As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Cosplay '09 [It's Over!]

1141516171820»

• Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was the Altier with boots and the pointed hood. Some of you guys got pictures with me and I was in such shock the first 2 days I forgot to get any myself, so PM or email me (slipstream0@gmail.com) if you got some.

Here is what I got, PM or e-mail me if you want the original - http://picasaweb.google.com/slipstream0/PAX2009#

PS: Goddessofkats - is that your harley quinn I have a picture with?

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was the Altier with boots and the pointed hood. Some of you guys got pictures with me and I was in such shock the first 2 days I forgot to get any myself, so PM or email me (slipstream0@gmail.com) if you got some.

Here is what I got, PM or e-mail me if you want the original - http://picasaweb.google.com/slipstream0/PAX2009#

XD yes that IS me! i totally remember you too!

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AmleyaAmleya Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And I posted in the Picture and Video Index thread too....

Did anyone by any chance get a picture of me as Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You on either Friday or Saturday? Looks like this.
    3890301172_bca4b246c4.jpg

And I was Sebastian from KuroShitsuji (He's in a game now yay) on Sunday who looks like this
    3896906153_7b33e541d3.jpg
    <-- I look horrible in this one but it's all I could find. If you didn't see me fullbody... I had those vivid red contacts!

Amleya on
    You can view my cosplays here! http://amleya.deviantart.com
  • Options
    SaxySaxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Aw, you were such a great Harley Quinn, Goddess! (I was the girl in the Racer Girl shirt w/ the guy dressed up as Vault Boy on Sunday. The ones you thought were from Speed Racer. ;) ) I'm sad I missed your Perfect Dark costume, though!

Saxy on
  • Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Awesome :D I tried to hunt you down Saturday while I was in costume too, but had no luck. Thanks for the great picture, its one of my favorites

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    JynxJynx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    bombardier wrote: »
    You TF2 dudes from Vancouver were awesome. I was wearing a headcrab hat and bugged the heavy for his Steam ID at one point.
    ]

Thanks Bombardier! We had lots of fun ^___^ This is a great shot of Heavy and I.
    I would love to grab a higher resolution of it if you have one. And if anyone else snapped a shot of us, please send it my way. <3 Thank you!

P.S. I was also dressed as Jessie (Team Rocket) from Pokemon on Friday if anyone saw me then either.

Jynx on
  • Options
    JynxJynx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    man I wish I could have stayed in my costume longer... Was planning on staying in it all of Saturday but it was just too damn hot!
    I'll have to perfect/tweak it for next year...
    More ventilation and a lighter medi-gun... will have to figure something out for the gloves too...

Oy you Vancouver peoples! Send me your steam information! We'll have to exchange costume ideas and whatnot. I was not happy with my costume and I'd like to perfect it for next year at AE...

Overall though, I saw a LOT of TF2 costumes! Was soooo happy too see that Soldier.

And now for a picture of me in front of the first aid room :winky:
    DSC_0060.jpg

Hey Serenity. Yeah, we saw you earlier this year but missed you at PAX :( We didn't make it to the TF2 meet up (we were in the Beatles Rockband line). But luckily we ran into a bunch of the teams while walking around. ^____^ My steam (Scout) is: =LB=Jynx

We'll see you next year at AE!

Also, awesome job Zombicus! You were dashing.

Jynx on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Only ended up sporting my Starfleet Uniform on the latter half of Sunday, but it was worth it! The awesome folks at the STO booth gave me one of their press shirts 8-) I about died on the spot.

Any of you who happened by the Star Trek Online booth might have seen me blasting Klingons to kingdom come - sadly my camera was dead so I have no pictures of myself, but I know a few people took some pictures, if I could get a link I'd really appreciate it!

Saw some amazing cosplays this year - kept running into Spiderman (really wanted a picture with him), also the guys from Army of Two and that humongous Rachet and Clank cosplayer that hung out by the Playstation booth, he was awesome. Great job this year, can't wait to see what shows up at PAX East!

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Saxy wrote: »

Aw, you were such a great Harley Quinn, Goddess! (I was the girl in the Racer Girl shirt w/ the guy dressed up as Vault Boy on Sunday. The ones you thought were from Speed Racer. ;) ) I'm sad I missed your Perfect Dark costume, though!

I felt so lame after that! but i also thought captain falcon was from speed racer. apparently i really wanted to see speed racer???

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    Jynx wrote: »
    You TF2 dudes from Vancouver were awesome. I was wearing a headcrab hat and bugged the heavy for his Steam ID at one point.
    ]

Thanks Bombardier! We had lots of fun ^___^ This is a great shot of Heavy and I.
    I would love to grab a higher resolution of it if you have one. And if anyone else snapped a shot of us, please send it my way. <3 Thank you!

P.S. I was also dressed as Jesse (Team Rocket) from Pokemon on Friday if anyone saw me then either.

Yeah, I remember seeing you as Jesse too and thinking "wait, Jesse isn't a girl, but it makes sense in a way".

PM'd you the full sizes of whatever I took of you guys.

bombardier on
  • Options
    Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I wish there had been more time to get on the forums before PAX this year . . . I was in the old school Penguin costume (Burgess Meredith style) and would have loved to meet up with you guys to get pictures and share beers :-)

I saw some of the TF2 teams as well as many others . . . wide variety of awesome costumes this year!

oh my gosh, someone told me you were the penguin, and i was on the lookout for you! darn. let's dress up and get together for that beer. lol

Totally down :-) Except I'll be coming as the Penguin on vacation in a sunny climate; man, that tux was hot-hot-hot! How could you breathe in your PVC??

Royale Wih Cheese on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    millislim wrote: »
    Man, I wish there had been more time to get on the forums before PAX this year . . . I was in the old school Penguin costume (Burgess Meredith style) and would have loved to meet up with you guys to get pictures and share beers :-)

I saw some of the TF2 teams as well as many others . . . wide variety of awesome costumes this year!

yeah dude I saw you! I didn't take too many photos...it's kinda hard when you're in a cosplay with only 4 fingers...I was in the big blue winged monster thing...air soldier heartless from Kingdom Hearts 1

Holy shit! You mean I actually ran into you this year! You looked awesome!

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elgaladwen wrote: »
    Last post before I get ready/leave for PAX! (I am going up in my Elika costume. Hope my neighbors don't give me too many weird looks. Hee hee.)

I will see you guys at 12:30 today and the same time on Saturday! Very excited!! :D

I REALLY liked your costume, and I didn't get a picture of it. If you would post or PM a link to a photo, I would certainly appreciate it.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, I didn't get many photos, but at least I got ones of my own costume and of a couple other Persona-series cosplayers. Unfortunately, the lighting was poor on the photos of my own costume, so the silver-gray coloring on my hair did not show through, and I did not have the means to properly color my hair on Sunday, meaning my hair wasn't colored in the last photo. My camera's quality ain't that good either - it's getting up there in age. Oh well.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yes you did! that was me

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    kaoticrequiemkaoticrequiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hello all,

I'd like to know if anyone has any pictures of my costume, since I was very nervous about it. >_< First time I've ever cosplayed, and it was fun, but very uncomfortable as it was way too hot in my Carl (the robot from Automata) get up. Basically, a hood underneath a suit. Anyway, I only was dress for about an hour (maybe an hour and a half) on Saturday. I'd love to do it again next year, if I get some time to work on the mask.

Like I said, I had a lot of fun, since people were super nice about it, but I am also horribly nervous. ^^;

Anyway, thanks. Much love to all of you guys! Cosplaying might be one of my favorite parts about the con, since it doesn't require standing in line or going to a particular spot: you guys are everywhere, and are all so creative/talented/awesome!

See you all next year. :D

kaoticrequiem on
    Knows how to bend it.
  • Options
    prelapsariaprelapsaria Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I can't believe I totally missed the meetup Friday, since I was pretty much wandering aimlessly around the whole area at the time you guys got the group photo-op together. :P But to be fair I was a completely last minute cosplayer, so I didn't even know there was going to BE a meetup. *lol*

Did anyone get a random pic with me Friday? I was Mai Shiranui. And I left my camera in the car for the first half of the day, so I didn't get to get ANY pics that I actually wanted with all the awesomely costumed heroes I saw. D: But great job on all the hard work, everyone!

prelapsaria on
  • Options
    murtemurte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Was so fun to dress up. O M G!

murte on
    PAX Prime 2011
    (+) PAX Prime 3-day - In my hands!
    (+) PAX Dev 2-day - READY
    (+) BYOC - READY
    (+) Hotel - READY
  • Options
    Saturday Matinee BrianSaturday Matinee Brian Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I was the Guile with the epic broom cut on Saturday.

Saturday Matinee Brian on
  • Options
    Rai KamishiroRai Kamishiro Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    This was my first PAX, and I enjoyed it so much~! I was a little nervous cosplaying at a gaming con, but it turned out to be a blast~
    I would appreciate a link to any pictures anyone finds~

Friday: DJ Iroha (Beatmania)/ Rhyme (The World Ends With You)
    Saturday: Main Character (Persona 4)
    Sunday: Joshua (The World Ends With You)

Rai Kamishiro on
  • Options
    Pixel BluePixel Blue Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Eyes5 wrote: »
    Hot dang, I have my costume done. Well, it's really just a hat and backpack, but whatever~
    DSC04918.jpg

I'll also be switching to my metroid hat and Mr. Saturn hat whenever the mood suits me.

I saw you! And I think I said "WOW THAT BACKPACK IS AMAZING" but I didn't get a picture because I always feel too awkward to take pics to cool con people. But your backpack, it is amazing.

Pixel Blue on
  • Options
    OokiiOokii Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    My goal was to take pictures of all of you but I managed to only get 59, they're all up on flickr:

http://flickr.com/mrvoid

Ookii on
  • Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SMBrian- I loved the Guile hair!

Man I was so exhausted after being in the troll costume, I found a few online so far of me like this one
    3903430935_e3918e17bf.jpg

It took me a while to get the energy to hop into the shower and a lot of sponge scrubby to get my paint off. I wanna do it again for halloween maybe. The best was waving to people in the transit tunnel from the lightrail and seeing their confused faces!

chrisstie on
  • Options
    BozkoBozko Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a couple pics taken of me as Leeroy Jenkins from WoW and my Pokemon Breeder Cosplay from friday and saturday.

does anyone have some?

Bozko on
    R.O.A.C.H. 's Aluminum Chef~
    SUPER VILLAINS UNITE!
    JOIN R.O.A.C.H. Today!
    The Destructive Kitchen
    R.O.A.C.H. Home Page
  • Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay, so I'm finally sorting through the photographs I have from last weekend. Had lots of photos taken of me, so hopefully more will surface. I was bummed I didn't run into Guile and Cammy til after I'd changed back into myself, but I managed to find Akuma and Chun Li.

Just me:
    CIMG0073.jpg

With Chun Li:
    CIMG0064.jpg

With Akuma
    CIMG0057.jpg

Mogs on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i got some pictures of some of the cosplayers
    here they are for you all if you want them!
    heavy and medic (by far the best costume there in my humble of humblest opinions)
    IMG_0132.jpg

katamari's little prince:
    IMG_0133.jpg

me and master chief:
    IMG_0135.jpg

pyramid head:
    IMG_0137.jpg

me and fred:
    IMG_0141.jpg

awesome boomer:
    IMG_0144.jpg

amazing robert pattison:
    IMG_0147.jpg

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mogs wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm finally sorting through the photographs I have from last weekend. Had lots of photos taken of me, so hopefully more will surface. I was bummed I didn't run into Guile and Cammy til after I'd changed back into myself, but I managed to find Akuma and Chun Li.

Just me:
    CIMG0073.jpg

With Chun Li:
    CIMG0064.jpg

With Akuma
    CIMG0057.jpg
    Best C. Viper evar! <3

Saxy on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Heh, did anyone happen to catch any pictures of 'Splosion Man & the Big Science guys? We ran around the skybridge for a while on Saturday. :D

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    tf2.jpg
    Any pics of the Medic in this photo floating around? He could give ME a checkup any day! Rawr.

Saxy on
  • Options
    ruzzmastaruzzmasta Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There was someone who had a white mask and a fake sword on their back and i meant to ask where he got the mask at so anyone who had a mask post your pictures becuase i bet i would love to see all of your guys's mask

ruzzmasta on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Penny_Arcade___Mr__Period_by_amberneely.png

Kids, please don't be afraid of me or the rest of the punctuation gang, we just want to be your friends!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ruzzmasta wrote: »
    There was someone who had a white mask and a fake sword on their back and i meant to ask where he got the mask at so anyone who had a mask post your pictures becuase i bet i would love to see all of your guys's mask
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Penny_Arcade___Mr__Period_by_amberneely.png

Kids, please don't be afraid of me or the rest of the punctuation gang, we just want to be your friends!

Made my freakin' day, right there :lol:

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    OzzimoOzzimo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm still looking for any of the group TF2 photos from Friday if anyone has some. Didn't get to take any myself, and that makes me sad. :(

Ozzimo on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    First off, Hail Cobra! (Never got tired of saying that.)

Glad to see so many awesome costumes at PAX.

If anyone has pics of Cobra Commander or the Joker and his gang (Of course, both played by myself.), drop me line.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I took pictures of as many cosplayers as time would allow, and they can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151937&id=679223008&ref=mf

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    Soupy NinjaSoupy Ninja Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Rai Kamishiro - I saw you about a thousand times with your friends on Sunday. I was wearing an Unearth hoodie, and was squashed up against your friend when they where announcing the raffle winners for the Conan booth.

Also! somebody got a cookin mama picture! She cruised past me and I didn't have a chance to get to her.

Soupy Ninja on
  • Options
    nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DaNerd wrote: »
    I took pictures of as many cosplayers as time would allow, and they can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151937&id=679223008&ref=mf

bahah, guy behind her
    6928_171737113008_679223008_3609221_7241477_n.jpg

nerve on
  • Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    nerve wrote: »
    DaNerd wrote: »

bahah, guy behind her
    6928_171737113008_679223008_3609221_7241477_n.jpg

He's actually my coworker, and is laughing because he once again is having to hold my bag so I can pose for a photo. Although without that knowledge, very creepy-looking.

Mogs on
  • Options
    oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm thinking about going as a g-man from Psychonauts.
    I can afford it, but I don't know if I can handle ALL THE PRESSURE!
    Psychonauts_g_man_06_by_NoName47.jpg

Defenitally go!! then you can join our psychonauts group and it will get even bigger than this year was XD we even had a sasha nein this time!

edit::

anyone get piictures of the peach with the barret? and the psychonauts? any pictures out there at all?

oyasumidesu on
This discussion has been closed.