As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE TESTER!!!!1!!!

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    don't forget the noise that guinea pigs make

Charles Kinbote on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ahahahahahaha the prize is being a tester?

oh boy. oh man

The_Scarab on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is probably also an appropriate thread to note that just two hours ago a university sysop was asking me what "ess-see-ess-eye termination" is.

well... in their defense.... SCSI stopped being used 10 years ago... so....

no. fuck it. I can't defend that. kill them.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wait, is there dancing and/or modelling and/or cooking and/or teenage birthday parties and/or drunken hookups involved in this reality show?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited September 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    wait, is there dancing and/or modelling and/or cooking and/or teenage birthday parties and/or drunken hookups involved in this reality show?

no.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A reality show to win a job making 12 dollars an hour? OK.

Jasconius on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Stale wrote: »

no.

pass

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited September 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »

12 is pushing it

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »

The punchline to a "you know your economy is shit when" joke

Canada_jezus on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    10 and free bagels in the break room? Or are there no breaks?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited September 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    10 and free bagels in the break room? Or are there no breaks?

BACK TO YOUR TERMINAL GERBIL!!

BACK!!

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is probably also an appropriate thread to note that just two hours ago a university sysop was asking me what "ess-see-ess-eye termination" is.

The guy looks at least 45. And there are at least 8 SCSI scanners in the building. The two up here are only 4-5 years old. Someone ordered these and installed PCI SCSI cards into our computers. It wasn't I. I would've ordered the same exact models in USB for $1000 less. I suspect payoff shenanigans between the university buyer and the contract suppliers.

And they only sent a head guy over after I bitched, because the previous tech that came up tried to tell us that grinding gears was a driver issue.

Aneurhythmia on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yeah the prize is basically "it's a fucking job, what more do you want"

TheySlashThem on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Game tester is on my list of jobs that sound fun but i would probably come into work one day and shoot myself before year the end of year one. The note would be "Fuck you, Video games"

Melding on
    edited September 2009

no.

I'm pretty sure one of the contestants will find a way to alt-tab between the testing suite and the AOL Twilight chatroom. And even at $10 an hour, that guy can afford wine coolers. They won't even have to manufacture additional drama when the guy ends up in a love triangle with two chicks from the same chatroom that turn out to be a 15 year-old girl and her 300 lb mom.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited September 2009
    I dunno what an scsi termination code error sysop is

but I'm not paid to know what one is either so shruggles

Charles Kinbote on
    edited September 2009
    I dunno what an scsi termination code error sysop is

but I'm not paid to know what one is either so shruggles

Well, see, when a post is directed at you, it'll either quote your post or use a specific form of address.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited September 2009
    oh so every single post is directed at someone

makes me wonder why anyone bothered responding to your post, given that you had clearly directed it at no one

everyone should stop overstepping their bounds

Charles Kinbote on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Everyone is being rather dickish to each other today.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey who wants to talk to me? :D

Linksville on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    shank is always a dick

he is the dickest

TheySlashThem on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Linksville wrote: »

NO ONE WANTS TO FUCKING TALK TO YOU

YOU SUCK

YOU FUCKER

How are you today?

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited September 2009
    I try to respond to a conversation and get snapped at because a pretty open post wasn't "directed" at me

I'm such an asshole!

Charles Kinbote on
    edited September 2009
    I wasn't calling you an asshole, Shank. It just seems like everyone is on edge today.

Morgenstern on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

The guy looks at least 45. And there are at least 8 SCSI scanners in the building. The two up here are only 4-5 years old. Someone ordered these and installed PCI SCSI cards into our computers. It wasn't I. I would've ordered the same exact models in USB for $1000 less. I suspect payoff shenanigans between the university buyer and the contract suppliers.

And they only sent a head guy over after I bitched, because the previous tech that came up tried to tell us that grinding gears was a driver issue.

Man, our techs don't even service SCSI scanners anymore. Everything we sell is either firewire or USB2.0, or has a proprietary connection to a dedicated control PC that runs an embedded OS and is network attached.

Ruckus on
    edited September 2009
    WATCH YOUR MOUTH MORGAN

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SASSTALK

I'VE HALF A MIND TO SPANK YOUR BOTTOM

Charles Kinbote on
    edited September 2009

YOU SUCK

YOU FUCKER

How are you today?

Well, lets see. Teefs is out of contact while she heads up north so I am bummed about that. I have a blemish right under my eye. I haven't had one in a while so that sucks. It's almost time for me to make dinner to I am happy about that. Oh! I am selling my car, it's only been out for one day and I've already got some interest. I guess today is a good day. How are you, Morgenstern?

Linksville on
    edited September 2009
    THIS IS A POST DIRECTED AT SHANK

SHANK, YOU WILL GET SHANKED

FUCKER

Morgenstern on
    edited September 2009

YOU SUCK

YOU FUCKER

How are you today?

Well, lets see. Teefs is out of contact while she heads up north so I am bummed about that. I have a blemish right under my eye. I haven't had one in a while so that sucks. It's almost time for me to make dinner to I am happy about that. Oh! I am selling my car, it's only been out for one day and I've already got some interest. I guess today is a good day. How are you, Morgenstern?

I thought Teefs was already in Vancouver. Why are you selling your car?

I am working today which means I get overtime considering I had already worked 40 hrs this week by the time Thursday ended so that is good. I have a long weeked coming up which means I get to go fly fishing with my brother and dad tomorrow which is pretty much the most exciting thing I have going on lately. I don't know how that sounds, but I'm strangely content with that.

Morgenstern on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    THIS IS A POST DIRECTED AT SHANK

SHANK, YOU WILL GET SHANKED

FUCKER

If Shank is Shank, wouldn't he already be Shanked? Would Shanking him make him Un-Shank?
    BizzaroShank???

Ruckus on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    yeah the prize is basically "it's a fucking job, what more do you want"

f-...free games?

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I thought you at least got free swag as a tester.

"Guys, the new shirts are in. XXL only."

Morgenstern on
    edited September 2009
    oh so every single post is directed at someone

makes me wonder why anyone bothered responding to your post, given that you had clearly directed it at no one

everyone should stop overstepping their bounds

I assumed "this seems like the appropriate thread" was clear enough to suggest that people interested in the topic may find similar subject matter amusing. Your response illustrated that it didn't apply to you, but seemed to demonstrate no awareness of such. Messageboard threads are generally organized by topic, but I am allowing for the fact this is a less structured sub-forum with a general social atmosphere, such that aside from topic, persons may also be addressed directly. I may not know the appropriate amount of information on a topic, but someone may still address me directly on such a topic, at which time I could offer a response. Alternately, I may not know the appropriate amount of information on a topic, but could seek to understand or be better informed. Your post indicated that you neither knew nor had further interest in knowing. You punctuated this with a shrug. Thus, I have to assume you have some confusion over the matter of social address. Because if you do not know, do not care to know, and were not addressed, of what function is your reply to the conversation?

Aneurhythmia on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Working as a tester for Nintendo wasn't so bad, but it's really nothing to compete over. I imagine whoever wins will wonder why they embarrassed themselves for a badly paid job replaying the 10 minute introductions of mostly terrible games all day.

Aistan on
    edited September 2009

YOU SUCK

YOU FUCKER

How are you today?

I am working today which means I get overtime considering I had already worked 40 hrs this week by the time Thursday ended so that is good. I have a long weeked coming up which means I get to go fly fishing with my brother and dad tomorrow which is pretty much the most exciting thing I have going on lately. I don't know how that sounds, but I'm strangely content with that.

She should be in Vancouver by today or tomorrow. She'll be unpacking for about a day and she needs to buy some stuff when she gets there, so another day for that. I am selling my car because I don't really need it anymore.

Woo! Overtime! Also, a long weekend after overtime is nice, I hope you have a great time fly fishing with your brother and father. It's not really my thing, but from what I have heard it is a relaxing experience.

Linksville on
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I thought you at least got free swag as a tester.

"Guys, the new shirts are in. XXL only."

Testers Gone Wild: Too tight shirts! No tan lines on these studs! Can a man be any more voluptuous?!

Aneurhythmia on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    did you just fucking respond to my post?
    i'll cut you

Fuga on
    edited September 2009
    annie you're being totally ridiculous

If you're going to be all pedantic about it, I just thought it was funny that all you dudes are scoffing at a guy for not knowing what an scsi thingy is when I have no clue what it is, but on the other hand, unlike the guy, I am not in a position where I would be expected to know what that is.

you can go ahead and make every little thing into a big honkin' deal, I just don't see why you gotta jump down a guy's throat for addressing a post you made, especially given that I did not slight you in any way.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited September 2009

YOU SUCK

YOU FUCKER

How are you today?

She should be in Vancouver by today or tomorrow. She'll be unpacking for about a day and she needs to buy some stuff when she gets there, so another day for that. I am selling my car because I don't really need it anymore.

Woo! Overtime! Also, a long weekend after overtime is nice, I hope you have a great time fly fishing with your brother and father. It's not really my thing, but from what I have heard it is a relaxing experience.

She should have a good time shopping in Vancouver. It's a pretty eclectic place.

Yes, fly fishing is for me all about the actually rythmn of casting. Plus, MAN STUFF PUT HAIR ON CHEST, or something to that effect.

Morgenstern on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    I assumed "this seems like the appropriate thread" was clear enough to suggest that people interested in the topic may find similar subject matter amusing. Your response illustrated that it didn't apply to you, but seemed to demonstrate no awareness of such. Messageboard threads are generally organized by topic, but I am allowing for the fact this is a less structured sub-forum with a general social atmosphere, such that aside from topic, persons may also be addressed directly. I may not know the appropriate amount of information on a topic, but someone may still address me directly on such a topic, at which time I could offer a response. Alternately, I may not know the appropriate amount of information on a topic, but could seek to understand or be better informed. Your post indicated that you neither knew nor had further interest in knowing. You punctuated this with a shrug. Thus, I have to assume you have some confusion over the matter of social address. Because if you do not know, do not care to know, and were not addressed, of what function is your reply to the conversation?
    This is a great post right here. Especially that last part, which is what I want to say so often to some people on this forum. :P

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom