As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The victorious 20....

revengeofmikerevengeofmike Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
Any of you other top 20 DTS winners pissed at the prizes this year? I came in fourth place to get a button and a leroy jenkins print -_-.... Just ranting I guess....

98 wins. 3 losses. 95 total pins.

If the first place (170) pin guy finds this, tell us what you got.

revengeofmike on

• Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    98 wins. 3 losses. 95 total pins.

I'm glad to see that my "Guess the Hand" game while in line for the concerts was one of your losses.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hahah I remember you!!!!! seriously, that pin will haunt me. I think I saw you at the turn in as well, was I mistaken?

revengeofmike on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hahah I remember you!!!!! seriously, that pin will haunt me. I think I saw you at the turn in as well, was I mistaken?

Psh, no, I had three pins.

One was yours.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If you did it legit (which it sounds like), congrats. That's a lot of gaming :D I know I saw people digging through the massive piles of leftover swag bags looking for DTS pins which was kinda lame =/

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    If you did it legit (which it sounds like), congrats. That's a lot of gaming :D I know I saw people digging through the massive piles of leftover swag bags looking for DTS pins which was kinda lame =/

I wasnt able to get a friday pass (I tried to buy passes a week before), so my first day there was saturday. The swag bag I got didn't have DTS pins in them, so I had to wager my friend's pin for the first match. I looked with an enforcer through like 50 bags and didnt find a single pin. LAME!

Mostly did thumb wrestling, arm wrestling, rock paper scissors or tetris as I waited in lines.

revengeofmike on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Too bad our awe is diminished by those who cheated. The DTS tournament is a joke. No offense to you, but too many people just steal them from swagbags or just ask people for them. So really we have no idea who is legit.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    well matters of legitimacy aside, I take great satisfaction in pwning so many people in such a short period of time.

wondering if none of the other DTS'ers post -_-

revengeofmike on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I believe you. It just needs to be regulated better. We should all be happy for the winners, except many on the top 20 aren't winners at all.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait... You are complaining about a 4th place prize?

Uh you realize you are extremely lucky that you even got a prize? :P Most events didn't even get 3rd place prizes.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for believing me Sumi! And well, the people the most screwed by cheaters are those of us who actually compete for the DTS places... so I feel your pain?

Im grateful for pax giving me a 4th place prize, dont get me wrong!
    I was only referring to the difference in prizes of previous PAX's to make an eventual point about a trend in the DTS competition.

The swag bags of years past were given to you by the badge handout desks. This is why there really wasnt a huge problem with button scavengers before. But with this new system, coupled with a huge drop in the quality of prizes, I'm scared that DTS is on its way to extinction!

Maybe its for the best as DTS has never really been incredibly popular at the expo. The number of DTS contestants that are involved in the forums is a great indication of this.

A couple friends of mine told me that the first place ~170 pin winner was actually a group of ~5 kids pooling, rummaging and begging for pins. Just a rumor, but exploiting the system is unfortunately a method of playing the game.

revengeofmike on
  • Options
    Pixel BluePixel Blue Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a hard time finding people with pins who were ready to game.

So I challenged a dude I found that had a bunch to a "best of three" rock paper sissors. And I was conquered. But I wanted to challenge somebody.

I kept my second one as a souvenir. <3

Pixel Blue on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Its not just DTS, most everyone had a lack of prizes this year :(

Except PC room, but thats just cause Intel brought their own prizes for things. Even then they were kind of sparse for all the tournaments and such.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.