As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd like to put my phalla on hold since there is no way in hell I would have time to run it in the near future. College blah blah.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Marvel Universe Phalla is done. Much love to those who played and/or reserved!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I will mentor the newbie phalla. All of the newbies.

Everyone send me your roles.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay, i'm almost done with roles for my mini, it has a lot of ideas that i'm testing and for all I know it will be imbalanced as all hell. Should I put that as a disclaimer so I don't upset anyone who signs up?

M.D. on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Man I'm almost done with my weirdo mini too, that's not gonna be pretty.

I plan on puttin' in disclaimers on what could possibly happen in my mini.

Obbi on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If there's a non-zero chance things go pearshaped and you can't control for that beforehand because it's an experimental mechanic or whathaveyou, a disclaimer might be warranted, yeah.

I mean, of course you REALLY try to iron that shit out beforehand with maths and game theory. Or even just, to quote someone else's oft-used phrase, "back of the envelope" calculations.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Phalla of the Dead may have a few more spots opening up. Post in Lime that you Sign up in the game thread. I haven't been able to reach a few for my reserves and may need a few more people.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    If there's a non-zero chance things go pearshaped and you can't control for that beforehand because it's an experimental mechanic or whathaveyou, a disclaimer might be warranted, yeah.

I mean, of course you REALLY try to iron that shit out beforehand with maths and game theory. Or even just, to quote someone else's oft-used phrase, "back of the envelope" calculations.

I try to iron out mine, and it ended up a cluster-fuck. A great cluster-fuck but nevertheless. I say run it as is. If we hate it, we grudge vote you forever more. We love it, we vig you every game play from there on. :P

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I try to iron out mine, and it ended up a cluster-fuck. A great cluster-fuck but nevertheless. I say run it as is. If we hate it, we grudge vote you forever more. We love it, we vig you every game play from there on. :P
    No. Don't do this. This is not good design practice. =/

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I disagree. Occasionally complete chaos in a phalla is fun. I mean why do you think people still play in Burnage's games?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

I disagree. Occasionally complete chaos in a phalla is fun. I mean why do you think people still play in Burnage's games?
    For the opportunity to be the next Vlad or next launcher of HOMING MISSILES, duh.

(Complete chaos several phalla in a row is not fun...)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    (Complete chaos several phalla in a row is not fun...)

This sounds like something a ROBOT might say.

But in all seriousness, at least ATTEMPT to balance a game before running it. If it's blatantly not balanced, don't run it. Some games are seriously not balanced, and it ends up with utter confusion and despondency in the mid-game, then someone figures out how to break it and it becomes fun for them and them only in the end game.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

For the opportunity to be the next Vlad or next launcher of HOMING MISSILES, duh.

I am completely serious when I say that my next mini is going to feature the most overpowered mechanic ever.
    Send me a PM to sign up in advance for Redemption!

Burnage on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That sounds like a challenge, Burnage.

Because I think despite Quoth's best efforts, Phallakinetic will still be... interesting. Speaking of which, I'll be readying up shortly. Honest.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Especially fun because Burnage's last game was almost entirely classic mafia disguised as complete chaos.

I'd be willing to reserve up for the newbie mini, as I've only played 3 games, though I feel comfortable playing with experienced players.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »

Because I think despite Quoth's best efforts, Phallakinetic will still be... interesting. Speaking of which, I'll be readying up shortly. Honest.

Burnage Edcrab and Gumpy cohost a phalla. This would either be the coolest thing ever. And 29 of 30 players would rage after.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Some one sent me a request to run a newbie phalla, PM me again please.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Some one sent me a request to run a newbie phalla, PM me again please.

It was probably Julius Caezure

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Burnage Edcrab and Gumpy cohost a phalla. This would either be the coolest thing ever. And 29 of 30 players would rage after.

Team Brit, assemble

I would be down with that

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Team GBE (Great Britain's Elite or Gumpy Burnage Edcrab, depending on who you talk to)

The problem is that the combined batshit insane backstory with mechanics only a mother could love would lead to unthinkable atrocities and then Thanatos would have no choice but to nuke the place from orbit

Although in all seriousness a collab phalla would actually be pretty swell.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Team GBE (Great Britain's Elite or Gumpy Burnage Edcrab, depending on who you talk to)

The problem is that the combined batshit insane backstory with mechanics only a mother could love would lead to unthinkable atrocities and then Thanatos would have no choice but to nuke the place from orbit

We need to get Daius in to Complete the England Foursome

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

I'd like to point out this was totally my idea. And demand a reserve slot.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

You have my axe.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got the go ahead to start the newbie mini. However, I am all consumed this weekend with holiday stuffs and my daughters' birthday party, so signups will go up sometime Tuesday afternoon.

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got the go ahead to start the newbie mini. However, I am all consumed this weekend with holiday stuffs and my daughters' birthday party, so signups will go up sometime Tuesday afternoon.

Well I'm pretty sure they are first come first serve anyway.

Barkley Gaiden signups will go on tonight, assuming I don't get anything back from Toxic.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That was my understanding as well, but I'm trying to play nicely with others.

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That was my understanding as well, but I'm trying to play nicely with others.

I asked toxic too, just to be sure.

There won't be too many overlaps between out phallas, but if you want I can put a disclaimer for newbies that you got a newbie specific one coming tomorrow.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'd appreciate that, thanks!

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Phallanx: A Newbie Phalla is online and accepting new recruits.

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It may be bad form, but !I sign up for another main.

HEAVY METAL

Take a one way ticket to midnight...

I have an idea. :D

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Make it brutal legend instead and I will love long time.

Hmm after watching the youtube clip i get the feeling that brutal legend might of been based off Heavy metal.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Toxic Toys, I'll add you to the sign-up list once your game is done.

In more pressing news, I think we need someone to stand up to run the next game before the end of the current main. I feel like I might need to send out mass PMs, and maybe that will do the trick...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think edcrab said he was done or almost done a few pages back.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I think edcrab said he was done or almost done a few pages back.

And I think Bliss said something to that effect as well in the last thread.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Google Docs ate my PMs. Other than that, I'm good to go! I could put a sign up thread up on Saturday, unless someone beats me to the pull... I'll PM Bandwagon and say I'm ready depending on how much I get done on Friday.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Writin' up a mini

Civilization is the theme

Up sometime next week?

Possibly

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ...I've just read through my Mini and it's turned hideous. The resurrected forum obviously doesn't get along with Word's punctuation D:

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Edcrab can I reserve a spot in your main if I pay up front in sexual favors?

Phallakinetic was awesome and I don't want to miss it by some freak accident.

I may pay a homeless person to stand by the phone and hit f5.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sure, people are welcome to PM me if they want reservations, and unlike Prelude I guarantee to honour them (sorry about that).

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
This discussion has been closed.