As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Speaking of Mergers...

ScoobaShagScoobaShag Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Artist's Corner
vegeeto.png

After the huge merger of the past week, let us contemplate on the mergers that will never be. Alas, despite the sheer awesome potential of combining my favorite child hood fighting anime with my favorite child hood snack food, the two shall never meet.

What about you?

ScoobaShag on

• D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow. That is dangerously cheesy.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    :lol:

Kendeathwalker on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Thread fucking over.

Godfather on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You know what? I want to continue the meme chain, but I can't. I just can't. You've posted the best in the first post. Fucking congratulations.

Ruinin' it for the rest of us ...

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

Thread fucking over.

NightDragon on
  • ScoobaShagScoobaShag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Frito Lays is missing out on a good campaign in here, yes siree.

Actually that's not true, the current campaign with chester cheetah as a malevolent psuedo-Morpheus bastard is pretty awesome.

ScoobaShag on
  • PhthanoPhthano Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    His sodium level, Chester. It's over 9000.

Phthano on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

lol. Yes, this.

Also, I would wonder (besides D-Robe's comment) why this is funny/interesting? Yes, you took two things that don't belong, but that doesn't make it automatically good. Wouldn't it make more sense if he was holding (or hovering or whatever) a giant Cheetos ball? I guess what I'm asking is...can you give us a clearly defined point? Can you rationalize this arts existence? (I'm not trying to be mean, I just want you to push this further is you're serious about making something good).

NibCrom on
    edited September 2009
    Granted this started as a stupid commission I did for a friend and when the week's news came out about the disney merger I thought, "gee, this picture certainly would get some extra use as a funny aside considering all the unbelievable stuff that's circling around the disney merger. Wouldn't that be funny if some totally unrelated companies got together and made some stupid shit we could all laugh at, I wonder what those mix-ups would look like." So hence why I posted the picture.

By the way, you are absolutely right about the giant cheeto ball instead of the energy ball, totally escaped my mind.

On the other hand, how could I be serious about this picture? It's fuckin' chester cheetah fused with vegeeta. I don't really feel a bond with this picture in any sort of way where I'm dying to get critical feedback for it, because "oh my lord it's a masterpiece." I have much more concerning things that I'd put up for criticism, critique, and feedback. I just thought it would be a good laugh to share with you folks and on the off chance see if anybody else would like to respond with their equally ridiculous mish mash, but if MetroidZoid is any indication I seem to have stolen the words out of everybody's mouths with this one.

Some stupid pictures are just stupid pictures. Sorry if that isn't satisfying.

ScoobaShag on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm trying to visualize a fight scene between Chester-Goku and Velveeta-Vegeta...

Delzhand on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    While the initial execution is somewhat awkward, and D-Robe's comment borders on threadjacking, this is still a valid thread.

More importantly, there's no rule against threads for trading ideas and cultivating creativity.

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I thought his question seemed really odd given the subject matter.

Velveeta-Vegeeta....whoa.

ScoobaShag on