As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY!

1141516171820»

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If we do this next year I just hope we can find another spot for the food. Trying to play pool on that one table was a joke.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah. That room was definitely made for like 75 people, not 100. And if it were me, I would've put the buffet either outside the room entirely or on that bar that didn't work where I did the raffle.

The venue was great, but the Taphouse staff kind of dropped the ball.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • groovechildgroovechild Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys! Thanks for showing me an awesome time! Tomorrow, please post all the photos from your event, I'd love to get copies. I was more than happy to bring The "Insects": Rock Band for you all to enjoy. Thanks for all the beer, and good times!

-Groove, [e]

groovechild on
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Great job Arco, the Post-PAX party was awesome! That rock band game going the whole time was phenomenal, especially when everyone would sing along, and the food was really good!

My only thoughts on improvement would be to try to have more seating (I was constantly worried about getting whacked in the head with a pool cue), a bigger venue, and/or split up the food into different stations around the room so there isn't 1 monster line for people to eat.

Thanks so much for setting this up!

Hypatia on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Awesome food, awesome atmosphere, cramped space.

Thank god there was the enforcer party in the other room so I could get out and go there.

parabola on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, space was a bit cramped at first, but once everyone got settled in, it got a lot better. Thanks for organizing this Arco, and I'm glad I could be of service with my contribution of my Wii to play.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Everything, but the line getting in the way of my playing Pool. Was awesome! The food was great, but I don't think the chicken was as hot as everyone thought. All the Rock Band was was lively and wild, which I loved. And I enjoyed all the friends and new friends every minute. Thank you Arco, for putting this all together and bring us all together. I hope next year will be as great if not better.

Highfire on
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys! Thanks for showing me an awesome time! Tomorrow, please post all the photos from your event, I'd love to get copies. I was more than happy to bring The "Insects": Rock Band for you all to enjoy. Thanks for all the beer, and good times!

-Groove, [e]
    Someone buy this man another beer!

Arco on
    edited September 2009
    OK! so where are all the pictures? I know I saw many people being shutter happy. Also, now that it's 9-9-09, the embargo has been lifted, so let me say:

WE HAD THE BEATLES: ROCK BAND!!!!

groovechild on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My biggest disappointment of PAX was missing the party. I showed up, but was feeling so horrible that I left before even eating anything since I had no appetite anyways, a killer headache, and my whole body ached, so I went back to my hotel to sleep. Glad to hear others had a good time though, Hopefully I can make it and stick around next year.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So any idea when the pictures from the party will be up?

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited September 2009
    DaNerd and TimeCruiserMike probably have the most footage overall from the event. I know DaNerd is road tripping back to New York right now and won't have the pics up until the weekend, most likely. Don't know what the situation is exactly with the footage that TCM took.

Arco on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    capturing all my footage right now

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One of my favorite memories of this party is Arco coming up to me and claiming he was so drunk that he was about to eat a piece of meat from the buffet, even though he's a vegetarian. He proceeded to do so, despite my (admittedly weak) protests.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i seem to be missing one or two tapes which contained every thing i filmed on Sunday D:. . . not sure what could have happend to it/them . . . at least one must have been lost on the train <sigh>

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just got home, I am hoping to have pictures up of the PPPD and PAX in general sometime this week, so make sure to check back!

Also, many thanks to Arco for putting this together, as well as to everyone else who contributed.

Mentok for his 360 and Rock Band set up,
    groovechild for Beatles Rock Band,
    and the people who brought the other consoles and games whose names I did not catch.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
    edited September 2009
    One of my favorite memories of this party is Arco coming up to me and claiming he was so drunk that he was about to eat a piece of meat from the buffet, even though he's a vegetarian. He proceeded to do so, despite my (admittedly weak) protests.

I did that?

Arco on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arco wrote: »

I did that?
    Yes.

Yes you did.

Consuming that piece of meat makes you responsible for the deaths of a thousand cows. I hope you're happy, you monster.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I did that?
    Yes.

Yes you did.

Consuming that piece of meat makes you responsible for the deaths of a thousand cows. I hope you're happy, you monster.

At least it was tasty.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    TNTrooper wrote: »

I did that?
    Yes.

Yes you did.

At least it was tasty.
    It's true. The meat was delicious.

Actually, everything in that buffet was delicious. I didn't get a chance to have any sushi, though.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2009
    lol. I have no memory of eating meat at the Taphouse. I did eat meat a few times throughout the weekend, when I was at a restaurant and the vegetarian options sucked.

Did they ever refill that sushi tray after it went empty the first time?

Arco on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think I saw a second sushi tray, but I didn't have any either time. I'm kind of spoiled on good sushi restaurants here in Chicago.

Also, the chicken tenders totally sucked, you all! I don't know if jerk chicken is supposed to be spicy or something, but they tasted pretty bland to me.

Rius on
  • PGmightyPGmighty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yesh! Great party, Arco. But my fave had to be the sweet pool tables, although it took a while for me to worm into a game -- just gave me more time to catch up on beer intake, is all.

PGmighty on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DaNerd wrote: »
    Just got home, I am hoping to have pictures up of the PPPD and PAX in general sometime this week, so make sure to check back!

Also, many thanks to Arco for putting this together, as well as to everyone else who contributed.

Mentok for his 360 and Rock Band set up,
    groovechild for *redacted*,
    and the people who brought the other consoles and games whose names I did not catch.

I know there was a reason why I HAD TO transport my Xbox 360 and all my instruments in my little Hyundai Accent from Baltimore to Seattle...

I am just glad I could help!

I am also think it is pretty cool how I got 2 achievements for an unreleased game.
    I will totally attend this function again in a heartbeat.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited September 2009
    Bahaha. You did, didn't you?

Thanks again for donating the Rock Band setup, and for handing out packets up at the door. It was a tremendous help to both myself and the party in general. I owe you big time.

Same with Mr. Blarney for the Wii, and Raiden for his second 360 (even though it didn't work), and TNTrooper for his SNES/N64 (even though we didn't use them much).

Arco on
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've put up some pictures of the post-PAX party on Flickr, they're at the end of the set

Hypatia on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This was a great party. I'm glad the raffle went off well. We had some cool stuff there go out.

I hope the guy who won Defense Grid enjoys it.

We could always have the next one at the Garage next year. They have a couple private rooms. I've been to a party in the basement there and there must have been at least 150 people there.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited September 2009
    Well guys, I know it's a year away, and I have NO idea what harmonix will be doing then, but if they or any other exhibitor I'm with has anything cool next year, I'll do what I can. Keep in touch with me arco.

groovechild on
    edited September 2009
    Haha. You bet your ass I will. :)

Arco on
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My pictures can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151941&id=679223008&ref=mf

Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries about halfway through.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
    edited September 2009
    Just to let everybody know, I'm going to start poking around the Boston area of the Internet this weekend and checking out the bars, restaurants, and venues in the area.

The wheels are turning. :)

Arco on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just to let everybody know, I'm going to start poking around the Boston area of the Internet this weekend and checking out the bars, restaurants, and venues in the area.

If you need any info on venues or need someone to drool on managers let me know. I have the community meetup in a few weeks.

Atlus Parker on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Goodwill Hunting bar?

Or should I say, bahr?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
This discussion has been closed.