As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

uFragTV broadcasting live from PAX, also we have a freaking BLIMP!

The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupinesIrvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
I'm currently posting from the netbook of a very nice Enforcer in the media center that allowed me access to his computer.

So I'm here at PAX, and we are the only media outlet with a booth and broadcasting live for the whole event. Any PAers that want to say hi come on by and check it out. We'll be giving out prizes, interviewing cool people, and my co-host is Becky Young (Tommy Tallarico's girlfriend). We also have a 13 foot blimp tethered to our booth and if they let us we'll be flying it around the convention floor. I want to see as many PAers as possible so come say hello at booth 121.

Those of you that can't make PAX just check out the live coverage on www.uFragTV.com and point and laugh at me. Or you could also laugh at other forumers you recognize on our feed. If some forumers come by and say hello and are interesting enough we'll put them on the air and let them give shoutouts to the forums.

I guess this thread can also be used as general discussion for people watching the feed at home to comment on what they are seeing and to scream hi if they see people they recognize from the forums.

Now I must be off because I need to get back to work!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
The_Spaniard on

• Options
    KahnorKahnor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    thats cool, ill be their tommorow

Kahnor on
    I love the mountains, i love the bright blue skies, i love big bridges, blah blah blah blah blah blah I love the whole world, and all its sights and sounds, Boom de ya da boom de ya da boom de ya da boom de ya da- Discovery channel

Also, you just lost a chunk of your life!
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    See you tomorrow Span. Behave yourself tonight.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am currently posting from the business center in our hotel. I met a handful of posters today and even interviewed them live on the show. When I have the clip I'll link it. I won't say who it was, I'll let them post and tell about it. It was fun, we joked around, gave some shoutouts, they acted the fool and I threatened to hit them. ;3

So more folks come by the booth and check us out, say hello and get on the air with us. Did anybody happen to catch any of them on the air today?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    jefftheworldjefftheworld Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Hey! I saw one of you uFrag folks earlier today, he commented on my DMG (Dot Matrix Game Boy, aka the original) and asked me to come back. I can assure you, I'll be there tomorrow with plenty to say. Glad to see people are doing cool live coverage like that.

Cheers,
    Jeff

jefftheworld on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enjoyed the streaming yesterday, especially the interview with the bag lady :P

Looking forward to more!

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey! I saw one of you uFrag folks earlier today, he commented on my DMG (Dot Matrix Game Boy, aka the original) and asked me to come back. I can assure you, I'll be there tomorrow with plenty to say. Glad to see people are doing cool live coverage like that.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    That was me, I asked you to come back and show off your classic relic.
    Enjoyed the streaming yesterday, especially the interview with the bag lady :P

Looking forward to more!

Thanks, oh and FYI it's a 24 hour stream so even if you want to check things out in the middle of the night and see what might be up in the empty convention hall, you can.

We have a lot of stuff planned for today, so be sure to keep an eye on the stream folks at home.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Few more forumers came by today and said hello, interviewed them on the air and one touched my butt. Another looked like he had been T-bagged by a fairy cause his face was covered in glitter from a party he went to the night before. I wish I could go to all these parties, I even had to miss the Capcom one that I was invited to because we are just so busy working, we were still filming some extra footage for the next day past 9.

So there is one more day, any guys here at PAX reading this thread come by booth 121 with the blimp and say hello!

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i'll try maybe

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    i'll try maybe

And try you did, really classy walking up to where a guy is working and asking his co-workers, "Hey where is the furry?" :lol:

So the show is over, thanks a lot guys, those of you that did show up and said hello. Though I'm a bit mad at a few of you fat assholes that quickly said hi and ran off before I could get a group photo. I wanted to get as many PAers as I could in a pic and was so bumbed when like 4 of you showed up and didn't stick around long enough for me to get out a camera, oh well...

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    shit man sorry. it was past 5 (time foromegathon) and I'm running everywhere and I forgot your screen name. I was like (is it lone_wolf, span_wolf, i know there's a ... fuck it) "where's the furry?"

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    shit man sorry. it was past 5 (time foromegathon) and I'm running everywhere and I forgot your screen name. I was like (is it lone_wolf, span_wolf, i know there's a ... fuck it) "where's the furry?"

It's cool man, was I as big a freak as you expected?

Anyway the rest of you that I saw better be posting in this thread. I'll be posting the 2 pics I got with forumers later, there would have been many more but people ran off too quickly because I was filming. Oh and I'll see if I can get the 6 or so forumers I interviewed on the air posted too.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cumsquat!

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Cumsquat!

Yeah good one, I got Atlus on the fucking air and asked him what he wanted to see at PAX. Guess what he said! :?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cumsquat!

Yeah good one, I got Atlus on the fucking air and asked him what he wanted to see at PAX. Guess what he said! :?

I was the straight man. :D

Polago on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Polago wrote: »
    Cumsquat!

Yeah you said you were at PAX for the biddies on the air...

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Polago wrote: »
    Cumsquat!

Yeah you said you were at PAX for the biddies on the air...

Yes. I was the straight man.

hurr

Polago on
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thought we were pretty well behaved all things considered.

ArcticXC on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    A good time had by all!

Polago on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That was one hell of a blimp. I was impressed. Folks at the booth were nice as well, I'm impressed the broadcasting was 24hrs.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Threepio wrote: »
    That was one hell of a blimp. I was impressed. Folks at the booth were nice as well, I'm impressed the broadcasting was 24hrs.

Yeah people were watching the fat security guards wandering around in the middle of the night. About the blimp, we unfortunately were not able to let it loose. We had a remote control for it and a camera on the front. We wanted to fly it around the con space and record from the air.

Thanks for swinging by and saying hi though.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I saw the uFRAG TV booth but had no clue what it was. I passed several times and saw people that looked like they had no idea what PAX was and being interviewed. I even stuck around for one interview of the dude from the Avatar booth. That dude seemed to be a robot as he said pretty much the exact same thing when I was in the Avatar game demo. I might check out the site... uFRAG TV did send me a twitter so... maybe.
    Kinda felt like Tweet spam...

Jeppy on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    You should be at the next PAX I go to because a blimp flying around with a camera is badass.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You're asking PIKAPUFF if he thought you were a freak? Hah. Good one.

Also, I didn't see the blimp.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jeppy wrote: »
    I saw the uFRAG TV booth but had no clue what it was. I passed several times and saw people that looked like they had no idea what PAX was and being interviewed. I even stuck around for one interview of the dude from the Avatar booth. That dude seemed to be a robot as he said pretty much the exact same thing when I was in the Avatar game demo. I might check out the site... uFRAG TV did send me a twitter so... maybe.
    Kinda felt like Tweet spam...

Why did you get a tweet? Are you a developer of some sort?
    You're asking PIKAPUFF if he thought you were a freak? Hah. Good one.

Also, I didn't see the blimp.
    Wow man, it was 13 feet long and attached to the booth, you just had to crane your head like 2 inches upwards to see it.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    MuRRizzLeMuRRizzLe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys!

On behalf of UFragTV, I would just like to say thank you to everyone that was able to view our stream and get our name out there with the community. Thanks to viewers like you, we had record numbers and were able to get our hands on countless "schwag" for the fans like yourselves.

It's awesome seeing a major convention allow us to spread the word and bring coverage directly to the gamers :P Don't forget that we will be streaming a number of other events including the Philly VGExpo & Big Apple Con in October, as well as (drum roll) quite possible TGS.

Be sure to get everyone you know to check out UFragTV as we look to bring communities like your own everything you want from developers!

Thank you again for everything guys, this is only the beginning! PAX East anybody? :D

P.S. Blimpy will live on! Free blimpy!! :P

MuRRizzLe on
  • Options
    JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Wow man, it was 13 feet long and attached to the booth, you just had to crane your head like 2 inches upwards to see it.
    Well... I got the Tweet because of what I do for work. I can not say what I do but it does involve the gaming industry. It is a hush hush kinda job that if I told you I would have to kill you....

Jeppy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Well... I got the Tweet because of what I do for work. I can not say what I do but it does involve the gaming industry. It is a hush hush kinda job that if I told you I would have to kill you....

Doesn't sound hush hush if it's getting you on lists for tweets..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Well suffice to say it was our viewers sending out tweets. They were literally tweeting all the devs at the con saying, "OMG we want to see you on the show, please do an interview with them" and they literally came over. I really think it's awesome when viewers at home can to a point dictate what's on the show and what they want to see via the power of mass tweeting.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Oh well you may not be able to tell me publically, but I'm sure you're allowed to tell the Prime Minister. :winky:

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Oh well you may not be able to tell me publically, but I'm sure you're allowed to tell the Prime Minister. :winky:

Oh you're a clever one.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    here are some pictures of forumers;
    IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

Really sucky candid shots because everybody wouldn't get together for a group photo.

Anyway here's some more shots for people that wish they were there;
    Click for PAX PIX
    Feel free to ask questions about any particular picture.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Man, they should totally let you fly the blimp next year

or at least around the convention center, if they don't want it in the expo hall

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Man, they should totally let you fly the blimp next year

or at least around the convention center, if they don't want it in the expo hall
    At first they were hesitant, safety reasons and all. But by the end, they really wanted to let us use it, everybody including other exhibitors thought it was awesome. It has definitely become a "next time" thing.

The_Spaniard on
This discussion has been closed.