As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nice to know you... GOODBYEEEE (PAX Appreciation Thread)

revengeofmikerevengeofmike Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
I've had a great time trying to gather dts pins weekend, and just starting to get a bit down that the last day of PAX is tomorrow.
How have all your weekends been? Anything crazy you've done? Did you accomplish your convention goals for PAX this year?

revengeofmike on

• Slipstream.ccSlipstream.cc Mill Creek, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Besides Wil' Awesome Hour tomorrow, most certainly, yes.

Oh and I was hoping for some Serenity RPG pickup game action, but I've yet to find anyone. Pondering if I should bring along my book again tomorrow just in case or not.

Slipstream.cc on
    I play Indoors | PAX's Attended: 07 08 09 10 12 13
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    missing a L4D2 shirt, a pirates otBS booty shirt, and whatever boarderlands has.

but I've bought the SF4 femme fatale TE stick, got into the RE5 PC party, and also won a video card. pretty satisfied. I still have things to do sunday, though. a goal I didn't accomplish was camping tabletop for prize money, but hey,atleast I have15+ copies of hello kitty online

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • blue-rageblue-rage Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I didnt get a chance to check out L4D2 but it was still fun
    I won a Section 8 competition at the alienware booth which was pretty sweet, so im installing that now :P
    Also I finished the bioshock 2 puzzle right before the signing at the booth which was pretty lucky too.

Damn, I love pax.

blue-rage on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I missed the panel about women in the industry because my brain shut down and I thought I was in line for it but I was in line for Pax10 which turned out fun. Also blew my budget at a strip club and really wish I hadn't.

RoyceSraphim on
  • kinja20kinja20 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i had a great time :) it sucks i cant go today though its raining too hard and i dont have a ride :(

kinja20 on
  • G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have been at GJ-11 and have had a great time. Thank You, INSTANT ACTION for the great tee's the fun games and for having a guy that looks like Greg Brady.. he knows who he is.

Thanks to TWINK for the TIMTAMS, and other food items, and for not being a harry dude I would have to stare at all weekend. =) Your a very cool G4MER! Good luck in school and your chosen career field... I think you'll go far. And keep thinking "OUTSIDE THE BOX" with your case mods. Good stuff.

For the people who gave me buttons, and I had none to give.. I will be happy to send them to you all, or bring last years and next years up and give you 2 at PAX 2010!

To Josua, the kick ass Case Modder who won 2nd in the best mod competition.. Congrats man.. Your White Case in my eyes should of won.. I had a blast sitting next to you at the con.

To my friends who convinced me to get my ass up here and outta Texas for a week.. Thanks Guys, I had a blast and will be back fer sure!

G4MER on
    g4mer_paxsig.png
  • DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had an awesome time- swag was mainly t-shirts, but hey- better than nothing!

Picked up the PC engine Best collection, and Megaman Maverick Hunter X for PSP, as well as an awesome Pacman hat. Even better, when i was wearing it the next day, and went back to the Namco booth to get another as a present for my sis, the lady asked: "Did you get that one from here?", and then retroactively gave me the 'two for $20 each' deal! Excellent!

I also thought that the 'That Arcade Feeling' session was great- the talk was really well put together. Definitely i'll take a further look at Nexon's stuff, particularly Dungeon Fighter, and Dragon Nest, if they become accesible from Europe...

DusT_HounD on
  • DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Awwww... :cry:

Had a great time!

So, anyone up for PAX East? :)

DeusTrinitas on
  • SardocasmSardocasm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    *tear*

Sardocasm on
  • oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had an awesome time at pax!! it was the most epic thing EVAR!!! i had so much fun that earlier today (noonish) i started feeling tired. By the time i am posting this, i got home and checked my temperature, i am officially HOT! at 102 degrees thats why they call me miss farenheight! What an interesting way to end pax. Pax was so awesome it gave me a FEVAR!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooo

edit:: no, seriously, I have a fever of 102 XDDDDDD

oyasumidesu on
  • Racemaster7Racemaster7 Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    It pains to know that next PAX is 364 days away.

Racemaster7 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    SIGSIG.jpg
    "Darkness won the Skirmish, but Light will win the War."
    -Gregory
  • blindside044blindside044 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It pains to know that next PAX is 364 days away.

200 days, actually.

blindside044 on
  • solomanisolomani Sydney, AURegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hi all,
    As both a first time visitor to PAX and Seattle I had a great time. You Seattlites have a beutiful city and you guys are unbelivably polite (or is it more of the case that us Australians are overly rude).

solomani on
  • StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My only suggestion: Tear down the city and start over, this time use a level to ensure that you're building on a flat surface... My shins thank you in advance.

StarYoshi on
    Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Come here when its a bad winter(like last year) and tell me how your shins feel.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • s73v3rs73v3r Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The only thing that I wish I had done at PAX, other than getting more tshirts, would be to be more social. I met a lot of good people on the train ride up here, and I wish I had met more people while I was there.

s73v3r on
    edited September 2009
    I got like, 20 tshirts, it was awesome! i just wish i had paced myself, since i got sick, (102 fever and all right after the omegathon finale) and that i played more games instead of looking for nvidia matching buttons...i am so glad that i came this year!! i met the amazing tim schefer, jhonen vasquez, paul and storm and the awesome ppl who i met ttraversing throughout the hall

ps, i wish i got more dice T_T

oyasumidesu on
  • PookieMan357PookieMan357 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gotta agree. This year was my first PAX and the city was beautiful and the convention was fantastic.
    I'm sure I missed a lot of the best of the local flavor but I really enjoyed eating the at the Six Arms, Urbane, and 13 Coins.
    13 Coins especially was this weird kind of 24 hour candle in the dark that flickered for myself and two friends who stumbled the 8 poorly mapped blocks to the place to find a live jazz band, awesome bar chairs and huge, huge, brown leather booths.
    PAX was everything I expected and more. Being from Michigan I don't know if I'll hit West Coast PAX again, but it's definitely got me interested in East Coast PAX.
    Thanks to everyone involved, it was a great weekend! (Though Northwest Airlines screwed me out of attending on Sunday at all. Grrrrr)

PookieMan357 on
  • patrick 2patrick 2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    StarYoshi wrote: »
    My only suggestion: Tear down the city and start over, this time use a level to ensure that you're building on a flat surface... My shins thank you in advance.

Ironically, it practically was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Underground

patrick 2 on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    patrick wrote: »
    StarYoshi wrote: »

Ironically, it practically was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Underground

The idea of a city with a abandoned city underneath it is one of the awesomest things ever. I was so happy when I found out about that.

admanb on
  • silverback1138silverback1138 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If you liked Seattle, you should see the eastside too. I grew up in the area it's always been my fave place. I wouldn't really want to be anywhere else. It's nice.

silverback1138 on
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just wanted to say a quick thanks to the staff and enforcers who ran this PAX nice and smooth this year.

Oh, and sorry to the girl in front of me at the Final Omegathon thing for bumping her hair bun all the time. I was the idiot with the Pikachu puppet amongst the Fallout ones. I can't help that I'm short and that my elbow would hit you whenever I moved my puppet.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • WizEyeWizEye Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Same here, a big hug to all the staff and enforcers for being nice and polite. I felt welcome and had a great time. Oh and I want tickets for PAX 2010 already :D

WizEye on
  • EnemyFCEnemyFC Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Definitely would like to leave a shout out to 1) the enforcers for being professional and awesome and 2) the 3rd floor handheld lounge /3f/ for being extremely classy individuals.

I will miss all the penises in pictochat dearly (and by penises - the pictochatters of 2F and 3F), and look forward to next year's convention.

EnemyFC on
  • DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    EnemyFC wrote: »
    Definitely would like to leave a shout out to 1) the enforcers for being professional and awesome and 2) the 3rd floor handheld lounge /3f/ for being extremely classy individuals.

I will miss all the penises in pictochat dearly (and by penises - the pictochatters of 2F and 3F), and look forward to next year's convention.

I second the enforcers comment -- they were awesome and so helpful to us at our booth. I'm also sorry to have missed Pictochat penises, I brought my DS hoping to get into that action.

I got to meet a LOT of you and chat for a good long time with many of you. I think I even picked up a cold while I was at it, yay! It was also really nice being in a place where everyone understood what I was talking about. No awkward social moments. This may be the only time all year I feel comfortable.

Divebommah on
  • NovaFlaresNovaFlares Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i tried to Feat of Strength people for DTS buttons. <_< I woke up the next day with sore arms >_<

NovaFlares on
  • baratronbaratron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I second, third, fourth, twenty-fifth the appreciation for the PAX Enforcers. And also for the convention center staff. Everyone was very professional but also very friendly. It's a difficult combination to pull off, especially at times of stress.

I also want to thank whoever decided that Taco Del Mar should stay open past 1 am on Saturday night. I'm a vegan for food allergy/intolerance reasons, and it's often very difficult for me to find late-night fast food that I can eat (dairy is in EVERYTHING). I ended up with a lovely rice & beans burrito which was HOT and delicious. Much nicer than the usual crisps (potato chips) that might otherwise be the only choice.

baratron on
  • KahnorKahnor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i will miss Pax, at least i dont have to catch any means of transportation. love living in Washington ;D

Kahnor on
    I love the mountains, i love the bright blue skies, i love big bridges, blah blah blah blah blah blah I love the whole world, and all its sights and sounds, Boom de ya da boom de ya da boom de ya da boom de ya da- Discovery channel

Also, you just lost a chunk of your life!
  • Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    baratron wrote: »
    I second, third, fourth, twenty-fifth the appreciation for the PAX Enforcers. And also for the convention center staff. Everyone was very professional but also very friendly. It's a difficult combination to pull off, especially at times of stress.

I also want to thank whoever decided that Taco Del Mar should stay open past 1 am on Saturday night. I'm a vegan for food allergy/intolerance reasons, and it's often very difficult for me to find late-night fast food that I can eat (dairy is in EVERYTHING). I ended up with a lovely rice & beans burrito which was HOT and delicious. Much nicer than the usual crisps (potato chips) that might otherwise be the only choice.

Seconded - Taco Del Mar was AMAZING for drunk food that night!

Royale Wih Cheese on
    edited September 2009
    i want to thank the awesome enforcers this year!! they rocked, and.... for those who know " I'll Take a grab-bag!!! XD"
    this year was more awesome than last year! the attendees and the special guests were... how shall i put it... filled with EPIC WIN!!

Tim schafer was so cool, the first thing that we did at the con was have tim schafer ask us for our picture and I was like... *gape* O_______O it was awesome!

And thanks to all who took my picture! ( i was the badass princess peach with the cigarette (dont worry, it WAS fake, but it sure surprised people, worrying my hair would catch fire XD

and thank you Gabe and Tyco! this year was the most Awesome EVER!

I cannot wait for death spank to be released too XD and all the games... i want them ALL XDDDDDdd

and thank you, you awesome attendees! you made it awesome and i think that the mood and the environment that we all created is probably the most telling of how an event will end!

and thank you, Nvidia, you made me take so much time to look at ppl's buttons that i ended up with 6 buttons in the end, and no matches.... your event was WAY to addictive... *evil >.>* (just kidding)

oyasumidesu on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just got home and I have to say this was a great experience. I am pretty tired from my trip, so I am still trying to process it all, but it was just a blast.

See you all at PAX East!

Ebfan on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I is sad..... :*(

Shade on
This discussion has been closed.