As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OMEGATHON THREAD! (Bow down before your OMEGA-MASTERS)

191011121315»

• Options
    HATEHATE Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lokiale wrote: »
    Noah actually is devising a fiendish plan for immortality that requires him to be an Omeganaut 6 years in a row before it can come to fruition. He's so close now that he can taste it.

Omega urban legends!

Lol, I would pay to be an Omeganaut 6 years in a row....or even 2!

HATE on
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited September 2009
    One day, I will tell the whole story of that fucking Skee Ball Machine. It is probably one of the craziest behind the scene stories ever.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One day, I will tell the whole story of that fucking Skee Ball Machine. It is probably one of the craziest behind the scene stories ever.

As someone who spent 3 years working with redemption style game machines, I'm sure it is epic.

Oh and if it hasn't been mentioned, the "CALL" problem was a ticket jam in the feeding mechanism. You can see the jam quite clearly in the the shot when one of the guys opens it up and tears off the tickets.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh and if it hasn't been mentioned, the "CALL" problem was a ticket jam in the feeding mechanism. You can see the jam quite clearly in the the shot when one of the guys opens it up and tears off the tickets.

Yeah, that baffled me. I mean, with my whole 1 summer of D&B experience I could see what the issue was from the back of the standing folks. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well then it just goes to show that to save everyone a lot of time and trouble next year's final round should just be "Guess the number I'm thinking of between 1 and 10"
    with lasers.

(I hope all of our general silliness has made you feel better, Valwryn)

Lokiale on
    East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lokiale wrote: »
    with lasers.

This.

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

It is pretty awesome :)

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, if there's one advantage to the PAX POX, it's that the Khoo now browses the forums!

agilemania on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    agilemania wrote: »
    Well, if there's one advantage to the PAX POX, it's that the Khoo now browses the forums!

What are you talking about? Khoo is on the forums all the time. And unlike the other forumers, he can do his real job well and surf endlessly.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Khoo is machine. I was up playing D&D at 3am Monday morning at the Sheraton lobby and Khoo wanders by looking healthy and dare I say spry.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Robert Khoo is not a man, he is a force of nature.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That reminds me, was there a Rock Band concert with the PA crew this year? I figure Tycho was maybe a little busy, but I figured with a new RB game to promote, they might have done a little Beatles.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That reminds me, was there a Rock Band concert with the PA crew this year? I figure Tycho was maybe a little busy, but I figured with a new RB game to promote, they might have done a little Beatles.

Yes! It was right before the Omegathon Rock Band Round. Words fail to describe the kick ass-ness of it all. Seriously. For reals.

I <3'd Khoo's hat. It was squee-ably cute.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yes! It was right before the Omegathon Rock Band Round. Words fail to describe the kick ass-ness of it all. Seriously. For reals.

I <3'd Khoo's hat. It was squee-ably cute.

I wish I had seen that. I heard they played Are You Really A Woman? And that Tycho made the song way to hard and Gabe was bottoming out on guitar.

This is all second hand, since I didn't get there early enough.

I also missed the entire Q&A room knuckle crack because I couldn't queue in fast enough.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ooh, I wanna know what Khoo's hat was all about. A hat and a suit? I bet he made it work.

Gabe bottomed out last year, didn't he? He's not the "best" at those games, remember? That's why he'd kick your ass at Photoshop Hero?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited September 2009
    Guys guys guys. That hat was reversible...

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thank you Omeganauts for starting off my PAX and ending my PAX perfectly!

I had a blast watching you all

I get warm and squishy every time I go through the pictures in my head.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thought you already told the whole story!

Ooh wait I've been thinking about it. Drum stick tape -- that's what you OW OW WTF eye lasers? Stop OW STOP OW I'm sorry!

:-)

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was impressed by the fact that Khoo could drop his stick half way through and still manage a good score anyways.

OK, more than impressed. My mind was blown.

Lokiale on
    East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    ZipDeDoZipDeDo Registered User new member
    edited September 2009

I still have nightmares...

ZipDeDo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    skarsol wrote: »

Yeah, that baffled me. I mean, with my whole 1 summer of D&B experience I could see what the issue was from the back of the standing folks. :P

Yeah, we all knew what the problem was... we just didn't have the time to fix it. We fixed the jam after the show, and it took quite a bit of time (those tickets were really wedged in there). Part of being support is not only knowing what to fix, but also knowing what can be fixed within the time allowed. Unplugging the machine kept the show moving. :)

And, sorry... I am new on these forums (I'm kind of anti social), but I was one of the Enforcers who worked the final round. One of the ones who got to unplug the machine each time tickets were supposed to spit out (though, I actually only unplugged once).

ZipDeDo on
  • Options
    ValwrynValwryn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ^ You guys did great ZipDeDo (don't know which one you were but all the enforcers on stage were on target by the second failure).

Valwryn on
    Alpha Omeganaut 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Valwryn wrote: »
    ^ You guys did great ZipDeDo (don't know which one you were but all the enforcers on stage were on target by the second failure).

Thanks (on behalf of everyone - I didn't do nearly as much as some of my fellow enforcers)! It could have gone much worse, considering everything leading up to the show. As Khoo said, that Skee Ball machine was... let's just say a challenge.

And... while I'm here, I wanted to say right back at you on the good job. :)

ZipDeDo on
  • Options
    ariocksayssqueeariocksayssquee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    At the first round of the Omegathon, they said that they weren't doing the punchcard-to-be-an-omeganaut this year, but would instead be having an auction for the privilege to benefit Child's Play.

Did that ever happen? If not, will it happen at the annual Charity Dinner? If so, how much did it go for?

ariocksayssquee on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Charity dinner is in december

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.