As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

People shout out thread! (missed connections)

SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in PAX Archive
So apparently there is no PAX shout out thread yet so I'm startin' one!
If you met someone and thought "geez I should have gotten their contact info"
Well consider this your second chance!
This thread is for people to post their shout outs to people.

So I'll start this thread off by posting my shout out:

Doin' a shout out to all you awsome people I met at the pub crawl!
I was being a dumb drunk and didn't get any of your contact info...

Mike and Shauna - had a blast with you both!

The shorter brunette girl from Austin who was the same age as me... (Anatalia?) - awsome chattin' it up with you! Glad you had a great time.

And the two people staying at the homewood suites who apparently have lots of video games!! - I'll have to come over and join in some video game fun! Orrr you can always call our room.. 723

Any of you above peoples, contact me!!
You can PM me on email me at: derek34@telus.net

Hope to here from you! 'twas a blast!!
Cheers

- Derek

qxd8or7ouox3.png
Serenity on

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Chris and Leonard from Canada:

I forget whether you post on the forums or not, but if you do I had a blast hanging out with you guys in line. It's not often I get to geek out IRL about Song of Ice and Fire and debate characters and plot points.

The Spy and the Scout who ran up and down the outside line Friday morning. You guys were hilarious. Actually, I think all the TF2 cosplayers were fucking great.

George, forum name Agustus. Best Enforcer ever.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    From the Penguin:

You were a great dancer, Kim; I loved your goggles at the Heaven Nightclub (Succubus Club) party (<3 steampunk)

Also, to the MS playtest chica in the Left 4 Dead line: I didn't realize how creepy it was for us to meet until my buddy and I had abandoned the line as well :-P I think you were a reverse stalker of some type, or maybe a spy. If so, I applaud your ingenuity and persistence, madam. I, too, love the 10x optical zoom :-)

Royale Wih Cheese on
  • iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You beat me to it! :D Mine's gonna be a bit of a shout out / trash talk

The DIMD - You goofy bastard! I only interacted with you once in person and a couple times on the phone! WTF?! Next year, we'd better chill more.

wormdundee - Hanging out was seriously awesome and Bits is pretty much certainly gonna be more social with other PAXers because of the impression you made on him. Thanks, bud.

Snickers - I loved getting to chill with you some! I should have challenged you to something damn it! next year, there will be some competition... and I shall be triumphant!

Eye-Shuh - You should have won. period. I'm still in the Omegabat fan club!

There were a ton of other people it was a joy to meet and I want deeply to have spent more time with, but those mentioned above I've thought about a bit more. BigRed, Prox, Az, Mee0k, houn, Acc... All the IRCers, Arco... God, SO MANY people! It was a sincere pleasure. PAXers are a phenomenon on the order of real evidence of truly helpful cooperative humanity.

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Muahah. Thanks for making this.

Btw, I love you all. I had such an awesome weekend.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • KnifeySpoonyKnifeySpoony Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Not sure if they look on the PA forums, but to the two Canadians I met on Saturday night, it was fun chatting a bit and playing some mario kart 64 and bomberman in the console free play. Cheers.

KnifeySpoony on
  • keruptkerupt Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    John and Wolfkid - Guys that filled in spots in the band "Shoulda Picked Easy" you guys were a blast to hang out with. PM me your facebook/myspace/email/whatever IM and we'll keep in touch!

Tam with the media pass who's iPhone died, this is the beardy guy that 'let you win' that magic game! Was alot of fun hanging out with you, please pm me any contact information here and lets keep in touch!

The guys that were teaching the new game from the same company that did munchkin (I cant remember the name of it, im so dead tired right now.) Was great to learn some fun new games.

Looking forward to next year!

-Ben "kerupt"

kerupt on
  • TheConstantWayTheConstantWay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shout out to all my triwizards! Mary Anne, James, Keenan, Eric, Nakki, Damien, Sean, Tom, James, Matthew (all 3 of you), and of course Isha; Andrew the Ravenclaw, Marteen and Danny the Ravenclaws; and even a couple good Slytherins--you guys rock! I tried my damnedest to remember everyone's names! I'm sure I missed a few awesome people, but don't let that diminish your awesomeness. I had a blast.

TheConstantWay on
  • LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Serenity wrote: »

The shorter brunette girl from Austin who was the same age as me... (Anatalia?) - awsome chattin' it up with you! Glad you had a great time.

And the two people staying at the homewood suites who apparently have lots of video games!! - I'll have to come over and join in some video game fun! Orrr you can always call our room.. 723

Cheers

- Derek
    If you meant Alejandra then that might have been me. I had the good fortune to meet many lovely Canadians this PAX @Lokiale, let's twitter stalk each other XD

Lokiale on
    East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • MarxMarx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just a quick shout out to whomever brought Twilight Struggle to PAX. Pretty sure he was an enforcer, name on the box said Brick. Great game, I spent at least 8 hours of PAX playing it with a friend. Drop a PM if you're in the Seattle area, can't get enough of that game! Heh.

Marx on
    Space for rent.
  • BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shout out to Wedge, the heroic enforcer who helped a crippled Paxette home, and to Patrick from Kent, who I've been smitten with since the Hufflepuff barcrawl (why-oh-why was I too shy to ask for your digits???).

Beryllium on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Saying hi to A Serious Pirate, one of our Omeganauts... Had a nice conversation going before the final Omegathon round, but was interrupted by the Final Countdown XD Maybe I'll see you at East, have fun moving to VA!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZilyZily Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I wanted to say thanks to Ben the Enforcer.

PM me :)

Zily on
  • MeetTheHeavyMeetTheHeavy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Two pokemon trainers- :D, just :D

also the female medic was awesome and I would like to ask her stuff bout cosplaying

MeetTheHeavy on
    16404.gif
  • mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SUmi, get your mario party skills up for next year and we can have a rematch. And who ever that was that I played Monsterpocalypse with in the line for Round 6, hi.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This makes me so sad I wasn't able to kick it with anyone! Next year, gadget! NEXT! YEAR!

Okay, there was the one enforcer with the fire dyed hair! She was awesome!

Oh, and the C. Viper cosplayer, I was saying you had gotten a lot of complements because I had read earlier how much work you put into it.

RoyceSraphim on
  • DrSlashBlightDrSlashBlight Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Oh Man, I met so many awesome attendees and Enforcers.

If you met a guy in a silver vinyl Duster w/ a tie and Goggles that was me! Please send a Hi Email to drslashblight@gmail.com

I'll see you PAX East!

Buddy

DrSlashBlight on
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh, and the C. Viper cosplayer, I was saying you had gotten a lot of complements because I had read earlier how much work you put into it.

Thanks! My legs are killing me after a weekend in those heels, but I was glad everyone enjoyed it so much.

Ran into Akuma and Chun Li, and sadly Guile and Cammy after I'd de-Vipered.

Akuma was AWESOME (I think your real name's Chris?) Got some awesome photos as a result, and could e-mail them to you (since you'd forgotten your memory card). Send me a PM or e-mail (Mogs.PAX@gmail.com)

Mogs on
  • teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shout out to all my triwizards! Mary Anne, James, Keenan, Eric, Nakki, Damien, Sean, Tom, James, Matthew (all 3 of you), and of course Isha; Andrew the Ravenclaw, Marteen and Danny the Ravenclaws; and even a couple good Slytherins--you guys rock! I tried my damnedest to remember everyone's names! I'm sure I missed a few awesome people, but don't let that diminish your awesomeness. I had a blast.

If by Andrew the Ravenclaw you are referring to the token asian in the Ravenclaw house then HELLO TO YOU TOO! Who were you in the awesomeness of the drinking tournament? I tried to remember everyones names as well....

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also a big thanks to Sumi as the head girl who gave out the awesome pony glitter stickers. Hello to Ian from Brooklyn, Dave? from Ohio, geekgirl from South Bend (boo Notre Dame), spec and sweetie at the pre-pax dinner, the prefect who held the Ravenclaw banner, all of the ravenclaws and their awesomeness, the hufflepuff guys in their hand made scarves, and the hufflepuff that drank 151/schnaaps shots with me!

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
    edited September 2009
    mavrick88 wrote: »
    SUmi, get your mario party skills up for next year and we can have a rematch. And who ever that was that I played Monsterpocalypse with in the line for Round 6, hi.

I KNOW I KNOW. I suck at mariokart too. :( At least I beat the CPUs.....

And I'm totally getting more pony stickers for next year. Hundreds... NO, Thousands! PONIES FOR EVERYONE!! (but only if you drink with me)

Sumi on
  • ShallowSarcasmShallowSarcasm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh man, I wanna shout out to that succubus in the red dress at the Dungeons and Dragons Online booth. You can drain away my life force any time!

Oh, and that chick who was dressed as Cammy. DAMN! :winky: (bonus points if you post pics)

AND, that dick who came up to the Wizards room before the Dungeon Delve and started making a big stink about something being full, demanding to talk to supervisors. Haha, good riddance, jerk!

The anonymous guy/gal who dropped off that burned copy of Vista x64 at my computer at BYOC, you're fucking awesome!

Anyone at BYOC I stole files from off the network, especially the guy with the computer named BABEL-FISH.

The guys who posted in the text file I created in BABEL-FISH's shared folder.

The 8=======D couple. Freakin' hilarious!

ShallowSarcasm on
  • arnonautarnonaut Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone who stayed at the American Hotel (really a hostel) in Chinatown!

arnonaut on
    Boosh! And/or Kakow!
  • TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

*BROFIST* <3 Hey! Martine here! Remind me who you are? You're awesome nevertheless but which pub did we meet in? I never got anyone's screen names!

Also much love for Patrick from Kent (I see there's a lot of love swimming your way ;) ). Truly grateful to you for keeping me company and telling me about amusing adventures! Hufflepuffs!

Also to all the awesome dudes on the bus back to Vancouver. You are 9000 times cooler than screaming babies. Lets play HELLO KITTY ONLINE now!

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    it was nice to finally meet moe fwacky...thanks to all those who said hello to me...not sure how you recognized me out of my costume but thanks anyways...you made me feel special!

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lokiale wrote: »
    Serenity wrote: »

Cheers

- Derek
    If you meant Alejandra then that might have been me. I had the good fortune to meet many lovely Canadians this PAX @Lokiale, let's twitter stalk each other XD

Ok, now stalking...:P wow that sounded creepier than I expected...
    It was probably you... would know for sure by seeing a photo...

PM me some more if you're up for chattin' or something.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    for the group of people and the girl (wikipedia conversation) that led me home after the eve party on saturday. I would have been so lost without you guys!

Thanks!

Zionad on
    I do it all for the pew pew
  • MrTaikoMrTaiko Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    So I was way looking forward to seeing cosplayers, but I went on Sunday only. I did spot a Cookin mama that zoomed past me. I also saw Millislim walking by after I got my pass in the morning. I was wickedly hung over, or I woulda said Hi lol.

MrTaiko on
  • OptimalOptimal Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone who was on the magical mystery tour or I met during the show, you guys were all awesome, PM me your facebook details!

Optimal on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Optimal_NZL.png
  • ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wanna make a shout out to the girl who cosplayed as Joanne Dark on Friday, and Harley Quinn on Sunday.

You are so amazingly beautiful, that I was fumbling to get my camera to work properly... I finally got my picture taken with you on Sunday, whooo!

If anyone knows how to contact her, can you forward my shoutout to her?

Thanks!

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • SaxySaxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mogs wrote: »

Akuma was AWESOME (I think your real name's Chris?) Got some awesome photos as a result, and could e-mail them to you (since you'd forgotten your memory card). Send me a PM or e-mail (Mogs.PAX@gmail.com)
    Oh man, I'm so sad I missed you! I only saw one pic of you as Crimson Viper and thought you looked AWESOME!!! I want to know how you even got your wig to look that amazing. Some serious cosplay talent there.

Yes, the Akuma's name is Chris Vance (a.k.a. "Big Chris"). He's a friend and a fixture at covenctions up and down the west coast. A really delightful guy that has a big heart! :)
    Oh, and that chick who was dressed as Cammy. DAMN! (bonus points if you post pics)
    Aww, gosh... thanks! :oops: Did we meet at PAX?

Saxy on
    edited September 2009
    Who yelled "IT'S SUMI!" and waved from the escalators? At least I think that's what they said, I was quite tired at that point. I waved back anyways.

Sumi on
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Who yelled "IT'S SUMI!" and waved from the escalators? At least I think that's what they said, I was quite tired at that point. I waved back anyways.

I did that a few times! :P

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    edited September 2009
    Was it on the escalators? It was a group of three that I saw out of the corner of my eye. But like I said, I was tired, so maybe I was just seeing triple.

Sumi on
  • dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh, and that chick who was dressed as Cammy. DAMN! (bonus points if you post pics)

Yes, she was amazing. dead on costume and lookin good =]

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Was it on the escalators? It was a group of three that I saw out of the corner of my eye. But like I said, I was tired, so maybe I was just seeing triple.

Yup!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    edited September 2009
    Okay, good to know. :)

Sumi on
  • inlemurinlemur Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thank god for the guy who brought in his own copy of Tetris Attack for the console freeplay.

inlemur on
    XBL - remura
  • goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shaddz wrote: »
    I wanna make a shout out to the girl who cosplayed as Joanne Dark on Friday, and Harley Quinn on Sunday.

You are so amazingly beautiful, that I was fumbling to get my camera to work properly... I finally got my picture taken with you on Sunday, whooo!

If anyone knows how to contact her, can you forward my shoutout to her?

Thanks!

:D thank you very much, you rock! i'm glad you got a chance to have a photo!

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wanted to say thanks to Jen and the two Chris's for a great evening at the Tap House on Sunday, got separated from you guys and never saw you again! Hopefully you guys can make it down next year!

Also, can we do shout-outs to booth babes? The tall one with long brown hair manning the Nerf station in the EA booth was really into the game, made me want to buy it AND get a job as Hasbro XD If anyone knows who she is, tell her Captain Kirk says hello! (And ask if I can have that picture she took of me?)

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Saxy wrote: »
    Mogs wrote: »

Oh man, I'm so sad I missed you! I only saw one pic of you as Crimson Viper and thought you looked AWESOME!!! I want to know how you even got your wig to look that amazing. Some serious cosplay talent there.

Yes, the Akuma's name is Chris Vance (a.k.a. "Big Chris"). He's a friend and a fixture at covenctions up and down the west coast. A really delightful guy that has a big heart! :)

The majority of the wig work I had commissioned, and I added the finishing stylings to it. I think it was made up of 2 wigs and some extra hair extensions. It was the part of the costume we spent the most time fussing over - I was convinced that if I couldn't do the hair, it would not be worth it; I'm glad you liked it!

Too bad our paths didn't cross. It would've been fun to get the "Femme Fatale" group of cosplayers together.

Mogs on
This discussion has been closed.