok Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thought there was a rise of nations sequel? But I never had a chance to check out RoN so I'm not too sure about this

klok on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rise of Legends is what you are thinking of I think. They are not quite the same thing.

Also, for those not in the know, the MMO in question is being collaborated on by R.A. Salvatore and Todd MacFarlane. Which sounds like a bitch'n combo to me.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.