As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey Hey You You I don't like your [chat] Thread

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    you know people sometimes accuse me of being an elaborate fraud and unrealistic caricature of a human being

and that all my crazy anecdotes are made up

i just shrug at that, really. i have no other reaction to it. it's sorta unfortunate that people think like that, but i can't really do anything about it, so

c'est la vie, i suppose

We're like mirror-images or something

You have done all kinds of ridiculous shit

I've done...nothing really

Sometimes I read your posts and then I curl up in the fetal position and cry over my sad, empty shell of a life

Then I beat off because that's the only joy I have in this life

you know what was pretty bad?

when i was on the effexor recently, it caused anorgasmia

it removed my ability to orgasm

like, i could get it up, and use it, and that would feel nice

but i could never finish

ever

that was hell

i am glad i am not on that drug anymore

Pony on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah you told me that at one point

One of those things I could have done without knowing duder

Me Too! on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To clarify: many/most drivers on a windows install disc are not written by Microsoft.

Senjutsu on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Whatever drivers are written and included in the Windows installation disc can be written and included on the OS X installation disk if Apple wanted that to happen. Regarding BIOS, I don't care, Hitler!

Microsoft itself doesn't write drivers. Or at least very few. They work with the hardware manufacuters to get drivers from them to include on the disk.

And, beyond pure profit, another reason Apple doesn't go this route is they want to maintain their false impression of technical competence over Windows.

You know when you get a crash and you get that "send error report to microsoft" things? Well from all the hundreds of millions of those that have ever been sent an absolutely absurd number are a result of shitty driver code made by people other than Microsoft (over 50% from video card drivers alone). But Windows gets the blame.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What a coincidence, Anorgasmia was the name of my dog.

That's not true.

Nocturne on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you know people sometimes accuse me of being an elaborate fraud and unrealistic caricature of a human being

and that all my crazy anecdotes are made up

i just shrug at that, really. i have no other reaction to it. it's sorta unfortunate that people think like that, but i can't really do anything about it, so

c'est la vie, i suppose

We're like mirror-images or something

You have done all kinds of ridiculous shit

I've done...nothing really

Sometimes I read your posts and then I curl up in the fetal position and cry over my sad, empty shell of a life

Then I beat off because that's the only joy I have in this life

like, i could get it up, and use it, and that would feel nice

but i could never finish

ever

that was hell

i am glad i am not on that drug anymore

Dude, that sounds amazing.

I remember the very first time I orgasmed and I thought: This is it, my ability to masturbate for 9+ hours a day is gone.

I cried I think.

Greeper on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Most mormons are aware that their religion is batshit, in my experience

Casual Eddy on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Whatever drivers are written and included in the Windows installation disc can be written and included on the OS X installation disk if Apple wanted that to happen. Regarding BIOS, I don't care, Hitler!

Man there is no way every third party taiwanese manufacturer is going to hire and fund someone to write OS X drivers even if Apple wanted them to.

It sure as shit didn't work for Be, and Linux devs end up reverse engineering driver support in the majority of cases

I want OS X on my shitty computer!

wahhhhhhh
    here comes the wahhhhhmbulance

Sarksus on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    I USE SHITTY AS A GENERIC INTENSIFIER THE WAY SOME PEOPLE USE 'IRONIC' OR 'FUCKING'

OKAY?

You can't just make up usages for a word, especially when those usages don't make a lick of sense.

Shitty cookies. Pfeh. See if you get to compete in the cute photo contest ever again.
    <3

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009

So they're similar to a lot of Catholics?

Nocturne on
    edited September 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I also find it hilarious that Jehovah's Witnesses think that Heaven has a limit to the number of people allowed in, surely due to some fire code.

If you go with their translation of the Bible, and actually believe in the book of course, then the occupancy limit is quite clear.

Just a good example of why good translations are so important.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've actually had really good experiences with every Mormon I ever met, which is something around 20-30.

They never really made any hay about their religion. They gave off the impression of caring more about gaming than anything else.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    you know i have known mormons and jw's who weren't weirdos and creepy bible-thumping assholes

Their maintaining the belief makes the weirdos. One of the things which irritates me (of the great many things which irritate me) is when people seperate a person's belief from the person's way of acting.

_J_ on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also I'm aware that the drivers aren't written exclusively by Microsoft. I kept my post vague for that reason.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2009
    I mean

I don't even jerk it very often anymore

I literally have no excitement in my life

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009

I'm pretty sure that the guys who stopped me on the sidewalk do not think their religion batshit crazy.

_J_ on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    you know i have known mormons and jw's who weren't weirdos and creepy bible-thumping assholes

Their maintaining the belief makes the weirdos. One of the things which irritates me (of the great many things which irritate me) is when people seperate a person's belief from the person's way of acting.

explain

i am not sure what you mean here

Pony on
    edited September 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I USE SHITTY AS A GENERIC INTENSIFIER THE WAY SOME PEOPLE USE 'IRONIC' OR 'FUCKING'

OKAY?

You can't just make up usages for a word, especially when those usages don't make a lick of sense.

Shitty cookies. Pfeh. See if you get to compete in the cute photo contest ever again.
    <3

No, bullshit! Of course I can.

I can do whatever the hell I want.

You know who else made up usages for words: SHAKESPEARE

It's how language changes. By my whim, just like how everything else on this sad planet happens. Mwhahahahahahahahha.

Greeper on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009

I saw Jack Nicholson's butt in Something's Gotta Give.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I know most religions are a dodge for a power grab, mormonism seems to distinctly limit females so as to always put them under males in a really ugly way.

Great the fucking moron brought her baby to work today, smart lady I might have swine flu and you've got your suspectible to life threatening flu 6 month old.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Man there is no way every third party taiwanese manufacturer is going to hire and fund someone to write OS X drivers even if Apple wanted them to.

It sure as shit didn't work for Be, and Linux devs end up reverse engineering driver support in the majority of cases

I want OS X on my shitty computer!

wahhhhhhh
    here comes the wahhhhhmbulance

suck it up babby

if I can hackintosh so can you

although I still have yet to try it with snow leopard

Senjutsu on
    edited September 2009

Yeah.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited September 2009

explain

He's saying that it's not okay to be like "Yeah that person's beliefs are crazy, but he's actually a cool dude and not that crazy."

I could get behind him on this when talking about, say, neo-nazis, but not so much with most organized religions.

Nocturne on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    The one Mormon girl I knew was really nice. She moved.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yes how dare those people not judge them by something that 9 times out 10 will not be an issue.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2009
    I've actually had really good experiences with every Mormon I ever met, which is something around 20-30.

They never really made any hay about their religion. They gave off the impression of caring more about gaming than anything else.

Well this discussion got started specificially talking about Mormon missionaries. To give some context.

Though a disturbingly high percentage of Mormons are missionaries at some time in their lives.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I mean

Let me cough on you.

You can have the excitement of a life an death struggle.

Incenjucar on
    edited September 2009

So their similar to a lot of Catholics?

most of any religion, really

Ask an everyday christian if they think people can rise from the dead, and they'll probably say no. But they believe in the ressurection, right? And of them believe that jesus will return someday. But if someone says they're jesus they're probably going to think they're crazy.

That is one thing that athiests get wrong, most religious people, I think, don't believe in literal interpretation of scriptures. It's not about that, it's usually how they were raised, it provides a sense of right and wrong, a sense of community and comfort. It's like any other facet of culture.

Casual Eddy on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm sure Passerbye's cookies are fantastic.

yalborap on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sarks, damn you, stop being chivalrous.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009

Well this discussion got started specificially talking about Mormon missionaries. To give some context.

Though a disturbingly high percentage of Mormons are missionaries at some time in their lives.

Maybe that's why they were so chill.

They got it out of their system.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I knew a couple of JH girls. One of them was pretty :winky: and enjoyed coming over to my place after school.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a suspicion there would be a reason kernel modules for BSD couldn't be used with OSX. This is apparently the case, but I'm not certain what it is.

japan on
    edited September 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I mean

Let me cough on you.

You can have the excitement of a life an death struggle.

Unless you have the plague it's not going to work

And even then I'll find some way to not catch it

Because I am just that fucking boring

Please kill me

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    I'm sure Passerbye's cookies are fantastic.

Oh, aren't you sweet.
    Nice try, but Sarks is the one who won. :P

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    I masturbate all the goddamn time

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2009
    J, people can believe things that aren't true if they want.

The truth, the objective, universal truth, if you believe in such a thing, isn't that important.

Some of the most beautiful things in the world are lies.

Religion, even stupid, nonsense religions, can excuse people doing terrifying things and encourage horrific actions.

And also bring hope and joy and a reason to stay alive.

So let's not judge, or shred people's religious views out of a twisted sense of 'fun', okay?

Greeper on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

OKAY?

<3

No, bullshit! Of course I can.

I can do whatever the hell I want.

You know who else made up usages for words: SHAKESPEARE

It's how language changes. By my whim, just like how everything else on this sad planet happens. Mwhahahahahahahahha.
    This is true

Every noise Shakespeare ever uttered was added to the English language

Elendil on
    edited September 2009

explain

I think a good example is Mike Huckabee.

Mike Huckabee can tell Chuck Norris jokes, act pleasantly, and be generally cheerful. But he's also a crazy wingnut ultra-conservative who, if your sister were raped and became pregnant, would force her to have the child. So if someone assesses Mike Huckabee soley on his "being a nice guy" without recognizing the batshittery of his beliefs I get pissed off. Because Mike Huckabee is a malevolent shitstain whose beliefs make him intolerable despite his ability to tell Chuck Norris jokes.

That's my issue. When we say "Oh, this person acts nicely in social situations" and ignore things like the person's belief that if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant we need to prevent her from having an abortion at all costs, thus ensuring that the rape-baby is born and is a burden on the welfare of the rape victim.

_J_ on
    edited September 2009

So their similar to a lot of Catholics?

most of any religion, really

Ask an everyday christian if they think people can rise from the dead, and they'll probably say no. But they believe in the ressurection, right? And of them believe that jesus will return someday. But if someone says they're jesus they're probably going to think they're crazy.

That is one thing that athiests get wrong, most religious people, I think, don't believe in literal interpretation of scriptures. It's not about that, it's usually how they were raised, it provides a sense of right and wrong, a sense of community and comfort. It's like any other facet of culture.

This is true. I just think the cognitive dissonance is more evident with Catholics than say Methodists, due to the stricter and more dogmatic nature of Catholic beliefs, and the fact that they seem to ignore so many facets of their religion just as frequently as other sects.

Nocturne on
This discussion has been closed.