As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC June 2007 Solicits (with 20% more Countdown!)

13»

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    You know, when I think about it, it's maybe slightly odd that I'm a Brit and yet I'm such a fan of the likes of Captain America and Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam is a goddamn badass, even though I'm never sure which of his origins they're working from (or whether they're all meant to be possibilities in canon and it's a deliberate mystery)...

You read British comics too, right?

Judge Dredd? Strontium Dog? Rogue Trooper?

Because if you don't, you should.

You need an internet cookie for bringing up Britcomics. Fuck it, have an internet bakery.

Dredd is an all-time fave for me (despite some dodgy art and even dodgier continuity sometimes) but Marvel UK had some interesting creations. Death's Head rocked, but as much as I loved Captain Britain I was always slightly concerned over the drive to make him so... so... extremely epic and cosmic.

"hai guys our Captain fights personifications of reality and yours only hits Hydra terrorists with a shield lol"

As for Zenith:
    A pop-star superhero that kept calling out Tory idiocy through horribly blatant propaganda? Win.

Anyway. The only time I ever saw Eclipso in action was a few Lobo crossovers- but costume aside, he seems like a badass. I'm the resisting the urge to Google him and study up here: I actually know next to nothing about the guy.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Anyway. The only time I ever saw Eclipso in action was a few Lobo crossovers- but costume aside, he seems like a badass. I'm the resisting the urge to Google him and study up here: I actually know next to nothing about the guy.

Umm, he's kind of like an Evil Tingle.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007

Just like The Spectre is the wrath of God, Eclipso is the rage. He was the Angel of Vengeance before The Spectre, but went bad. He is trapped in a black diamond, but can possess anyone who touches the diamond as long as they are angry/raging at someone.

Most recently he possessed Jean Loring (the Atom's ex-wife) and seduced The Spectre into destroying magic (Day of Vengeance, a mini-series leading up to Infinite Crisis). He can't stay in light, so Nightshade teleported him/her to an orbit around the sun.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Awesome: the Lobo arc I read involved him meeting Eclipso's "opposite", Starman- or rather, they played off the idea that the Starman being featured was somehow tied to Eclipso, powering him up with every use of his own abilities (kind of Galactus-herald vibe going on). I read that in the early Nineties, but I probably hallucinated the whole thing.

And I would edit out the "I'm the resisting the urge", but now I've been quoted twice. And my mistake will be seen for all eternity.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    good god michael turner, enough with power girl rack!

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    More Power Cleavage please.

Fixed.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    good god michael turner, enough!

Fixed.

Garlic Bread on