As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UNOFFICIAL PRE-PAX 2009 DINNER!! **REFUND AVAILABLE**

• ScrewLooseScrewLoose Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Our first year and we missed it too, my wife just got a teaching job and we were too busy to check the forums.

If there is anyone that can't attend and wants to sell us a couple tickets send me a msg.

ScrewLoose on
  • refragrefrag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    NOTE: As soon as the catering chef submits his late summer menu, we will contact everyone who bought food tickets to see which selection they would like.
    I haven't seen this happen yet. Did I miss something?

refrag on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    refrag wrote: »
    NOTE: As soon as the catering chef submits his late summer menu, we will contact everyone who bought food tickets to see which selection they would like.

Ditto that. I was just thinking this last night.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • LumberjackLumberjack Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    beta_angel wrote: »

Ditto that. I was just thinking this last night.

I haven't seen anything, either. Glad I'm not the only one.

Lumberjack on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's all a trick! Everyone will be eating Beanie Weenie!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    skarsol wrote: »

Dinner of champions right there. Can we get them with the Bacon Jam?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just out of curiosity, how many will be in attendance?

DeusTrinitas on
    edited September 2009

Cigar butts in Gallstone sauce.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

I don't have exact figures, but father up the page, Astayonix's post said they were 3 away from 200 tickets sold. So I'd say a couple of hundred would be a good estimate.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It turns out gmail sux and didn't print the barcode when I printed it out, can I still get in with the email without the barcode?

Asiina on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    It turns out gmail sux and didn't print the barcode when I printed it out, can I still get in with the email without the barcode?

Barcode? The barcode is a lie! :P You just bring your photo ID (driver's licence, school ID, whatevs), and that's your golden ticket, my friend! :) There is no barcode system here.

There will be 202 of the PAX faithful in attendance at last count! :) Yay!

Dinner of champions right there. Can we get them with the Bacon Jam?

It is my understanding that you can! I told Chef Josh that a bunch of bacon lovers would be there, so he said he'd stock up on the jars of bacon jam that are available for purchase from the Skillet trailer.

Actually, you did not. After talking with the Skillet folks, they said they'd rather just have people order what they want at the trailer, that way if someone really wasn't happy with their selection, they wouldn't have a grumpy face all night long - instead, just make your choice in person :) I also updated the OP to reflect this.
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Who dares disturb the eternal slumber of hlprmnky, Eternally Late, Elevated Hierophant of the Great God Procrastinus? This will be my first PAX, and I just now decided to go and look at pre-PAX events threads and try to finalize some kind of attack plan for Thursday/Friday.

I cannot believe I missed the special, extended deadline for food tickets by thirty minutes.

It was not meant to be, Pre-PAX 2009 Dinner. We'll always have Paris, or at least you'll always have the NRB while I have that raincloud thing mentioned earlier on this page. D:

Ooooh! :( Close, but no cigar! Unfortunately, my computer was packed up and on we were flying across the continent when I got your message. I had to give my final head count to the catering company for dinner on Monday evening, so I'm sorry it didn't work out this year :(. I'll pour some Bawls on the sidewalk in your memory.
    Rayman wrote: »
    ...its been so long since this thread started that I had forgotten what was on the menu! Then I notice that the food is being provided from The Skillet...which was weird since I just listened to Major Nelsons 8-23-09 pod cast today and he had mentioned how he tried it recently...he wants to give it several tries before commenting on how it was, but I am sure it is great...just a weird coincidence...

..after reading the OP I was wondering what kind of beverages are being served? I must be missing it.....damn contacts...

Hi! :) I just wanted to let you know that the bad boys of Skillet will be making a delicious watermelon ginger fresca to quench your thirst. This year we didn't go out a buy a bunch of drinks because Skillet is self contained, and well, Virgin America would have charged an arm and a leg if we'd brought Costco palates of Coke, Sprite, etc on the plane with us :lol:. But there will also be a beverage surprise available to many of the guests.

Sorry for the late reply, all. We told Qwest to shut off our DSL service at our condo when we first moved to Virginia last month, and since we're essentially squatting in our unfurnished condo for the week, we have no internet access there, so we have to go other places to get connectivity. Again, sorry for the delay.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm getting hungry. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M HUNGRY!!

sum10fishy on
  • bigben79bigben79 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    anyone care to meet up around the trade center and travel to the dinner as a group?

bigben79 on
    edited September 2009
    Yah, I was coming in to ask if people are going to be cabbing to this thing? It's pretty far for walking and I'm hella lazy. I'm at the Sheraton, should we all meet up or what?

Asiina on
    edited September 2009
    NM, I was wrong. We'll be getting there relatively close to 5:00. Prolly 5:30ish.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • bigevilisbackbigevilisback Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    im all for meeting at the convention center or the sheraton. just name the time and maybe a way we could figure out who we're looking for.

bigevilisback on
    edited September 2009
    i say all that would like to meet up and travel together to the dinner meet up in front of the trade center at 445pm (and by the front of the trade center i mean directly across from the cheesecake factory)

bigben79 on
    edited September 2009
    Excellent, I'll be there. I'll be the one standing around with four thousand buttons on my purse.

Asiina on
    edited September 2009
    i dont have many buttons yet =( but i do stick out of a crowd

bigben79 on
  • bigevilisbackbigevilisback Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm in. I'll be the one with the red sox hat and shirt.

bigevilisback on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sweeeeeet. I'll meet you there. I hear an underground bus an take us there. Or light rail. We can all check it out and get lost.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll be there. Look for wheelchair.

parabola on
  • MeiteronMeiteron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll join you guys; I'm fairly nondescript, just black shirt, brown pants, and glasses. ;-)

Meiteron on
    edited September 2009
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! The final Pre-PAX dinner was fun, and I enjoyed getting to meet you guys there! In spite of the wrinkles, it was good way to go out, and I'm glad we took a final run at this event. We hope someone will pick up the reins when we go back to Virginia later this week, but you guys are the most awesome community ever. Long live PAX, and long live the PAX community. Because of you guys' generosity, over $1,000 will be donated to the Child's Play Charity! You guys are freakin' awesome, and I look forward to tearing it up with you guys all weekend long! W00T PAX09! :lol:

Moderator, please feel free to lock this thread.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    edited September 2009
    Don't lock it yet. The food was AWESOME! And, so are you guys for organizing it. Thanks for the fun and chance to see everyone again!!

Ok, lock away.

sum10fishy on
    edited September 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    Don't lock it yet. The food was AWESOME! And, so are you guys for organizing it. Thanks for the fun and chance to see everyone again!!

Ok, lock away.

Food was indeed awesome. Bacon in jam form is amazing, and really matched well with the piquant bleu cheese.

My thanks go out to ET and Astayonix for giving it one last go round, you guys have always been welcoming to all (even when I was a total newb back in '07 at P.F. Chang's) and did a great job all the years you did this.

May this tradition be carried on, for it is too good a thing to fade away.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We can't be left alone between the MMT and pubcrawl. We've got a year to work it out. I'm sure ET and Astayonix won't let it die.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »

Ok, lock away.

Food was indeed awesome. Bacon in jam form is amazing, and really matched well with the piquant bleu cheese.

Wish the burgers had lasted so the rest of us could have tried it too. :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited September 2009
    Astayonix wrote: »
    We hope someone will pick up the reins when we go back to Virginia later this week, but you guys are the most awesome community ever..

You and I kind of talked about this briefly at the pub crawl. You'll be receiving a PM shortly. We actually have some tenative ideas for next year. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited September 2009
    REFUND OFFERED IN OP! Check it out on Page 1, Post 1!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    Yes you do, it's in the OP. You really should try and keep up, Atlus.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Maybe you should lay off the tussin and stop responding to posts that don't exist.

Option B for me, please.

Atlus Parker on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    Maybe you shouldn't delete your posts when you're wrong.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Maybe you shouldn't delete your posts when you're wrong.

TUSSIN

Atlus Parker on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I couldn't come to the PPD, but I just wanted to pop in and say that ET, Astayonix, and the catering/food company are all awesome for offering the partial refund. That's waaaaaaaay above the call of duty, and it's indicative of just how awesome the PAX community is, especially towards one another/itself.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Maybe you should lay off the tussin and stop responding to posts that don't exist.

I agree. I think Moe has gone crazy from tussin abuse.

I will not be asking for a refund. My burger was good, and that watermelon drink was strange, interesting, unfinishable and memorable.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • specspec Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FYI I thought what I ate was incredible and worth the wait in line. :P

spec on
    edited September 2009
    spec wrote: »
    FYI I thought what I ate was incredible and worth the wait in line. :P

I agree. I didn't get to try the burger but that's just part of hanging around visiting till the end of the line. The lasagna was awesome. I even liked the watermelon Jalapeno crazy drink. Hell it was worth the price of admission just to see everyone, hang out, and trade buttons.

sum10fishy on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yeah the food was great. the wait was the horrible thing. one line cooknig food on the spot for that many people was crazy.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    yeah the food was great. the wait was the horrible thing. one line cooknig food on the spot for that many people was crazy.

Actually, it wasn't. Skillet generally does this kind of service regularly in a short span of time. However, what's crazy is that they sent an inexperienced team to pull it off. They have many different crews, but I was really hoping Chef Josh (the head chef and owner) would have been there to lead the crew thru the dinner service. That's something I'll never understand about their service that night.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
This discussion has been closed.