As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• joel158joel158 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm in. I sent an email through the site.

joel158 on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    joel158 wrote: »
    I'm in. I sent an email through the site.

Awesome, you should have received an email with contact details. I'm going to be in the Sheraton Lobby for a while adding some hotness/zazz to the site. If anyone would like to come by and pick up a kit, you're more than welcome.

MarsChelios on
  • Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kit = Got
    Death Shwag = Forgoten In Canada

Mad Rush tomorrow to replace it

Sir_Lag on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I killed and was killed all within an hour of everything opening. Figures. Good fun none the less.

sum10fishy on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Secondary kills dont register...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i died. then my killtag was my killer's friend. I made her kill him :3

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited September 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Secondary kills dont register...

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. It'll get fixed. Save them.

sum10fishy on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ...the ironic part is Trotsky was my first target...for the second year in a row...

Rayman on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I killed and then got killed but forgot to give my death schwag. :(

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got a lovely grey Yoshi plushie from j0zzle when I stumbled into and killed her. At least I think it was j0zzle.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    handed over my pax 08 death adder mouse to qs23 today, who killed me upon walking into byoc. yet another year with NO KILLS! at least it was someone whom i don't mind handing my loot over to.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BYOC and freeplay areas were off limits.

Limond on
    One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shit, I forgot. I was in a hurry. I should have waited for him to walk out later.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was able to sneakily kill young Miss Sumi today. :D

Also, I'm having an issue registering kills. I've put in the codes & the death cards of 3 kills, but my score only shows one.

I've also inputted 5 or 6 intel gathering codes, but that only shows as one as well.

Am I doing something wrong? I got the green "your kill has been registered" message. :)

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If you guys want, I can wander down to the line room and kill him legit this time...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited September 2009
    PunkJr wrote: »

Also, I'm having an issue registering kills. I've put in the codes & the death cards of 3 kills, but my score only shows one.

I've also inputted 5 or 6 intel gathering codes, but that only shows as one as well.

Am I doing something wrong? I got the green "your kill has been registered" message. :)

Ditto for the intel codes. Put in 3 and got success messages, but my score only shows 1.

Arco on
  • HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Last year: "Hey, the game just started. Can I see your badge? *die*"

This year: "Hey, you're the first Assassins player I've seen the whole time I've been here, and it's halfway through day 2! *die*"

Maybe next year I'll at least kill someone. Oh well, still fun. :D

HikariStarshine on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am not sure you will have to confirm this with philip. However from what i can tell there is only 49 badges registered so what i am gathering is if someone didnt register on the tracking board with there kit yet or ever for that matter the system doesnt know how to identify the kill or intel. Now i could be totally wrong as i havent seen the code behind his db. Know on the other hand if the ids have all been put in a db prior and regardless if they registered the id or not it should see the code and if this is the case then there is a bug in the system. Once again this will have to be officially awnsered by philip to know wich is accurate.

Singollo on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you have to register your kit? :?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Register....what? x.x I didn't realize that was supposed to happen...

Oops.

HikariStarshine on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To answer Singollos question the Leaderboard shows how many people have registered, but the dB is aware of all the badges, registering just links a badge with a user account.

I'll look into the Intel entry problem today and post here when fixed. Keep your codes! They will work once this issue is resolved.

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    thanks mars im a web admin myself simply was pointing out the fact but thanks for clarifying.

Singollo on
  • Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The game was epic, and 5 min after my first kill, I died......

Sir_Lag on
    edited September 2009
    Confirmed that the intel codes are registering properly now. Still alive and in third place!

Arco on
  • OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    The game was epic, and 5 min after my first kill, I died......

Better than if I'd killed in the queue room the first day. :P

Oroso on
  • FeatherBladeFeatherBlade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Where was everyone that they encountered other players?

I hardly saw anyone until I randomly encountered my own killer on the third day...;_;

FeatherBlade on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If there's a prize for "stupidest death," I think I won it.

Through stupid coincidence, I had a real hard time finding other people with Assasins badges. So when I met up with Arco Sunday afternoon to pick up my Post-Pax Party and Dinner wristband, and saw he had a badge, I cheerily asked if I could see the code so I could get an intel point (I already saw his shape didn't match me).

He hadn't noticed I was wearing one, but as soon as I said that, he looked over and informed me that I was his target.

Like a lamb led to the slaughter.

Srol on
  • j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    I got a lovely grey Yoshi plushie from j0zzle when I stumbled into and killed her. At least I think it was j0zzle.

I laugh every time someone calls me jozzle, Ty was the first and it's just expanded from there.

~ Jozie :lol:

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PunkJr wrote: »

I didn't have time to register my badge before going to pax. I'm doing it now though... maybe it will help?

Also, I didn't have any booty there but I'm planning on making something still for my very clever assassin.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So no kills for me. I found my target at the Behemoth booth on Saturday but had forgotten my badge in the hotel that morning. I wasn't able to find her or any other valid targets again the rest of the time I was there. Oh well, maybe next year. :)

ravemonger on
  • BlackvigilBlackvigil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had fun stalking around, and looking for my prey. Sadly, I got killed while inside a booth, discussing a game with and exhibitor. I am not sure I will play again, because getting interrupted mid-conversation pretty much ended any chance at further discussion. It's also worth mentioning that the majority of people I saw, were not wearing their badges on their right arm. Some were on the left, some on the Pax badge, and one on a belt loop. So as to not end on a bad note; this game was very well organized. Cheers to MarsChelios!

Blackvigil on
    edited September 2009
    Who was the guy with the badge with two blue horizontal S looking shapes?

Sumi on
  • Matt_SFCMatt_SFC Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    On Friday I was l4m players for a game of dominion. We found two people that wanted to play. A guy that wanted to teach his girlfriend how to play. Then his girlfriend killed me. On the bright side we ended up playing many games together through and finding out they're semi local. Mine enemy has become mine friend.

Matt_SFC on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
  • kermitk50kermitk50 Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Just wondering, is there a prize for winning? My Girlfriend is in first right now...

kermitk50 on
  • d3cib3ld3cib3l Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    2 horizontal blue S's? Thats what mine looks like. I was killed in the line buying a Pax T-Shirt. :(

d3cib3l on
    edited September 2009
    Looks like so far unless most of us didn't record anything never saw anything. I personally only saw about 2 but never got the letters right for intel. Props to the gal who got mine for intel. Pretty sneaky standing with notepad around blind corner so when i rounded it you could easily read it. On the bright side i never got killed.

Singollo on
    edited September 2009
    d3cib3l wrote: »
    Sumi wrote: »
    2 horizontal blue S's? Thats what mine looks like. I was killed in the line buying a Pax T-Shirt. :(

I'm pretty sure you were sitting in front of me during the keynote. You were with a girl and you both seemed kinda dressed up though I don't know as what. You were my primary target and when it was over I was waiting for you to leave but it never happened because you stayed to the PA Q@A too and I had somewhere to be. You were inches away from death without knowing (or so I assume). I saw you again at one of the concerts but you weren't wearing a badge so I assumed you were killed. It this correct?

If not then "you" must be "someone else". Seriously, frustrating.

Yet I still had a lot of fun.

Sumi on
    edited September 2009
    kermitk50 wrote: »
    Just wondering, is there a prize for winning? My Girlfriend is in first right now...

Fun, Pride and Bragging rights are the true prize.

Sumi on
    edited September 2009
    The intel is supposed to be sneaky. You're not supposed to ask for intel.

I had a great time this year. My death was good even though early. I saw a guy and we were checking out the badges as we passed. I was not his target and he not mine but the look in his eye told me something. I looked back and he was talking to another assassin. I knew what was up. I could have escaped but it would have required some knocking over of carts and some serious free running through the expo hall. I didn't wanna get banned from PAX on the first day and speed walking just wasn't enough.

Still fun. I got like 20 intel though. Fun.

sum10fishy on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think there's some sort of conspiracy going on...I got killed by LTACosta's dad...again. lol

Although I did make a kill first this year, so that's cool.

tr0tsky on
This discussion has been closed.