As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avoid Aiptek if you have Vista

MordrakMordrak Registered User new member
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
Hey, Just wanted to let you guys know that if you are using Vista avoid Aiptek. I have one of their tablets (1200u) and have been happy with it, but it doesn't currently work in Vista. When I emailed support I had this wonderful exchange:
Me: Also, I just installed vista and my aiptek 1200u hyperpen tablet does not function correctly in vista. Vista blocks your drivers.

Them: Yes this correct.

Me: Ok, but more information would be helpful, like when do you plan to release drivers and are there any (or will there be) any work arounds?

Them: Unfortunately due to the unstableness of Vista We will not release any driver until they finalize the Operating system.

Me: The operating system is finalized, in so much as it has been released and is available at retail. If you mean Vista will be updated, well WindowsXP was and will continue to be updated throughout its life. That doesn't mean the operating system isn't finalized.

Them: Under stand that the very first version of this Vista is not final, it continually has problem.Our designers are waiting until this version is more stable . But at this time due to this constant changing of this version we do not have anything available for you.

Thank you

Mordrak on

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Uh, ok.

Will do.

But this isn't really a threadworthy topic, it belongs in the chat thread or the questions/tutorials/discussion thread.

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.