As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Official Thread)

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I'm prettysure I was still drunk when I woke up. So that means it was a good night.

This was me this morning.

When you still have a buzz going after waking, taking a shower, and draining a bunch of water and coffee, it was a good night.

Atlas, any word on how Slytherin did?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    lazerbeard wrote: »
    I hope everyone got back safely, I had a fun ass time. Thanks guys!
    you're alive! where'd you disappear to last night? we waited for you for like 20min. hope you had a place/home to sleep in

Heh, well, funny story.... I went to make sure the rest of the group got to their hotel, and then realized that I wasn't sure where you guys were actually at. I got turned around somewhere, gave up and tried to find the nearest bus stop which could get me back to Redmond. I did so, and ended up back at my apartment. *shrug* it was my own stupidity which got me there, so I'm not complaining. The copious amounts of alcohol I drank during the crawl did finally catch up to me pretty good while waiting for the bus, that was kinda fun too. Working the DP booth today... not as fun.

It's definitely fun to see dudes from the crawl around PAX, hope to catch some of you tomorrow.

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Atlas... we need direction. Who officially won?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    CgkyleCgkyle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    WOW I had to drag a Drunken wizard home last night to our hotel. He had no idea where he was. In my drunken stupor. Atleast I had some help from another one of my friends and then some random lady outside of the homewood suites. but that had to be the worst of it. The crawl was amazing had tons off fun. my friends and I missed half of Pax friday sadly due to being hung over. I still loved the sound of the different houses chanting there names as we met up.

GRYFFINDOR!!

Thanks Agian Atlus it was fun.

Cgkyle on
  • Options
    CgkyleCgkyle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    Atlas... we need direction. Who officially won?

Also yes who officially did win.

Cgkyle on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wont know the winner until Atlus receives all the monies! So if you see Sumi from Ravenclaw or the HUfflepuff person with donations, have them contact Atlus!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hufflepuff yelled

"hUfflePUFF"

Almost constantly I believe. It didn't matter about the proximity of other houses or really any cause.

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    psst. hufflepuff

psst. hufflepuff

psst. hufflepuff

psst. hufflepuff

psst. hufflepuff

psst. hufflepuff

psst. hufflepuff

psst. hufflepuff

psst.
    hufflepuff

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LHubbellLHubbell Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Damn this was a blast! Even more fun than I'd expected.

LHubbell on
  • Options
    Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PS: Gryffindor raised a shot ton of money thanks to the actions of one brave Accalon who was like the Neville Longbottom of our group.

I have a pic of that! It's dark and I will fix later, but that was truly epic and very Gryffindorian:

http://www.twitpic.com/geiby

Thanks to all who organized, cheers to everyone I met at the pub crawl (I'm the late arrival who wore the tiger-print cowboy hat and probably lost House points for yakking at the 2nd bar), especially the truly brave Gryffindor who took down half of a Wild Turkey 101 shot for me when I was challenged by a Ravenclaw. Being broke and jet-lagged doesn't make for fun pub-crawling, but I promise to make a better showing next year at PAX East.

Trisha Lynn on
    -- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alright, I'm not going to come right out and say which house won the House Cup. The head of house already knows that they won. I will tell you all that I will be getting in line on sunday and presenting the trophy and cash to Gabe and Tycho and that the total amount raised was $1300.

A big, BIG thank you to everyone who came out, donated, and had a shit ton of fun with us.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    $1300! Awesome. And now we have a number to beat next year!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    JolietJakeJolietJake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey everybody, Jake from Ravenclaw here (The really drunk guy who bought the banner :-D ) I was gonna see if anybody was interested in going out drinking again tonight. I was figuring The Chapel Bar. 1600 Melrose Ave, Seattle, WA 98122. About 7:30? I thought I'd keep it early enough that people could still hit the concerts if they wanted to. I wanna see JoCo myself, but since he's not 'til the end, I thought I'd just show up late. Anyways, if you want, you can get ahold of me at spencer (dot) jacob (at) gmail.com, jspen12 on twitter, or 479-877-9646 for that old fashioned phone thing (probably text or voicemail. I don't really hear my ringer here.)

Go Ravenclaw! (Also, $1300? Awesome!)

JolietJake on
  • Options
    GargGarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey hey. Chiming in to say that I'll be there tonight. I was that hairy Ravenclaw guy Garth AKA Hagrid AKA Jesus AKA Hagrid Jesus (my new favorite nickname). Hope to see several of you there. That first round was a great way to start off the weekend.

Garg on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Garg wrote: »
    Hey hey. Chiming in to say that I'll be there tonight. I was that hairy Ravenclaw guy Garth AKA Hagrid AKA Jesus AKA Hagrid Jesus (my new favorite nickname). Hope to see several of you there. That first round was a great way to start off the weekend.

Two mad drinking nights in a row? meh...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    JolietJakeJolietJake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In a row? Totally an ENTIRE night in between!

JolietJake on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Magellan here. Had a blast sheparding around Ravenclaw through Capitol Hill while holding that standard the whole time (except for one that Huffleasshole tried to steal it because I wasn't paying attention). Did feel slightly bad (mind you, just slightly) for challenging a Hufflepuff with a vodka/Jager when he ordered me the Polyjuice Potion Barca had for us, which was really just a Buttery Nipple.

I'm sure I could've possibly had a little more fun, since I remember exactly what I drank and about how much I spent that night, so I probably wasn't doing it quite right. At least I got a full scorecard. See you folks next year.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Final results for the Triwizard Drinking Tournament: Child's Play Extravaganza will be revealed today and the PA Q&A 2 today Sunday, September 6th at 12:30.

Attached is a taste of what's to come, questionably safe for work.

This picture maybe for sale, please direct any inquires to Atlus Parker.

Norm99 on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am really sorry for being late! I'm glad we got everything worked out eventually.

I had an awesome time everyone, thanks so much.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    No thank you Sumi!
    You were a really good head girl... feel lucky to be in Ravenclaw!

See you all again next year for more drinking shinanigans!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PunkJr, it was RIGHT not left. But I got home safe and got to walk off some of that blasted Jager. Hope you and the rest of the Ravenclaws partied like it was 1999

Lokiale on
    East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Traveling and the mere observation of the Tri-Wizard was G-RATE!

Granted, got lost a bit right after The Gryffindor Challenge; but still fun!

Speaking of Gryffindor...

I am sad to inform you all--for those who have not yet read my twitter earlier this morning--that the Bad Dance-Off didn't go as well as planned.

Too many loud drunks (what else can you expect from a Bar Crawl?) and folks not realising that this was planned AND not loud enough speakers kind of ruined it. BUT!! Jules_Party and I did get in twoish songs each!

So. On Saturday, right before Round Three of the Omegathon started, Jules_Party and I did a handshake and called it a mutual draw. (Lokiale was there to witness it!)

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a great time on this. It was more than worth the hangover I had on Friday morning :). I will definitely be doing this again next year and I will definitely be in for the PAX East version.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wasn't able to attend the 2nd q&a panel; what were the house tallies?

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Norm99 wrote: »
    Final results for the Triwizard Drinking Tournament: Child's Play Extravaganza will be revealed today and the PA Q&A 2 today Sunday, September 6th at 12:30.

Attached is a taste of what's to come, questionably safe for work.

This picture maybe for sale, please direct any inquires to Atlus Parker.

My wife thinks this picture is awesome. :winky:

It was great to meet you Atlus! You are a fine gentleman!

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    $1300 total
    ~$500 from Hufflepuff
    ~$350 from Ravenclaw
    Other two houses weren't mentioned

whypick1 on
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, sorry about the terrible Q&A announcement thing. It was last second that Atlus couldn't make it so I was pretty unprepared for it and my brain was pretty fried after the CCP party and the resulting hour of sleep. I didn't even realize that he posted that the results were going to be announced. The final tallys were something like:

Hufflepuff: $491
    Ravenclaw: $330 + $50 CAD
    Gryffindor: $351
    Slytherin: $110

Or at least something along those lines. Maybe Atlus remembers exactly. Pics from the crawl are at http://www.scrotang.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=44 plus other randomness.

ArcticXC on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Add a $1 tp Slytherin and Ravenclaw and that's what I counted. The only total there that I'm not completely sure on is Ravenclaw because I believe I was told they had raised $350.

Many apologies to everyone for not doing the announcement myself but a bad announcement is better than what I would have been able to have done with how worn out my voice was from just that first night. I spoke with Isha prior to the panel and let her know that her house had won and if it was alright for me to donate the cup to Gabe & Tycho along with the cash. Showing the compassion that Hufflepuff is known for she agreed and the trophy was given to Gabe & Tycho filled with everyone's donations.

First of all,

Congratulations HUFFLEPUFF on winning the house cup! You guys kicked so much ass and really brought in those donations!

Remember that every dollar donated went right to Child's Play so all together we raised over $1300 in the name of our drunken wizard shenanigans!

I'd like to take some time right now and thanks all the Heads of Houses, all the Headboys, and all the Headgirls who took up the reins and led their house through the night. I could not of done any of this without you. Double props goes to KaitouAyashi/Tajah who in addition to her normal Headgirl duties went to every bar and got them on board which is why they were not only a lot more accommodating this year but why Cafe Met was showing Order of the Phoenix on the projection screen. Last but not least a BIG thanks to all the witches and wizards who came out and made it a night to remember.

There will be a Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament next year and believe it or not I already have about half of the details hashed out already in addition to what's going to be happening for the Boston bar crawl. All that's missing is some feedback from you. If any of you could take some time and give some quick answers to any of the following questions I'd be grateful and you will be helping shape future bar crawls.

1. Would like to see rewards return for successful completion of scorecards? If so how what would you be looking for? (Current idea is a small subset of buttons for successful completion)
    2. How should the donation system be handled? Like it was this year where everyone just threw a buck in then earned more money from extracurricular House activities or would you rather see it somehow tied into the challenges? If you choose the latter you do not get off easy. How would you implement donations tied to challenges?
    3. If I can finagle it, would you like to have groups face off against each other if it meant some groups would have to double back?
    4. What is your preferred ratio of bars to challenges?
    5. Other miscellaneous thoughts/ideas/feedback?
    The following questions are only if you plan on attending the PAX East Bar Crawl:
    6. Pokémon!
    7. I'm planning to have 10 drinking challenges in 8 bars. Too many challenges? Porbably too many bars?

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ArcticXC wrote: »
    Ravenclaw: $330 + $50 CAD

LOL! I guess that's what happens when most of us Canadians decide to stick together and join the same house...

Congrats Hufflepuff! Also you guys were the hardest drink challengers. This was the challenge that did me in... did double shots with my opponent.

Great times! Looking forward to this next year as well!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Add a $1 tp Slytherin and Ravenclaw and that's what I counted. The only total there that I'm not completely sure on is Ravenclaw because I believe I was told they had raised $350.

Many apologies to everyone for not doing the announcement myself but a bad announcement is better than what I would have been able to have done with how worn out my voice was from just that first night. I spoke with Isha prior to the panel and let her know that her house had won and if it was alright for me to donate the cup to Gabe & Tycho along with the cash. Showing the compassion that Hufflepuff is known for she agreed and the trophy was given to Gabe & Tycho filled with everyone's donations.

First of all,

Congratulations HUFFLEPUFF on winning the house cup! You guys kicked so much ass and really brought in those donations!

Remember that every dollar donated went right to Child's Play so all together we raised over $1300 in the name of our drunken wizard shenanigans!

I'd like to take some time right now and thanks all the Heads of Houses, all the Headboys, and all the Headgirls who took up the reins and led their house through the night. I could not of done any of this without you. Double props goes to KaitouAyashi/Tajah who in addition to her normal Headgirl duties went to every bar and got them on board which is why they were not only a lot more accommodating this year but why Cafe Met was showing Order of the Phoenix on the projection screen. Last but not least a BIG thanks to all the witches and wizards who came out and made it a night to remember.

There will be a Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament next year and believe it or not I already have about half of the details hashed out already in addition to what's going to be happening for the Boston bar crawl. All that's missing is some feedback from you. If any of you could take some time and give some quick answers to any of the following questions I'd be grateful and you will be helping shape future bar crawls.

1. Would like to see rewards return for successful completion of scorecards? If so how what would you be looking for? (Current idea is a small subset of buttons for successful completion)
    2. How should the donation system be handled? Like it was this year where everyone just threw a buck in then earned more money from extracurricular House activities or would you rather see it somehow tied into the challenges? If you choose the latter you do not get off easy. How would you implement donations tied to challenges?
    3. If I can finagle it, would you like to have groups face off against each other if it meant some groups would have to double back?
    The following questions are only if you plan on attending the PAX East Bar Crawl:
    6. Pokémon!
    7. I'm planning to have 10 drinking challenges in 8 bars. Too many challenges? Porbably too many bars?

TOO MANY BARS!!!

Barely had time to converse and hang out and make friends this year. It was get in, do you challenge/pound back a drink, and move.

Not everyone can drink like you Atlus

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    TOO MANY BARS!!!

Barely had time to converse and hang out and make friends this year. It was get in, do you challenge/pound back a drink, and move.

I concur. If there's 4 groups again, then something like 5 bars sounds ideal to me. 3 (of the bigger) bars where you meet with one of the other groups and 2 where it's just your group.

Also, you would have had more time to socialize Jonny if you weren't doubling up on the drinks! :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    skarsol wrote: »
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    TOO MANY BARS!!!

I concur. If there's 4 groups again, then something like 5 bars sounds ideal to me. 3 (of the bigger) bars where you meet with one of the other groups and 2 where it's just your group.

Also, you would have had more time to socialize Jonny if you weren't doubling up on the drinks! :P~

Don't knock those of us who were attempting their masters degree in wizardry.

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    1. Buttons I' sure would always be welcome but I felt happy enough with a pony sticker in exchange for the health of my liver.
    2. The donations seemed a bit messy, it took me a little while to find my head girl at first. Maybe have a call out for donations after everyone groups up to go to the next bar?
    3. It was nice to meet a lot of people but at the same time I think ultimately missing a group or two wasn't a huge heartbreaker. A lot of fun people to keep track of already.
    4. 1:1
    5. Nah, it was all awesome really. Encourage dressing up a bit more next year, it's more fun that way.

Whoo back to taking cold meds! peace

Lokiale on
    East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    First of all,

I'm both happy and bemused to report that my good friend Ky13 drunkenly dropped $60 into the Hufflepuff bag. Speaking to him over the rest of the weekend, it turned out that he had ZERO memory of doing that and spent the better part of the day on Friday looking for Isha so that he could put some money in. Apparently he thought he had completely neglected to contribute completely, when he was probably one of the single largest donors.

This is our little group of Huffles (Ky13 is the one on the left)
    photo.php?pid=39322817&id=6408742

Of the three of us, we had one still drunk in the morning, one really REALLY bad hangover, and one not-feeling-very-good hangover. Tons of fun, but we lost a good portion of PAX Friday.

6. Pokémon!

1. Rewards for completing all challenges would be AWESOME! Although we totally skipped our second-to-last challenge because the bouncer was being a dickhead and wouldn't let out Head Boy into the bar. We thanked him by taking our business elsewhere.

2. Donations should remain voluntary. While I and my friends have enough disposable income to not care, there are a lot of people who are watching every dollar.

3. YES!!! I was extremely disapointed that I wasn't able to meet up with the Gryfindor peeps, and had a fantastic time rubbing elbows with Ravenclaw and Slytherin. In fact the two bars where we had the groups meet up (three locations for us, since we ran afoul of Slytherin again at the end of the night by skipping our sixth bar) were the most fun places of the evening.

4. One bar, one challenge. Duels notwithstanding, since everyone seemed to be pretty cool with not gang-banging.

5. Three suggestions:

A. Challenges should never EVER call out a specific type of liquor. The very first challenge for Hufflepuff was a single shot of 151. The bar ran out before 3/4s of us could get it! And (I'm told) that groups which came there later were frustrated since they couldn't get duel/drinks with 151 -- because we Huffles had consumed every drop of the stuff! Later challenges involving general classifications ("Any drink with fruit of vegetable juice") were much better since they allowed us to pick our favorite poison. Also, I would ask that you avoid any "beer" related challenges. The people I met up with later almost all commented that the beer challenge was when the night started to go badly for them -- although that may have been simply a timing thing since it was the fourth bar...

B. The"duel" challenges should allow for more time to meet and mingle. We only had one hour with each one and both times there was some sort of timing thing that made everyone start late. By the time we got organized picking duelists, it was like drink and run....

C. Avoid kareoke bars. Luckily, we skipped that one (due to the aforementioned dickhead) but it was painful to even stand outside of that one.

We're going to do our best to make it to PAX east, so I'm going to comment on the last three too.

6. WTF?

7. Too many! One hour in each bar seemed short. If you're doing eight bars, you'd better start the crawl at 6PM.

8. I agree completely!!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    1. Would like to see rewards return for successful completion of scorecards? If so how what would you be looking for? (Current idea is a small subset of buttons for successful completion) That'd be nice, especially since my scorecard wound up going through the washing machine yesterday.
    2. How should the donation system be handled? Like it was this year where everyone just threw a buck in then earned more money from extracurricular House activities or would you rather see it somehow tied into the challenges? If you choose the latter you do not get off easy. How would you implement donations tied to challenges? Voluntary is fine, although better organized would be nice (between Bar 1 + 2, Ravenclaw stopped and we hit up everyone on the roster who hadn't chipped in.
    3. If I can finagle it, would you like to have groups face off against each other if it meant some groups would have to double back? Double back route wise or hitting a bar more than once? Don't care about the route all that much.
    4. What is your preferred ratio of bars to challenges? 1:1 definitely, although the two challenges we had at Clever Dunne's were fine since we skipped The Crescent and stayed longer.
    5. Other miscellaneous thoughts/ideas/feedback? Stupid's three suggestions are actually quite smart :P. Specific drinks kills bar stock quickly, karaoke bars make it hard to hold conversations, and it's hard to mingle when you can only spend about 20 minutes at a place.

On top of that, I'd see about reserving areas in bars. For example, at Linda's it would've been nice if the whole outside patio was just us and we all knew about it, instead of a bunch of us wondering how the hell all those wizards disappeared (besides invisibility spells of course).

whypick1 on
  • Options
    SlizaroSlizaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks to everyone, particularly my Ravenclaw brethren, I had an awesome time.

I believe I stated it before and I'll state it again, who ever brought the Ravenclaw banner is a genius, and much thanks to the guy who carried it all night.

I had an amazing time and I look forward to seeing some of you the next time I'm at PAX, whichever coast that happens to be on.

- A button or other small wearable 'thing' would work well, something you can show off for the rest of PAX

- While the mechanics could be improved, it was a bit awkward find the person/time/place for placeing the donation I think the current idea is good, a small base donation then more can be made from auctions/raffles and the like.

- Doubleing back as in going back to a Bar they'd already been at... I enjoyed getting to see different places, It would be better if perhaps you did a house challenge at a bar then waited a bit for the other house do come, duel, then move on. Almost the some as doubling back, but not quite. A bit more order on the house duels would be nice too, I failed to find a challenger for either duel.

- 3/5 4/6? I liked it when we stayed put for a while, particularly later in the evening.

- House banners/standards. following the Ravenclaw banner was nice (particularly after a few drinks), made organization easier, and was a nice donation getter when it was auctioned off. One for each house would be nice particularity if they can incorporate the entire spirit (PAX, Potter, and Child's Play) of the event. Was the one we had a oneoff or was it bought somewhere?

Slizaro on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Slizaro wrote: »
    - House banners/standards. following the Ravenclaw banner was nice (particularly after a few drinks), made organization easier, and was a nice donation getter when it was auctioned off. One for each house would be nice particularity if they can incorporate the entire spirit (PAX, Potter, and Child's Play) of the event. Was the one we had a oneoff or was it bought somewhere?

This.

I thought the Ravenclaw banner was such a good idea that we'd already had decided to make a Hufflepuff one for next year.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    RAVENCLAW IS AWESOME.

Lokiale, you probably couldn't find me because I was late. I promise not to do it again next year.

Here We go.

1. Would like to see rewards return for successful completion of scorecards? If so how what would you be looking for?:
    Yes. Atlus, I have something in mind if you are interested. It would take volunteers. PM me if you want to know, if you don't like it, I'll still do it for the house I'm in next year because I am a supercool person.

2. How should the donation system be handled? Like it was this year where everyone just threw a buck in then earned more money from extracurricular House activities or would you rather see it somehow tied into the challenges? If you choose the latter you do not get off easy. How would you implement donations tied to challenges?:
    This year was fine. Being required to donate more than a couple bucks takes the fun out of it.

3. If I can finagle it, would you like to have groups face off against each other if it meant some groups would have to double back?:
    LESS WALKING, MORE DRINKING.

4. What is your preferred ratio of bars to challenges?:
    1 bar, two challenges. More time at bar.

5. Other miscellaneous thoughts/ideas/feedback?:
    If you want to do something a little different, you could rent a banquet hall with a cash bar and people could play drinking games like drinking jenga and such. It would give us far more time for chatting, less walking, and all of the houses could be together. More money down = less money for childsplay though, and people would have to pay for entry. Anyways I guess it's just a different sort of idea.

6. Pokémon!:
    HECK YES.

7. I'm planning to have 10 drinking challenges in 8 bars. Too many challenges? Probably too many bars?:
    From this experience, too many bars.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As Head-Boy for Ravenclaw, I just want to say that I had a BLAST. My house was awesome, you guys kicked ass! I'm SO excited for next year, I can't even tell you. :D

Some sort of reward would be great. I had two members of my house hand me completed cards that I didn't know what to do with. (I gave them to Sumi). What if instead of putting all of the weight on one person's shoulders, have the Heads of each House come up with their gifts? I'd be happy to work with Sherpa & Sumi again. I'd even be willing to handle the purchase of our house buttons as well.

I liked this year's model. Donate when we start at whatever level your comfortable with, then leave each house to come up with awesome ideas of their own to raise money. Our auction items went over quite well & I'm happy with the total dollar amount we all raised for a night of drinking.

I agree with Sumi. Less walking, more drinking. Doubling back frustrates people. I know when we had to go from Clever Dunne's to the Garage, then BACK to Chapel, we had some grumbling.

If we're going to have houses face off again, let's plan on them meeting at larger bars...

I think that 1:1 works out pretty well, but I did enjoy our 2 challenge stop at Clever Dunne's. (we opted to do the Crescent challenge at Clever Dunne's since the Crescent was hosting karaoke & would have been overwhelmed with our 60 person mob).

I like the idea of 1 duel challenge per bar with two houses, and 2 challenges per bar with a solo house. (or hell, even vice versa, since it would give us more time to chum around with members from other houses)

I love the idea of each house having their own banner to follow. It made things amazingly easy for us in Ravenclaw, having a dedicated guide who knew where we were going, and a standard bearer to lead the way.

6. Pokémon! - Yes.

7. I'm planning to have 10 drinking challenges in 8 bars. Too many challenges? Probably too many bars? - I'm going to echo Sumi. If our experience told me anything, it's too many bars. I'd stick with a smaller # of bars with more time in each. Especially if you have lots of people, since the lines get REALLY long.

8. - eight, eight, I forget what 8 was for!!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    1. Would like to see rewards return for successful completion of scorecards? If so how what would you be looking for? (Current idea is a small subset of buttons for successful completion) I very much like this idea. Although by the time I was done just having a completed score card was almost a prize enough for me.

2. How should the donation system be handled? Like it was this year where everyone just threw a buck in then earned more money from extracurricular House activities or would you rather see it somehow tied into the challenges? If you choose the latter you do not get off easy. How would you implement donations tied to challenges? I think this year worked well enough. It was a bit hectic at first, but by the time we got to the second bar our house heads had everything under control.

3. If I can finagle it, would you like to have groups face off against each other if it meant some groups would have to double back? I'd prefer not to double back. Part of the fun of the bar crawl is going to new places.

4. What is your preferred ratio of bars to challenges? I'd say maybe something like 8 challenges per 5 or 6 bars.

5. Other miscellaneous thoughts/ideas/feedback? I'd really like to thank Sherpa, PunkJr, and Sumi. You guys did a great job of running things for Ravenclaw. Also, I'd like to thank the rest of Ravenclaw as well for being such a fun team.

6. Pokémon! I like it. I'm curious as to how the groups will be divided. Houses representing starting Pokemon perhaps?

7. I'm planning to have 10 drinking challenges in 8 bars. Too many challenges? Porbably too many bars? I feel like this will probably be a couple to many bars. I think the best times were the bars where we had close to an hour to spend. Just out of curiousity, in which part of Boston are you planning on running this? I can't wait to see where we're we'll be going.

8. Yay, Boston!

Ebfan on
This discussion has been closed.