As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upd Dec 17- Alphabet of Animals (pg 4) :)

• StplmstrStplmstr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As for the bolding, until the last page he is not showing any real emotion in that panel. All he has is the spock eyebrow raise. On the last page where he is showing exasperation i think it would fit but there he is supposed to be a juxtaposition of Z's excitement.

I did a small draw over as well. But as for the eye movement the tail helps but it is generally known that people look at faces first. I have heard it referred to as the "Do I know them" effect. Peoples eyes seem to look for facial recognition even when there is no earthly reason they would recognize the person. Then the eye would go to the text. Especially with how the next panel is I think it would be very easy for peoples eyes to move to Z's face or his next word bubble (or picto bubble as the case may be) than running all the way down the panel to the next bubble. Like in a newspaper if you have words that cross that gutter between columns people, even though they know how columns work, would naturally follow it out into the next collum rather than jumping to the beginning of the next line.

01.jpg vs 02.jpg

And an e-mail will be on the way shortly :)

Stplmstr on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I see what you mean with the eye movement. Since I had cut a sliver out of the comic to work on, I didn't realize it was so close to the face and picto-balloon.

As for emotion, the dude maintains anime smiling, squinty eyes the whole time, which is mainly what I was reading as far as personality.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited May 2009
    Well here is another update with more darkstalkerness. Of course not the one that got in the ones that were unsuded :)

First the cappy one that is a hella boring composition and not really intresting otherwise either :( but you know full disclosure on what works and doesn't :)

h_ko_imp.jpg

Then the (i would imagine most done stalker) Morrigan
    morrigan.jpg

and finally Lord Raptor
    raptor.jpg

Stplmstr on
    edited May 2009
    TMNT!

TURT.jpg

Stplmstr on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Lord Raptor looks great! He always did have the best super move.

The other two Darkstalker pieces are nice too but the last one has a more striking style.

earthwormadam on
    edited May 2009
    Earth- Yeah I liked the lord raptor one too. Surprisingly it isn't the one that they took...not that I am complaining :D

Cheeks-74-Sean Galloway- Is running a contest over at his blog/DA page ect. So I didcided to whip up an entry for it :)
    check out the contest here ---> http://gotcheeks.blogspot.com/

kuta_lines_flat.jpg

Stplmstr on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Morrigan is "most done"

Hehehehe

She's a slut.

Metalbourne on
    edited May 2009
    I know shes a slut but I love her anywayyyyyyy :mrgreen: hahaha

Stplmstr on
    edited June 2009
    Alrighty first image is what I wanted to do for the last forum contest funky hats deal. Unfortunatly I back burnered it then didn't get back around to it until the voting was already done :S

hat.jpg
    Why?.....I dunno :)

And a sketch I thought was kinda cute so I decided to take it to a more finished spot :)

candle_line.jpg

Stplmstr on
  • sgt scruffiansgt scruffian Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    love the Kuta drawing, as i'm sure cheeks did as well. your colors are amazing.

sgt scruffian on
    randomSecondPanel.php
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Whoa that hat is super, and would've pulled in a lot of votes.

earthwormadam on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR THAT

RubberAC on
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Stplmstr wrote: »
    tender_rondo.jpg

oh and this is the tender rondo song that came out of the podcast where the M.O.C was discussed....I think it is funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_NbkMnE4ew

You just won my heart. <3

Paradox Control on
    \
    edited August 2009
    Sgt- Thanks I hope he did, but eitherway I am glad it caught your eye :D

Earth- Thanks I am glad ya liked it :D

Rubber- Thanks I will have to try and make sure not to be lame and late next time :)

Para- Sounds like I may have the love story of an age on my hands hahahaha Thanks I am glad ya liked it :)
    A blog me and a couple of friends from the school days did a myth type thang so here are a couple of images from that.

Futakuchi-onna: Though there are several stories linking the appearance of a futakuni-onna's second mouth to different causes, it is most often linked to how little a woman eats. The soon-to-be futakuchi-onna is usually a wife of a miser and rarely eats. To counteract this, a second mouth mysteriously appears on the back of the woman's head. The second mouth often mumbles spiteful and threatening things to the woman and demands food. If it is not fed, it can screech obscenely and cause the woman tremendous pain. Eventually the woman's hair begins to move like a pair of serpents, allowing the mouth to help itself to the woman's meals.

futakuchi-onna.jpg
    Kawa-Uso :A folkloric otter with supernatural powers :)
    kawa_uso.jpg

Now I am not posting any links just the promo image (you can find any links in the appropriate place in my sig) I am doing for my entry into Zuda for August
    promo_colour.jpg
    I am doing this particularly because in this very thread I had some very cool and thoughtful comments on bubble placement and texting from ManonvonSuperock. So I ran Physikon past him and it resulted in some very helpful suggestions so I wanted to give him a shout out and thanks for the crits :)

And finally I am gonna be in chicago this weekend at the wizard world con so if your gonna be there me and Evan Damph will be sharing the table 3708 so swing by if you get a chance :D

Stplmstr on
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I really like the otter. :) I think some of your shapes are a little hard to define because there isnt allot of contrast between colours.

Leggraphics on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the lettering on that entry came out pretty rad. It's good to see it finished.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited August 2009
    Legg: Yeah I have the tonal values all in the same range so it does lose the eye a bit. Good catch.

Manon: Thanks but part of the credit for that definitely goes to you :D

Wo-ho I was at wizard world in chicago and it was hella fun! I got to share a table with Evan Dahm, who couldn't have been a better table mate. If you don't know who that is then check out http://www.rice-boy.com/ and see what you have been missing :)

I also had a great time with my curvaceous lady set. A group of prints I did exclusively for the con. This is the wrap around cover
    cover_print.jpg
    I was quite pleased when lots of men and women of all sorts were interested in the sets. I always had the theory that curvy ladys were popular with a lot of people and it was nice to have that hypothesis vindicated when all of the sets sold out :D

Stplmstr on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    :^: I fully endorse the print set. Do you have any of the others from it online?

bombardier on
    edited August 2009
    Thanks I am glad to have as many endorsements as possible. I don't have any of them online it was something I did to have to sell packages of at cons and stuff like that. But I did upload 1 to give an idea of what they are like :)
    office.jpg

Stplmstr on
  • Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am truly a fan. Your art style's sick, man.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CANKLES!

I agree, I'm very fond of pretty well much everything in this thread.

Mustang on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I always had the theory that curvy ladys were popular with a lot of people and it was nice to have that hypothesis vindicated when all of the sets sold out :D

I think people like curvy but dislike fat, the difference being that curvy is (to me) a healthy and smooth largeness, while fat is not.

Delzhand on
    edited August 2009
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I always had the theory that curvy ladys were popular with a lot of people and it was nice to have that hypothesis vindicated when all of the sets sold out :D

I think people like curvy but dislike fat, the difference being that curvy is (to me) a healthy and smooth largeness, while fat is not.

I'm going to quash this direction of conversation in this thread right here or else this will turn into an 80 page D&D thread.

bombardier on
    edited August 2009
    bombardier wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »

I'm going to quash this direction of conversation in this thread right here or else this will turn into an 80 page D&D thread.

I like girls with great big titties.

Metalbourne on
    edited August 2009
    They are like bags of sand.

bombardier on
    edited August 2009
    And then I was all bangin her and she was like, 'Oh your totally nailing me, I like that"

Metalbourne on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Way to fuck up your contractions, Metaldumb.

CheerfulBear on
    edited August 2009
    Bombs changed my post

Metalbourne on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I heard 'boobs', so I came as soon as I could.
    Yes. You read that correctly.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited August 2009
    Radar- Thanks I am really glad you have liked it so far :)

Must- I think of them more as shit kicking man stompers...but perhaps my life has been a sad one :)

Delz- You may be right :) But I do think there is genrally still an obsessions with what people convince themselves or are convinced by others is difficult to achieve ie. rare. Way back when a large man or woman was obviously someone of wealth because they could afford it and was thus desirable. On the farm a woman with hips and child bearing potential was desirable ect. These days it is the high fashion heroine chic sickly (to me) look that is harder to maintain and thus givin the status of desirable. It is the same way with rocks, long time ago onyx was as valuable as gold but when they found large deposits of onyx it lost it's value because it's rarity was changed. But I do think because of this societal drive for rarity people convince themselves that they like something they don't or don't what they do because they are told that they should. We are all subject to this type of thinking but hopefully we can break free of it enough to get what we like, rather than what is rare or we are told we should like :)

Bomb- Alrighty consider it qwashed :)

Metal-...<<....>>.....me too :)

Bomb- Bags of sand warmed in the sun :)

Metal-....where is that from... it reminds me of something Weaton was saying on the D&D podcast but I don't remeber for sure...

D-robe- Well good, cause if you heard "dong" then you landed in the wrong thread :)

Stplmstr on
    edited August 2009

Metal-....where is that from... it reminds me of something Weaton was saying on the D&D podcast but I don't remeber for sure...

It's a very rough paraphrasing of "40 year old virgin" where steve carell's character is talking about "this chick he banged" and they ask him what her boobs felt like and he replied with "a bag of sand"

So, technically, bombs started it.

Metalbourne on
    edited August 2009
    Metal: haha no worries, I thoughroughly promote people "starting it" in hmya :)

Angie, a character from over on the entervoid site by http://angieness.deviantart.com/ . I was trina stay a bit looser on this so this is what happened :)

angi.jpg

Stplmstr on
    edited September 2009
    Did an image as a trade for some textpattern training

03.jpg

for a blog I am sketching around with, gonna do some chara design and stuff for a book so I picked one of my favs

ender.jpg

Very quick line up of some characters for some comic pages I am drawing for fun

line_up.jpg

And a couple of characters just for giggles :)
    Ol country boy
    country_boy.jpg
    Parking attendant
    parking_attendant.jpg

Stplmstr on
  • Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Was your comic Character sheet an inspiration from the wind waker series? It has that sort of... presence yet more grown and mature.

You're aart it awesome. Keep up the good work. *bookmarks*

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
    edited September 2009
    not directly but can I say the wicked style of that game didn't influence me after it blew my eyes out of the back of my head (best looking Ganon EVER!) I doubt I could. So perhaps subconsciously but not on purpose :)

Stplmstr on
  • Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ah, I see.

Still pretty awesome though.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
    edited September 2009
    Well I am glad to hear ya liked it :)

Stplmstr on
    edited September 2009
    I am a fan of the Phoenix Wright games in a big way so it was inevitable that it would make it's way into my drawings at some point :)

trucy_finished_01.jpg

and a image of the process on the image :)

trucy.jpg

Stplmstr on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, you're cool. You're cool at pictures.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm a big fan of that color palette, you're making me want to try something similar.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods