As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chafing

ToemanToeman Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
Ok so this year seems to be really bad for my chafe. I came home last night and my thigh was bleeding a little. Anyone else have problems with chafing? Howd you solve it? Ive tried goldbond, goldbond foot stuff, monkey butt powder. It all didnt work.

Toeman on

• Options
    MarxMarx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There are actually products out there just for the problem. Powders aren't really a great option because inevitably sweat, rain, or any other moisture will turn nice powder into a disgusting mess of powder goop and stench.

Instead, try lube... like... this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Lube-Stick-Runners-2-25-Oz/dp/B000TS8MHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1252356323&sr=8-1

Distance runners use it all the time to prevent chafing and supposedly it works quite well. A friend recently ran a half-marathon and loved the stuff. There are other brands of course, that's just an example.

Marx on
    Space for rent.
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ha, what an uncomfortable subject. A cyclist friend at work uses Chamois Butt'r. I don't know why it wouldn't also work well in this context.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    CalXCalX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i dont know, maybe lose some goddamn weight if your thighs are bleeding?

CalX on
  • Options
    Professor MurdaProfessor Murda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I go to tons of conferences a year (the largest being SXSW, where I cover several miles of walking daily for 6 days straight) and I probably would be crippled without Body Glide. It's a bit nasty feeling at first, but at the end of the day when you're pain-free, you'll be thankful. They have it at most sporting goods stores, in the running section.

Professor Murda on
  • Options
    princevenprinceven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would recommend a pair of shorts similar to those used by cyclists. I know Jockey makes some which are available at Fred Meyer. The lifetime of the material isn't infinite, of course, but they can last for a few months and you don't have to apply anything nasty.

I will check the label and post the material in an edit when the wash is done :P

Hope this helps :)

princeven on
    There is nothing more to the world than the apparent. Unless you believe...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    CalX wrote: »
    i dont know, maybe lose some goddamn weight if your thighs are bleeding?

I only weigh 175, Its just i have a big butt. So fuck you. Seriously

Toeman on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah that was seriously uncalled for. I have never been obese and I've experienced it too. It's a human kinda thing, not that you would know anything about being a real human being.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, deodorant.

Don't need anything more complicated than that.

Asiina on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I go to tons of conferences a year (the largest being SXSW, where I cover several miles of walking daily for 6 days straight) and I probably would be crippled without Body Glide. It's a bit nasty feeling at first, but at the end of the day when you're pain-free, you'll be thankful. They have it at most sporting goods stores, in the running section.

This.

I participate in triathlon and prior to discovering BodyGlide I got some pretty nasty bleeding chafes on my inner thighs. (You try riding 113 miles on a bike and see how you feel! Oh, and don't forget to run a full marathon afterwards, juts for fun...)

Chamois Butt'r is great for bike riding because you can slap it on one specific location and as long as you only perform one specific action, it stays there. But it doesn't hold up well enough for anything that involves a variety of different actions. So if you were going to be walking, sitting, standing, walking some more, sitting, standing, et al, I wouldn't have confidence in it.

Of course everyone is different and has different preferences. One of my fellow triathletes swears that a low-tech swipe of vaseline is the perfect solution. Go figure.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Were your legs bare where they were rubbing together? Best solution I've found is to wear whatever fit of underwear covers those parts.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    specspec Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, Sure de-oderant works really well, any powder type deoderant will work.

spec on
  • Options
    ShallowSarcasmShallowSarcasm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Boxer briefs.

ShallowSarcasm on
  • Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Boxer briefs.

This

stabn_ on
    Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    KuipoKuipo Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    stabn_ wrote: »
    Boxer briefs.

This

I completely agree. I had to go on a trip to Montreal for work one time and walking around in the humid air was killing me.. After I came back from my trip I decided to do some more walking but before I could, I would have to find a solution to this problem. The answer.... was boxer briefs.

My friend and I actually were talking about this after the concert on Saturday while walking back to the car haha. He had come to the same conclusion as I had independently.

Good Luck

Kuipo on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kuipo wrote: »
    Boxer briefs.

This

I completely agree. I had to go on a trip to Montreal for work one time and walking around in the humid air was killing me.. After I came back from my trip I decided to do some more walking but before I could, I would have to find a solution to this problem. The answer.... was boxer briefs.

My friend and I actually were talking about this after the concert on Saturday while walking back to the car haha. He had come to the same conclusion as I had independently.

Good Luck

Boxer briefs have the added benefit of being hawt. :winky: We have determined that boxer briefs give +10 sexy to the wearer.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Boxer briefs.

This

Good Luck

Boxer briefs have the added benefit of being hawt. :winky: We have determined that boxer briefs give +10 sexy to the wearer.

Sometimes tho, the boxer briefs can ride up the leg providing bare, chafeable skin.

In which case, I say go to GI Joes or someplace and get a cheap pair of Underarmor shorts.

Wear em as underwear if you like, believe me they feel good.

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sometimes tho, the boxer briefs can ride up the leg providing bare, chafeable skin.

In which case, I say go to GI Joes or someplace and get a cheap pair of Underarmor shorts.

Wear em as underwear if you like, believe me they feel good.

GI Joes went bankrupted months ago just fyi

Thank u guys for the help

Toeman on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Boxer briefs.

This

Good Luck

I just skip past those and go right to H&M boy shorts. :winky:

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
This discussion has been closed.