As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey Hey You You I don't like your [chat] Thread

• NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh Mormans.

My first interaction with them was a girl in my elementary school (this was 1st grade, so we were about 6ish) who wouldn't participate in singing Halloween songs in music class. I asked her why, and she responded that it was the Devil's holiday. From a very young age I have realized Mormans to be batshit insane.

Nocturne on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Swine FluPAX '09?

Still wish I could have made it.

Man what?

This shit is Swine Flu?

Holy fuck.

Apparently there was something on the twitter feed? About swine flu being confirmed at pax. I doubt any of us got it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    I found my religion!

"it"-ism?
    Rap pioneer KRS-One has bigger plans for Hip-Hop as he's announced that he will soon release The Gospel of Hip Hop: The First Instrument, a 600-page book that examines the spirituality of the culture.

The Boogie Down Production’s “Teacha” said his new spiritual book will help form a new Hip-Hop religion on earth.
    Kneel, motherfuckers.
    Dude’s the next Sun Ra.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    or

happiest-chair-in-the-world.jpg

Tav on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    I found my religion!

"it"-ism?
    Rap pioneer KRS-One has bigger plans for Hip-Hop as he's announced that he will soon release The Gospel of Hip Hop: The First Instrument, a 600-page book that examines the spirituality of the culture.

The Boogie Down Production’s “Teacha” said his new spiritual book will help form a new Hip-Hop religion on earth.
    Kneel, motherfuckers.

I dunno. I'm a pretty strong believer of Thug Life.

_J_ on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also, _J_, this should not be suprising. The level of cognitive dissonance involved in getting around some kind of Bigamy in the Aferlife clause is quite trivial as far as these things go.

Consider the fact that in the Gospels Jesus speaks more clearly (no parables, direct commandments) and more forcefully on the subject of Divorce than just about any other. Dude was absolutely against divorce for any reason. St. Paul even took him to task a bit in his letters for being too strict.

So we have a subject on which The Man himself is recorded in multiple gospels in a clear and completely unambigious way (no allegory, no metaphores, no parables) saying DO NOT GET DIVORCED MOTHERFUCKERS. And yet millions of self-identifying Christians have absolutely no trouble in working around that.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's a tie so far between Tav, with the chair, and Greeper, with the duck cat.

Which one will win?

Round 2!

Passerbye on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    I found my religion!

"it"-ism?

Kneel, motherfuckers.

I dunno. I'm a pretty strong believer of Thug Life.

You just like the Pineapple Express trailer.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't think I want OS X on my computer anymore.

Windows 7 would treat me much better. Wouldn't give me all the bullshit.
    OS X wouldn’t either if you ran it on Apple hardware, but I know that’s not what you’re looking for.
    As much as I would like a MacBook Pro I'm unwilling to pay that much for one.
    Yeah, that’s fine.

I’d just say it’s unfair to judge the software based on your attempts to do something it’s specifically not meant to do. :P

No, it's not the operating system's fault. I think Apple should be more receptive towards this sort of thing, though. They could release a more expensive "developer's" version that wasn't so restrictive. I mean if Windows can boot up and install on all different kinds of hardware then Apple should be able to figure it out too, but they don't want to lose hardware sales.

Sarksus on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Swine FluPAX '09?

Still wish I could have made it.

Man what?

This shit is Swine Flu?

Holy fuck.

Apparently there was something on the twitter feed? About swine flu being confirmed at pax. I doubt any of us got it.
    Info on it is here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=100259

Senjutsu on
    edited September 2009
    Oh Mormans.

My first interaction with thme was a girl in my elementary school (this was 1st grade, so we were about 6ish) who wouldn't participate in singing Halloween songs in music class. I asked her why, and she responded that it was the Devil's holiday. From a very young age I have realized Mormans to be batshit insane.

No worse than Jehovas witnesses, annoying little bastards always telling you "I don't celebrate that, I don't celebrate this." I always felt sad for the jehovas kids, no birthdays or christmas. Sounded like the cheapskate parent religion.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I'm about halfway through Morris Klein's Mathematics for Liberal Arts. Kline is a true sophomore who knows much but understands nothing. He's good for the pure math stuff, but jesus christ is he an abominable historian and thinker.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2009
    Kitten and real chick:

cute.jpeg

Sarksus on
    edited September 2009

OS X wouldn’t either if you ran it on Apple hardware, but I know that’s not what you’re looking for.
    Yeah, that’s fine.

I’d just say it’s unfair to judge the software based on your attempts to do something it’s specifically not meant to do. :P
    No, it's not the operating system's fault. I think Apple should be more receptive towards this sort of thing, though. They could release a more expensive "developer's" version that wasn't so restrictive. I mean if Windows can boot up and install on all different kinds of hardware then Apple should be able to figure it out too, but they don't want to lose hardware sales.
    Hardware is generally estimated to clear 30% profit for them, so I wouldn’t count on it.

stilist on
    edited September 2009
    Also, _J_, this should not be suprising. The level of cognitive dissonance involved in getting around some kind of Bigamy in the Aferlife clause is quite trivial as far as these things go.

Consider the fact that in the Gospels Jesus speaks more clearly (no parables, direct commandments) and more forcefully on the subject of Divorce than just about any other. Dude was absolutely against divorce for any reason. St. Paul even took him to task a bit in his letters for being too strict.

So we have a subject on which The Man himself is recorded in multiple gospels in a clear and completely unambigious way (no allegory, no metaphores, no parables) saying DO NOT GET DIVORCED MOTHERFUCKERS. And yet millions of self-identifying Christians have absolutely no trouble in working around that.

What's odd is that, on the sidewalk, the Mormons spoke of Joseph Smith as pretty much tantamount to Jesus Christ. As if these are simply two prophets.

Also, I love this episode: "The book of mormon says a lot of strange stuff...like Adam and Eve lived in Jackson county, Missouri."

_J_ on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you know people sometimes accuse me of being an elaborate fraud and unrealistic caricature of a human being

and that all my crazy anecdotes are made up

i just shrug at that, really. i have no other reaction to it. it's sorta unfortunate that people think like that, but i can't really do anything about it, so

c'est la vie, i suppose

Pony on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alright, we have a winnar.

Sarks comes up from behind!

cute.jpeg

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009

Yeah, that’s fine.

It's not about figuring it out. 3rd parties write drivers for Microsoft, so it's not like Microsoft figures this shit out either.

OS X won't boot on most PCs because of a combination of

a) No drivers for particular bits of hardware.

and

b) No support for legacy BIOS-based mobos. Which honestly is healthy call considering they don't manufacture computers that use a BIOS and BIOSes are way past their best-before date

Senjutsu on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Boyattack.jpg

Tav on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    I should try for another Rushdie that isn't Haroun, because that was kinda lightweight.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    It's a tie so far between Tav, with the chair, and Greeper, with the duck cat.

Which one will win?

Round 2!

Take this!
    hm_01.jpg

Greeper on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh Mormans.

My first interaction with thme was a girl in my elementary school (this was 1st grade, so we were about 6ish) who wouldn't participate in singing Halloween songs in music class. I asked her why, and she responded that it was the Devil's holiday. From a very young age I have realized Mormans to be batshit insane.

No worse than Jehovas witnesses, annoying little bastards always telling you "I don't celebrate that, I don't celebrate this." I always felt sad for the jehovas kids, no birthdays or christmas. Sounded like the cheapskate parent religion.

I used to live like 2 miles from a Jehovah's Witnesses meeting hall

They would come to my lower-middle class neighborhood to talk to people

They skipped my one neighbor altogether and I would just stand near an open window and sing happy birthday really loudly from out of sight and yeah I did not like them (this was partly because the ones who always came down my street were assholes)

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    you know people sometimes accuse me of being an elaborate fraud and unrealistic caricature of a human being

i just shrug at that, really. i have no other reaction to it. it's sorta unfortunate that people think like that, but i can't really do anything about it, so

c'est la vie, i suppose

You and Joseph Smith would get along well.

_J_ on
    edited September 2009
    That too Preach. I knew some Jehovah's witness kids that were also weird.

Also even if Pony was fake, I wouldn't want him to stop posting.

Nocturne on
    edited September 2009
    Senj always knows more than me.

stilist on
    edited September 2009
    Too late, Greep. Sorry. :)

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    That too Preach. I knew some Jehova's witness kids that were also weird.

Also even if Pony was fake, I wouldn't want him to stop posting.

I personally think as a young child your parents should give you all the silly holidays, whatever your religion. Being left out of fun as a young child is bullshit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2009
    I like the idea that Pony is real.

It supports many of the crazy ideas I have for things I want to try one day.

After all, Pony should have died dozens of times and is still alive, so it's possible.

Greeper on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

What's odd is that, on the sidewalk, the Mormons spoke of Joseph Smith as pretty much tantamount to Jesus Christ. As if these are simply two prophets.

Also, I love this episode: "The book of mormon says a lot of strange stuff...like Adam and Eve lived in Jackson county, Missouri."

Even if they watch it, and probably it will be good for a giggle as South Park usually is, that is the easiest thing in the world to ignore. They will just pull out some version of the "oh that's just predjudiced anti-mormon propaganda" defense.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited September 2009
    you know i have known mormons and jw's who weren't weirdos and creepy bible-thumping assholes

they do exist

i have no idea whether they are the minority or what

i generally avoid dealing with them folk if i can

Pony on
    edited September 2009
    Whatever drivers are written and included in the Windows installation disc can be written and included on the OS X installation disk if Apple wanted that to happen. Regarding BIOS, I don't care, Hitler!

Sarksus on
    edited September 2009
    Senj always knows more than me.

You would all do well to learn from stilist's example and admit this to yourselves

Senjutsu on
    edited September 2009

No, fuck you, you didn't say there was a time limit.

I want my shitty cookies.

Greeper on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

c'est la vie, i suppose

We're like mirror-images or something

You have done all kinds of ridiculous shit

I've done...nothing really

Sometimes I read your posts and then I curl up in the fetal position and cry over my sad, empty shell of a life

Then I beat off because that's the only joy I have in this life

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009
    I also find it hilarious that Jehovah's Witnesses think that Heaven has a limit to the number of people allowed in, surely due to some fire code.

Nocturne on
    edited September 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    I like the idea that Pony is real.

It supports many of the crazy ideas I have for things I want to try one day.

After all, Pony should have died dozens of times and is still alive, so it's possible.

please learn from my mistakes, at least

you know that demotivator poster that's like "Sometimes the only purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others"?

that's basically me

Pony on
    edited September 2009

It's not a matter of a time limit. It's that Sarks posted a cuter photo than both you and Tav.

And calling them 'shitty' cookies is a fantastic way of getting them. :P

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

c'est la vie, i suppose

We're like mirror-images or something

You have done all kinds of ridiculous shit

I've done...nothing really

Sometimes I read your posts and then I curl up in the fetal position and cry over my sad, empty shell of a life

Then I beat off because that's the only joy I have in this life

Pony once had an intense, intense drug addled hallucination that he committed statutory rape against his friend's adorable baby sister.

You don't want to be Pony.

Greeper on
    edited September 2009
    Whatever drivers are written and included in the Windows installation disc can be written and included on the OS X installation disk if Apple wanted that to happen. Regarding BIOS, I don't care, Hitler!

Man there is no way every third party taiwanese manufacturer is going to hire and fund someone to write OS X drivers even if Apple wanted them to.

It sure as shit didn't work for Be, and Linux devs end up reverse engineering driver support in the majority of cases

Senjutsu on
    edited September 2009

It's not a matter of a time limit. It's that Sarks posted a cuter photo than both you and Tav.

And calling them 'shitty' cookies is a fantastic way of getting them. :P

I USE SHITTY AS A GENERIC INTENSIFIER THE WAY SOME PEOPLE USE 'IRONIC' OR 'FUCKING'

OKAY?

Greeper on
This discussion has been closed.