As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Additional chats cannot be launched.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No, there's thankfully no jousting going on in the raid.

reVerse on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Three bosses in VoA, zero plate drops tonight. Why you gotta make me hit you, baby?
    Took a freshly leveled 80 guildie to VoA 10 and 25 yesterday, lucky mother got 3 loots, two t9. And I have yet to get a single item from VoA. Argh.
    Gyah, must've been nice. I got one piece of T8 a few runs back, but it was an offset piece. Stupid bosses.

Halfmex on
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    if you don't want to switch faction badly enough to pay $30 you are not the target audience for this feature

$55 for a faction/server transfer. That's almost four months of subscription fees. In four months I can easily get a new character to 80, less if I make a DK.

I thought it would be more than $5, but I didn't think it would be more than a server transfer.

langfor6 on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, no one's forcing you to switch servers.

reVerse on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    langfor6 wrote: »
    if you don't want to switch faction badly enough to pay $30 you are not the target audience for this feature

$55 for a faction/server transfer. That's almost four months of subscription fees. In four months I can easily get a new character to 80, less if I make a DK.

I thought it would be more than $5, but I didn't think it would be more than a server transfer.

Again, that indicates that it's not for you.

For me, if I ever end up in a situation where I'd want to reroll Alliance on another server (not likely given I'm happy where I am and who I'm playing with), I'd take it in a heartbeat rather than deal with losing my Amani Warbear, Swift Zhevra, Twilight Drake, Rivendare Deathcharger, all the Whelpling pets, and all of the Argent Tournament Pets and Mounts I've accumulated. Not to mention all the titles I've earned and reps I've maxed.

Nobody on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    New guys in Ulduar.

"What does Kologarn do?"

Three people simultaneously yell "OBLIVIOOOOON!" on vent.

Echo on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lars wrote: »
    What are the difficulties in getting Kalimdor Loremaster as Alliance? I'm a little over 400/700 right now. I never did any of the Hydraxian Waterlord quests before Blizzard removed them, and I doubt I'd be able to get past the third or so quest in the Ahn'Qiraj gate chain.

I'm having a hard time figure out where I'm going to find another ~300 quests. I know I've barely touched Un'goro Crater and Desolace, and have pretty much all the Alliance quests you can get from Ratchet left, and several half-finished zones, but I don't think that's going to add up to 300. Especially when there are zones like Azshara, Thousand Needles, and Moonglade which barely have any (non-druid Alliance) quests at all.

Thousand Needles does have all those Shimmering Flats quests, and then there are a couple in Feralas. Tanaris has a good chunk of quests too.

And then there's Silithus. Lots in there!

There are a few quests you can do for Wailing Caverns that start above the cave entrance too. They're open to both factions.

I actually got all my alliance Kalimdor quests done first. Gotta work on Eastern Kingdoms when I come back.

SteevL on
  • Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Faction Change and Argent Tournament
    All achievements and quest lines relating to the Argent Tournament are reset when a characters uses the Faction Change service.

Anyone have any idea on why this is?

Basren Dragonsnack on
    PSN: Scotty85
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

What happens to all of your achievements when you switch factions? Sounds like it would be an issue.

Wavechaser on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »

What happens to all of your achievements when you switch factions? Sounds like it would be an issue.

Aside from the above noted Argent Tournament ones, you keep them, according to the FAQ in the last thread.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »

from the FAQ
    What will happen to the character's achievements when I change its faction?

Achievements which are not considered faction-specific will remain unchanged by this process. Faction-specific achievements will be exchanged for a cross-faction equivalent. You can view a full list of faction-specific achievements and their equivalents here. Please note that all achievements relating to the Argent Tournament will be reset.

Nobody on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So for the true achievement whores, it behooves you to switch factions in order to amass more achievements. Interesting.

Edit: Or not, looks like they just swap them for their opposite faction equivalent. That's pretty cool.

Wavechaser on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    All achievements and quest lines relating to the Argent Tournament are reset when a characters uses the Faction Change service.

Probably because it's a mess otherwise. What would they do with built up tokens if you've done 3/5 days of dailies for a specific faction?

captaink on
  • Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    captaink wrote: »

Probably because it's a mess otherwise. What would they do with built up tokens if you've done 3/5 days of dailies for a specific faction?

I guess I agree with that. I don't see a reason to completely reset it though. If you've finished up to Crusader title, there's no mess involved. Convert the one faction from Horde -> Alli and done....

Basren Dragonsnack on
    PSN: Scotty85
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Clearly it's not for me, given the fact that I balked at the price.

langfor6 on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    captaink wrote: »

I guess I agree with that. I don't see a reason to completely reset it though. If you've finished up to Crusader title, there's no mess involved. Convert the one faction from Horde -> Alli and done....

Yeah, at the Crusader point it would seem to be any easy switch. I sure wouldn't want to do that again.

captaink on
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PAX TIME BITCHES

Additional breakfasts cannot be launched.

mrsnackroad on
  • X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PAX TIME BITCHES

Man. I'm so bummed I'm not coming. I enjoyed the three days of talking about WoW and playing Rock Band. :(

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
    edited September 2009
    PAX TIME BITCHES

Man. I'm so bummed I'm not coming. I enjoyed the three days of talking about WoW and playing Rock Band. :(

Yeah, what the hell X? :(

mrsnackroad on
    edited September 2009
    Spent my vacation money going to LA instead, and I'm going to Boston PAX next year.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
    edited September 2009
    I've wanted to go since the first one, but travel and accomadation expenses usually keep me from actually doing it.

But damn do I ever want to.

Oh well, maybe next year.

Forar on
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    I've wanted to go since the first one, but travel and accomadation expenses usually keep me from actually doing it.

Stupid PAX being in the US. Bring it next time to Toronto please. We have tornadoes here too!

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
    edited September 2009

Stupid PAX being in the US. Bring it next time to Toronto please. We have tornadoes here too!

That sky was among the most fucked up things (of nature) I've seen in a while.

Stepped out of Transformers into heavy rainfall, and then as that cleared up my girlfriend and I were like "... what's wrong with the sky?"

That was some Silent Hill level shit.

Forar on
    edited September 2009
    I was one of the first people to play Wrath at last year's. The first thing I did was make a warlock and named it 'thisisalock'. An hour later, I was walking around random stations with people playing 'thisisarogue' and 'thisisamage'. I was amused. :P

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
    edited September 2009
    Last year the best thing about PAX was meeting up with people. This year, its being the prettiest princess of Seattle

mrsnackroad on
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

That sky was among the most fucked up things (of nature) I've seen in a while.

Stepped out of Transformers into heavy rainfall, and then as that cleared up my girlfriend and I were like "... what's wrong with the sky?"

That was some Silent Hill level shit.

A friend lives on the top floor of his condo, and he says he saw the lightning turn green. Yeah the sky was fucking cool looking. Power went out for me right in the middle of making dinner. That was fun.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Pics or crazy sky didn't happen!

JJ on
  • mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What are the difficulties in getting Kalimdor Loremaster as Alliance? I'm a little over 400/700 right now. I never did any of the Hydraxian Waterlord quests before Blizzard removed them, and I doubt I'd be able to get past the third or so quest in the Ahn'Qiraj gate chain.

I'm having a hard time figure out where I'm going to find another ~300 quests. I know I've barely touched Un'goro Crater and Desolace, and have pretty much all the Alliance quests you can get from Ratchet left, and several half-finished zones, but I don't think that's going to add up to 300. Especially when there are zones like Azshara, Thousand Needles, and Moonglade which barely have any (non-druid Alliance) quests at all.

I notice no mention of Dustwallow; that's pretty damn huge.
    Also, the Sprite Darter chain, if you've not done that.
    Hot Fiery Death is found in LBRS (!) but counts for one or two, I *think* two. You may have to be a BS though.
    Silithus is also not mentioned, and that should contain a lot - but given the way Silithus quests work, I can imagine them not counting.
    I assume you've done the NE and Draenei start zones fully?

mattclem on
    edited September 2009
    JJ wrote: »
    Pics or crazy sky didn't happen!

I took a few with my crappy phone camera, but they don't do it justice. I'll have to see what I can scrounge up.

Also, mistakes were made. By "Transformers", I meant to write "G.I. Joe".

Being distracted at work while trying to post can be... problematic.

Forar on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    mattclem wrote: »

Hot Fiery Death is found in LBRS (!) but counts for one or two, I *think* two. You may have to be a BS though.
    Silithus is also not mentioned, and that should contain a lot - but given the way Silithus quests work, I can imagine them not counting.

I skipped mentioning most of those because those are in the 400 quests I've already done. Though I'm not familiar with Hot Fiery Death (but also not a blacksmith). I'm pretty sure the draenei zones are entirely done, but I know there are a handful of NE quests left (ie. Buzz Boxes in Darkshore).
    For Silithus, I've done everything except the AQ raid quests (including the quests in Cenarion Hold where you turn in stuff to get gear, which may not count) and the various repeatable assignment quests (which, aside from combat ones, are entirely too complicated to mess with and I was told they don't count anyways).

Lars on
  • ElikabethElikabeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    mattclem wrote: »

I skipped mentioning most of those because those are in the 400 quests I've already done. Though I'm not familiar with Hot Fiery Death (but also not a blacksmith). I'm pretty sure the draenei zones are entirely done, but I know there are a handful of NE quests left (ie. Buzz Boxes in Darkshore).
    For Silithus, I've done everything except the AQ raid quests (including the quests in Cenarion Hold where you turn in stuff to get gear, which may not count) and the various repeatable assignment quests (which, aside from combat ones, are entirely too complicated to mess with and I was told they don't count anyways).

I did Kalimdor last and at first it seemed like there wouldn't be enough but in the end I didn't have to go to any extremes to get 700 quests. I just went through each zone one by one and used wowhead's "map alliance questgivers" feature (just go to a zone and select alliance questgivers from the dropdown above the map). Depending on when you leveled your character there have been quest hubs added in ashenvale (forest song), barrens (ratchet) and dustwallow marsh (mudsprocket) since vanilla. I also remember at least one chain that started in EPL or WPL and had quite a few followups in Winterspring that counted toward Kalimdor.

Elikabeth on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    mage paladin warrior

Fuga on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Not that I care about getting achievements, but I'm curious what's going to happen with the Loremaster stuff in Cataclysm. From the sounds of things, they're going to be overhauling the questing in almost every zone. Will there be more quests overall? Fewer? Will the numbers required for Loremaster be changed?

forty on
  • JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    what i dont get is how buggy ToC is. how hard is it to make one round room work properly.

Developer B-Team took over with 3.2, the real guys moved on to the new MMO project ;)

JediNight on
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    With what was said in that blue post, should we expect another Sunwell Radiance type effect in Icecrown Citadel? Or is poor Dhal going to be 2 shotted by a pair of 50k Frostmourne swipes.

JJ on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    forty wrote: »
    Not that I care about getting achievements, but I'm curious what's going to happen with the Loremaster stuff in Cataclysm. From the sounds of things, they're going to be overhauling the questing in almost every zone. Will there be more quests overall? Fewer? Will the numbers required for Loremaster be changed?

Hopefully they break down the zones like they do in Outlands/Northrend instead of having one big massive clump. That would make getting it considerably less frustrating.

As far as people who already have it I doubt it'll be taken away. Just don't be at like 690/700 when 4.0 hits.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    forty wrote: »

Hopefully they break down the zones like they do in Outlands/Northrend instead of having one big massive clump. That would make getting it considerably less frustrating.

As far as people who already have it I doubt it'll be taken away. Just don't be at like 690/700 when 4.0 hits.

I wonder if all the new sub-60 quests in Cataclysm will be doable by people who have already done all the quests on both continents. At first I thought it'd be silly if they couldn't do the new quests, but I could see Blizzard not wanting players to power through new content.

Chances are they'll be doable by everyone. I'm probably thinking about this too much.

SteevL on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah there's no reason they'd not allow higher level players to do them. I would imagine any quests(chains) that don't really change in the xpac won't be repeatable however.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    JJ wrote: »
    With what was said in that blue post, should we expect another Sunwell Radiance type effect in Icecrown Citadel? Or is poor Dhal going to be 2 shotted by a pair of 50k Frostmourne swipes.
    Good question. They've taken at least one swipe at avoidance across all classes at least once since WotLK hit, and at least one class specific avoidance nerf. I'd hope that and diminishing returns would be enough that they won't have to do some lame zonewide "here's less avoidance for ya" debuff.

Also, wasn't the problem in the end of TBC that tanks (or gimmick rogues tanking Gruul :O ) were approaching ridiculous levels of avoidance, like 75%+? I can't imagine WotLK tanks will be that high, but what are the best geared tanks at now? And what will the 245+ gear put them at? I assume they still won't be able to gem/enchant for avoidance anymore though and will have to continue to stack stamina with bosses still doing crazy two shot bullshit like Gormok.

Here's hoping Cataclysm has them designing less gibby bosses, perhaps aided by the stat overhaul and new combat rating adjustments.

forty on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    New guys in Ulduar.

"What does Kologarn do?"

Three people simultaneously yell "OBLIVIOOOOON!" on vent.

:lol:

riz on
This discussion has been closed.