As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Irredeemable Ant-Thread (NSF56k?)

BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
edited March 2007 in Graphic Violence
ant.png
Hey there, you may or may not have heard about this new superhero on the block, Ant-Man! I know some of you are thinking "Ant-Man isn't new! Hank Pym has been Ant-Man for decades!" yeah, well shut up and sit down smarty pants. I'm here to tell you about the new Ant-Man.
399px-ANTMAN001_colcov.png
Eric O'Grady is possibly the biggest dirtbag to ever become a super"hero". He is an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent whose best friend, Chris McCarthy, stole an Ant-Man prototype suit after accidently knocking out Hank Pym(Whom he was supposed to be guarding). The whole "Enemy of the State" thing happened and the Helicarrier was attacked, long story short, Chris was killed accidently by Eric, Eric stole the Ant-Man suit and got away. Oh, did I mention the book follows two seperate timelines? Yeah, one before and one after Civil War, it gets pretty complicated. I won't spoil it all for you but I will tell you Eric almost has sex with Chris' ex-girlfriend on Chris' grave. I told you he was a dirtbag.

Anyways, pick up the book and read to see what depraved lengths Eric will go to get some good-old fashioned poon-tang.

Here's some preview art for Irredeemable Ant-Man #7, where Cory Walker will take over for Phil Hester on art duties.
ANTMAN007_DC.jpg
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/AntMan/07/antman_007_004-005inks.jpg
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/AntMan/07/antman_007_010-011inks.jpg
(Linked for slight H-Scroll rapeage.)
antman_007_012inks.jpg
antman_007_016inks.jpg
antman_007_020inks.jpg

SIG.gif
Blankspace on

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, they didn't really have sex on Chris's grave. It came close though.

But, yeah, Eric's a douchebag, but he's fun to watch and gets up to some funny things. How can you not love a guy who actually uses his powers for personal gain? He looks at women shower...I mean, why else would you be Ant-Man? You motherfuckers need to buy this book so I can continue to cheer on the worst person to ever become a costumed hero.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've got a thing for flawed heroes, so I love this book. And I don't mean flawed as in dramatically flawed, like being an alcoholic, a spouse abuser, or anything like that. Nah, I like the flaws that you can find in nine out of ten people on the street. That's what Eric O'Grady is, the man on the street. He's kind of a jerk, though he still does the right thing, he's pretty much a sleaze, but dosn't cross the line into full-on Creepy Town, and he abuses his superpowers, but still manages to use them to do good.

Plus Phil Hester has just been rocking the goddamn house on the pencils, along with his longtime inking partner Ande Parks and Bill Crabtree (also known as the colorist/William from Invincible) doing colors.

It's just so damn good. A real guilty pleasure kind of book.

Munch on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Any trades of this out? I hear absolutely nothing but praise for this comic, but I'm not interesting in starting another single issue collection.

Regina Fong on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The first digest hits in June I think.

deadonthestreet on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Any trades of this out? I hear absolutely nothing but praise for this comic, but I'm not interesting in starting another single issue collection.

Digest format instead of trades, apparently, with one to be released soonish.

Which is weird, because usually they reserve that for all ages titles.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    :v: to the digest. This shit needs a proper TPB to appreciate the penciling being done on the book.

Looking to the future, if Hester ever leaves the book, I'd pray for Stuart Immonen to get the gig. It'd only be possible if the book picks up sales though. Immonen commands too much dinero to be doing small circulation books.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe it'll get a hardcover like Runaways.

I mean, hasn't everything else Kirkman has done been given a hardcover at one point or another?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I picked up issues 1, 2, and 4-6 at my local store today, and it is crazy awesome. I actually found myself lol'ing. Even the Irredeema-Mail page got some laughs. Plus I like the costume.

Dondums on
    internet