As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Cosplay '09 [It's Over!]

• Options
    papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This needs to be said now before it is too late: If some girl shows up as Taokaka from BlazBlue, you will be the hero of the convention. It must be said. Additionally, I hope for the sake of everyone at PAX that you show up for this. :D

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hot dang, I have my costume done. Well, it's really just a hat and backpack, but whatever~
    DSC04918.jpg

I'll also be switching to my metroid hat and Mr. Saturn hat whenever the mood suits me.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    AznTranquilityAznTranquility Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I believe I know a few people doing Taokaka from Blazblue

AznTranquility on
  • Options
    ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm doing the final trying-on-my-costumes-to-make-sure-they-work check right now. So excited that we're so close!

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You should have seen me clutching my jacket today, it seems my cat knows he's shedding and is seeking it out like a missile.

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thought that costume was abandoned...at least that's what the myths and legends told o_O

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well this will probably be the last time I post before PAX, I'm typing this in the lobby of the hotel I'm staying at before our room is ready. Can't wait too see everyone there and in thier costumes!

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    runwiledrunwiled Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To all of you attending PAX in costume this year:

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy getting together and revelling in your collective awesome/lameness (it's a fine line we walk). I'm sad that I can't be there this year but I wanted everyone to have the best experience possible, so I hope you have as much fun if not even more (if that's possible) than I had last year. PAX has always been about bringing gamers together, costumed or not, so go meet some awesome people.

And show 'em how much you kick ass.

I'll see you at PAX-East.
    ~Peace Out
    peace.jpg

runwiled on
    mpmdoodsig.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am kicking myself, I just realized that if I had gotten the clothes, I could have packed hella jam jars with Green Tea Lemonade from starbucks with my discount, maybe a few black tea Lemonade for color and variety.

Maybe even a passion tea lemonade so that I could have a conversation with a female medic.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    chokoretonekochokoretoneko Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Looks like I'll be cosplaying on Saturday, rather than Friday, as per the request of the boyfriend. =P
    As a reminder, I'll be cosplaying Leaf from Pokemon Fire Red/ Leaf Green. I'll look like this...
    7229_154942634971_638949971_3600526_4058064_n.jpg

chokoretoneko on
    "I'MA CHARGIN MAH RAZR!"
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm cosplaying on Friday as Earl, of Toe Jam and Earl.

:D

Incidentally, find me somewhere from 3-4 as I will be handing out a special goodie courtesy of our friends at Microsoft. Mr. Canada, aka Kamshaft from Xbox Addict will be helping me, but he's not cosplaying. He's just coming as a Canadian, eh.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Options
    Trooper0621Trooper0621 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    runwiled wrote: »

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy getting together and revelling in your collective awesome/lameness (it's a fine line we walk).

Hah, that reminds me of my friend's comment when I wore my ODST costume to the Gamestop Tour event.

"It's awesome that you made it...I think the geekiness came on when you decided to wear it".

Hope to see everyone at the gathering!

Trooper0621 on
  • Options
    MrTaikoMrTaiko Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Anybody Cosplaying on Sunday? my daughter is gonna be togepi for you pokemon folks!

MrTaiko on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    runwiled wrote: »

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy getting together and revelling in your collective awesome/lameness (it's a fine line we walk). I'm sad that I can't be there this year but I wanted everyone to have the best experience possible, so I hope you have as much fun if not even more (if that's possible) than I had last year. PAX has always been about bringing gamers together, costumed or not, so go meet some awesome people.

And show 'em how much you kick ass.

I'll see you at PAX-East.
    ~Peace Out
    peace.jpg

Sorry we won't get to see you! Hope you have a really good weekend, and see you at future PAX's!

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Last post before I get ready/leave for PAX! (I am going up in my Elika costume. Hope my neighbors don't give me too many weird looks. Hee hee.)

I will see you guys at 12:30 today and the same time on Saturday! Very excited!! :D

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
  • Options
    OzzimoOzzimo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Setting up the spy gear as we speak. see you guys there. :)

Ozzimo on
  • Options
    OzzimoOzzimo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    way to got TF2 cosplayers! That was awesome. Please share to links to anything you've got, I'd love to show the wife what happened. :)

Ozzimo on
  • Options
    KahnorKahnor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ozzimo wrote: »
    way to got TF2 cosplayers! That was awesome. Please share to links to anything you've got, I'd love to show the wife what happened. :)

I feel so left out... Im going tommorow (saturday) I wanted to see it all and ik missed it.

Kahnor on
    I love the mountains, i love the bright blue skies, i love big bridges, blah blah blah blah blah blah I love the whole world, and all its sights and sounds, Boom de ya da boom de ya da boom de ya da boom de ya da- Discovery channel

Also, you just lost a chunk of your life!
  • Options
    ohiowasabiohiowasabi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dressed up friday and no one was in the designated area. doin it again saturday. whos gonna be there?

ohiowasabi on
  • Options
    pipesdreamspipesdreams Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Was going to try and cosplay as Kate Libby from Hackers but figured it would be too obscure - got the haircut anyhow and am pleased with the results. If anyone else wants to dress up as Kate in future, I blogged about her outfits and did a bunch of useful screencaps, here: http://www.pipesdreams.org/blog/archives/1758

:) Pipes

pipesdreams on
    Let's play Doctor... (Mario)!
  • Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, everything is ready for the troll shaman from WoW. I'm taking the lightrail to the convention center like I did today though, and am a little nervous of what the other passengers might think. I don't care, per se, but I just hope its well received and not intimidating for them!

I did see the girl with the red mane, really hard to miss, great job !

chrisstie on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    TEAM FORTRESS 22222!!!
    Sooo when's our meetup?
    I myself only plan on dressing up Saturday as this seems like a good middle
    and quite frankly I don't think my costume can last more than a day (after a few last minute repairs before leaving the house...)

Sooo has a time and place been specified or should I name one?

Hrm... how about 1pm outside the BYOC area? or somewhere elses that's less populated perhaps.
    Lemme know!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    runwiledrunwiled Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    TEAM FORTRESS 22222!!!
    Sooo when's our meetup?
    I myself only plan on dressing up Saturday as this seems like a good middle
    and quite frankly I don't think my costume can last more than a day (after a few last minute repairs before leaving the house...)

Sooo has a time and place been specified or should I name one?

Hrm... how about 1pm outside the BYOC area? or somewhere elses that's less populated perhaps.
    Lemme know!

Details were posted in the OP. 12:30 at Freeway Park, out back of the center. If weather is poor, the main foyer.

runwiled on
    mpmdoodsig.jpg
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ohiowasabi wrote: »
    Dressed up friday and no one was in the designated area. doin it again saturday. whos gonna be there?

Yeah, it seemed like a big group of TF2 people did their photos sometime between 12:00 and 12:30, but a lot of people left before then, and then there wasn't really any group organization at 12:30 to gather people together. Still nice to see a good number of people there, though.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Woot saw some awesome cosplays - you spys are so slick looking, and Guile was great too. The cute asian in the pikachu costume was great, I hope I can find the picture his friend took with me.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback on my costume and if you have any pics you want to share with me just send me an email chrisstie@gmail.com

thanks and looking forward to this sunday and pax2010!

chrisstie on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Man I had a complete blast, I was surprised so many people wanted their pictures with me. Unfortenuly my costume took a huge beating, my boots got dirty and the buttons started to come off, luckily this all happend after I got back to the hotel.

Man turns out we forgot the SD card for the camera so I have no single picture of me or you guys. When it snows later this year I'll fix up my costume and take some good pictures.

I loved seeing you guys in costume, I know I caught a few of you though it wasn't at the meetup. I do have a ton of pics on my sister's cellphone though :)

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Some pics of Cosplayers from Friday's PAX09.

8824_101836193165000_100000158590453_49882_7430149_n.jpg
    8824_101836209831665_100000158590453_49887_2546826_n.jpg
    8824_101836236498329_100000158590453_49895_6676477_n.jpg
    8824_101836213164998_100000158590453_49888_7598588_n.jpg
    8824_101836229831663_100000158590453_49893_4330142_n.jpg
    8824_101836233164996_100000158590453_49894_6901621_n.jpg
    8824_101836196498333_100000158590453_49883_1212118_n.jpg
    8824_101836239831662_100000158590453_49896_1383463_n.jpg
    8824_101836173165002_100000158590453_49877_1679366_n.jpg
    8824_101836136498339_100000158590453_49866_3182962_n.jpg

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks cosplayahs, I had a blast! I really enjoyed matching faces to forum handles, and was excited to see people again from last year! I enjoyed everyone's outfits, this year's quality and participation was impressive!
    If you live in Seattle area, let's hang out sometime- I'll buy ya a beer.

mad props to TF2 red, that shit blew me away.

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I wish there had been more time to get on the forums before PAX this year . . . I was in the old school Penguin costume (Burgess Meredith style) and would have loved to meet up with you guys to get pictures and share beers :-)

I saw some of the TF2 teams as well as many others . . . wide variety of awesome costumes this year!

Royale Wih Cheese on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I wish there had been more time to get on the forums before PAX this year . . . I was in the old school Penguin costume (Burgess Meredith style) and would have loved to meet up with you guys to get pictures and share beers :-)

I saw some of the TF2 teams as well as many others . . . wide variety of awesome costumes this year!

yeah dude I saw you! I didn't take too many photos...it's kinda hard when you're in a cosplay with only 4 fingers...I was in the big blue winged monster thing...air soldier heartless from Kingdom Hearts 1

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just wanted to say thanks to all of the TF2 cosplayers I saw during days one and two. I was especially impressed with some of the weapons many of you brought. If anyone was wondering who the blue spy in the Fancy Fedora was, it was me. I was a tad late to the first meet up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smokestormx/3891298252/in/set-72157622251476672
    Cheers to smokestormx for that flickr photo as well.

Zombicus on
    Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Cool stuff! My friend was Spider Man... I think he got a picture with you. Apparently your figure fit the penguin costume perfectly (no offense)

EDIT: also thanks to all the TF2 people especially the Soldier and pyro I got to heal! You made my day!

Will post pics up here tomorrow when the post-PAX fatigue has worn off.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    daemongarsodaemongarso Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Did anyone get a picture of the adorable Alicia Malchiott from Valkyria Chronicals wandering around on friday? I would've, but totally didn't bring a camera.

Saw so many awesome cosplays. I am very VERY impressed with everyone.

daemongarso on
  • Options
    Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Serenity wrote: »

Cool stuff! My friend was Spider Man... I think he got a picture with you. Apparently your figure fit the penguin costume perfectly (no offense)

EDIT: also thanks to all the TF2 people especially the Soldier and pyro I got to heal! You made my day!

Will post pics up here tomorrow when the post-PAX fatigue has worn off.

Hahahaha, none taken! :-P That's actually one of the main reasons I chose the Penguin; I can't pull off a Renton or a Yagami Light like I'd want to, but luckily actors and actresses are human too, and come in all shapes and sizes :-)

Hey, your buddy had an GREAT Spider Man costume. I saw him first over at the Gaming Mana booth playing something, and got a good assassination pic because I didn't want to interrupt his game :-P PM me or have him PM me if he wants a link to the pic when I get them uploaded!

Millislim: Woah, that was you! :shock: I was horrible with getting pics as well, I'm so Googling yours :-P

Royale Wih Cheese on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just wanted to say that if I'd found an Aerith Cosplayer..they would've had to shut the convention center down.:mrgreen::P

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    You TF2 dudes from Vancouver were awesome. I was wearing a headcrab hat and bugged the heavy for his Steam ID at one point.

tf2.jpg

bombardier on
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

oh my gosh, someone told me you were the penguin, and i was on the lookout for you! darn. let's dress up and get together for that beer. lol

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The red spy with the medic icon above her head was awesome!

did I mention she has a killer accent? ^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    man I wish I could have stayed in my costume longer... Was planning on staying in it all of Saturday but it was just too damn hot!
    I'll have to perfect/tweak it for next year...
    More ventilation and a lighter medi-gun... will have to figure something out for the gloves too...

Oy you Vancouver peoples! Send me your steam information! We'll have to exchange costume ideas and whatnot. I was not happy with my costume and I'd like to perfect it for next year at AE...

Overall though, I saw a LOT of TF2 costumes! Was soooo happy too see that Soldier.

And now for a picture of me in front of the first aid room :winky:
    DSC_0060.jpg

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    anyone get a picture of the "bad-ass (fake cigarette) smoking peach"? (that was me)

oyasumidesu on
This discussion has been closed.