As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 09 Forum member badge holders

1789101113»

• CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Good questions, there. Specific to the subject material, yet easy for anyone familiar with it to answer. Well done!

Hopefully I won't be so hung over from the Pub Crawl the night before that I'll actually be able to answer them.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would change #4 to "Primary Moderator of the PAX subforum", because I would have said Tube.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Here are the final PAX Forum Badge questions. Read and digest please. They have been created so that any regular forum member would know the answer to these questions.

1) Name THREE unofficial PAX community events:

WCTT/CCST/CST/Pre PAX Dinner/Post PAX Dinner/Assasins/Cookie Brigade/PAX Prank/PAX World Record Attempt/Post PAX Tweetup/Triwizard Drinking Tournament/PAX Buttoneers/Magical Mystery Tour/Scavenger Hunt

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name the primary forum admin

Moe Fwacky

5) What colour scheme are the forums in?

Blue with white text.

6) What does CCST stand for?

Cross Country Super Trip

7) Why do key forum threads have the word [PRIME] as a prefix in their titles?

They are threads that relate to PAX'09 in Seattle as opposed to PAX'10 EAST in Boston.

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during the event. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) What does WCTT stand for?

West Coast Train Trip

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

Excellent - now to get these tattooed somewhere useful...

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have begun distribution of the forum member badges on the CCST!

Rius on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so even though my bames is on the back ill have to answer the questions? if so ok, im just wondering.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    so even though my bames is on the back ill have to answer the questions? if so ok, im just wondering.

Yarp.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aren't the Cookie Brigade not doing their thing this year because of issues with having to be licensed to be a food vendor?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Aren't the Cookie Brigade not doing their thing this year because of issues with having to be licensed to be a food vendor?

Not from what I can see from this thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=96276&page=3

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, awesome.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • nanaki254nanaki254 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hopefully I'll get one :D

(can we bring the printout and use them as 'notes'? Just wondering 8-) )

nanaki254 on
    My clan: www.killazinc.net
    I sub music: My Youtube
    edited September 2009
    nanaki254 wrote: »

Yup, it proves you're a participant to the forums!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Willeth wrote: »

Not from what I can see from this thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=96276&page=3

Not sure about Washington law, but as far as it is here, as long as you are noting that what you are selling was not cooked in a professional kitchen (IE homemade) you can get away with it, along with doing it for a non profit (in this case Childs Play)

Thats how Bake Sales do it. The Cookie Brigade would just be 1 Giant Mobile Bake Sale :)

Solelron on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Actually the whole thing is on the DOWN LOW as they say. It's a bunch of people bringing food for personal consumption and to share with friends.

If friends donate to Child's Play in exchange...BONUS. And by "If" I mean, they totally should.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just for the record got mine mid-day Friday from a very confused Big-Red. it's ok it was a long day for everyone I'm sure. Kropotkin you are awesome thanks you so much it makes an added bonus item I'll be happy to bring home from PAX 2009

draklan on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    nanaki254 wrote: »

Yup, it proves you're a participant to the forums!

Kropotkin I have to meet you at some point before PAX is over...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dude, as have i- the badge is awesome! Although i haven't really made contact with anyone else wearing one! I'm heading to Hypatia's dim sum meetup tomorrow morning, tho, so looking forward to that!

Now, surely it can't be THAT hard to spot Kropotkin amongst the other 49,998 attendees...

DusT_HounD on
  • DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Same deal, DusT_HounD. I don't think I've even seen anyone else wearing one that wasn't on the MMT.

I guess I should clarify that, I saw Nomad on an escalator, apparently she's an enforcer and looked like she was on a mission. Other than that, I've seen no one. Maybe I am pretty good at hiding, I don't know.

Drakmathus on
  • DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've met a lot of people wearing them, but I was on the MMT and then went to the Pre-PAX Dinner (where I got mine) and then the Triwizard Drinking Tournament.

I think the key is that I met people at those events who happened to get forum badges, then recognized them later. I don't normally notice the badge, I just recognize the people.

All told, there are only a couple hundred of us with these badges (I think), so it's not surprising you wouldn't see many who don't have them if you don't know where to look for them. Twitter helps with that though :-)

DMmagic on
  • DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    @drakmathus:
    Yeah- I had a great time, although didn't meet too many forumers! I think i saw Cafeofganesha in the lines for the Ron Gilbert keynote, and the omegathon final, and of course Eye-shuh was IN the omegathon, but apart from the Dim Sum meetup, it was just too vast!

DusT_HounD on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    After the Saturday concerts, I was talking to Khoo and he happened to see my badge. Wasn't someone supposed to give him one? Because he certainly knew about it but didn't know where to get his.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
    edited September 2009
    After last years distribution problems with the badges I tried to make amends by not only passing it to various social event organisers before PAX, but also placing them in the hands of someone who could pass them out from a fixed point at PAX. I then advertised this place as best I could (BYOC registration desk) by highlighting it over and over in this thread.

The result was that whilst the BYOC desk held over 250 badges, only 40 were collected during PAX 09. I had to bring back the remainder. What does this mean? Well I think I either over-printed or people didn't know you could pick them up from BYOC desk. There is also the possibility that people didn't actually know where the desk was in the first place.

As for Mr Khoo not having a badge, I did make preparations for him getting one, but they appeared to have faltered at the last hurdle.

All I need to know is that did everyone who wanted a badge get one? If so then it was a success. If not, I want to know why so that I can address it for PAX East. Please let me know in this thread.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had to ask a lot of people where to get mine. I know it's silly to have not gone back and reread this thread to find out, but even then, I didn't know what exactly the BYOC desk was, or where it was, since I was not involved in the BYOC. Maybe put a sign at the PAX Information Desk, or let them be aware of what it is and where it is?

GPIA7R on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    All I need to know is that did everyone who wanted a badge get one? If so then it was a success. If not, I want to know why so that I can address it for PAX East. Please let me know in this thread.

I got mine at the dinner, however, I had to specifically ask for it (no biggie). There were a ton of extras there when I arrived.

I know that I went up to the BYOC area to see a friend, but I had no idea where the desk was...so even if I had been asked, I couldn't have told anybody where it was.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I <3'd my pax forum badge. Got it from X1Zero at one of the pre-pre-pax meetups us Canucks had. Was very helpful during the pub crawl when I couldn't decide to introduce myself by my name or my handle :P

tr0tsky on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The checkin desk was right in front of BYOC. If you went to BYOC but missed the desk then theres no hope for you :P

I tried to give khoo a badge but he got called away when I was in the process of handing it to him :P. I took a few extras with me, ill be sure to swing by the office and give him one.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited September 2009
    When i got back from the hotel, I had a badge holder in my bag... it may have been given to my assistant, but thanks!

Oh, and thanks everyone for coming to my party it was cool you could make it.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited September 2009
    what the...Khoo had a party? Now I'm sad =(

tr0tsky on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    what the...Khoo had a party? Now I'm sad =(

Im pretty sure hes refering to PAX in general :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited September 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    Im pretty sure hes refering to PAX in general :P

Oh, that makes sense...I'm gonna have to change my sig quote to "BigRed is correct", lol

tr0tsky on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When i got back from the hotel, I had a badge holder in my bag... it may have been given to my assistant, but thanks!

Yeah, I got sick at your party. Stop inviting sickies. Make them have their own party. At the hospital. ;-)

Houn on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yeah, I got sick at your party. Stop inviting sickies. Make them have their own party. At the hospital. ;-)

I think Khoo is trying to spread the zombie virus...

MetaverseNomad on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

I think Khoo is trying to spread the zombie virus...

WHAT?!?!?!? We're the best defense against a zombie infestation, and he's trying to spread it to those most likely able to survive it?!?! I can never trust that guy ever again.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • nikasaurnikasaur Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got my badge and then promptly misplaced it after the first day. I kept waking up at the apartment I was staying at with a different (and upgraded) badge to parade around in. I had Special Guest for a while, and ended up with Exhibitor, yet nobody knew I was Nikasaur.

nikasaur on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just wanted to say I did end up getting one of these on Saturday and I'm really glad I did.
    THANKS KROPOTKIN!

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    These were pretty awesome. I had more than a few people ask me about it. I'm glad that they were at the Pre-Pax dinner too. It was a great place to hand them out.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
This discussion has been closed.