As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week 03-21-2007

2»

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Frankly, I think the reveal of Supergirl in that dress (half an issue without baring her stomach! My gods!) was kinda cooler. Definitely an Evey with the priest type vibe. Especially Natalie Portman Evey.

Excuse me, I have this thing I gotta go do.

Fencingsax on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the reveal of Supergirl in that dress (half an issue without baring her stomach! My gods!) was kinda cooler. Definitely an Evey with the priest type vibe. Especially Natalie Portman Evey.

Excuse me, I have this thing I gotta go do.

All hands on deck, the seahorses are gone. I repeat, the seahorses are gone.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Also, Hal's the one that had his girlfriend chopped up and put in the fridge, right? I thought that his "food in the refrigerator" line kind of amusing in a sick way.

Fencingsax on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Also, Hal's the one that had his girlfriend chopped up and put in the fridge, right? I thought that his "food in the refrigerator" line kind of amusing in a sick way.

Nope, that was Kyle.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited March 2007

Nope, that was Kyle.

Oh. Damn.

Fencingsax on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Didn't John also get his wife sliced up by Star Sapphire? Pretty sure it happened when she was in the kitchen, too.

Also, dress scene in Brave and the Bold #2 gets my vote for best part of the issue.
    Kara apparently wears blue Superman panties.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Didn't John also get his wife sliced up by Star Sapphire? Pretty sure it happened when she was in the kitchen, too.

Also, dress scene in Brave and the Bold #2 gets my vote for best part of the issue.
    Kara apparently wears blue Superman panties.
    She had her Supergirl outfit on under the dress. It's a blue leotard with a skirt on it.

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    speaking of supergirl, did you guys know she's technically older than Superman?

Garlic Bread on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Not at all, Keith.

Tell us more

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited March 2007

Not at all, Keith.

Tell us more

you see, she's his older cousin from back on Krypton. They were both sent off in rockets and said rockets kept them from aging (or, in Superman's case, slowed his aging). Kara's rocket took longer to hit Earth, so when hers finally landed, Superman aged like 30 years or something on Earth while Kara is stuck in her 17-year-old Krypton age.

she'll get older, though

it just takes time

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007
    she'll get older, though

it just takes time

That's generally the way it works.

Fencingsax on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

So she's technically legal.

Damnit, Hal

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    God... the art in Ion was god awful... can that get worst moment of the week?

As for best... gotta say, the whole bidding on Red Tornado in 52 was pretty damn funny.

All of ASM.

X-Factor, of course...
    Warning: This Toy is a Choking Hazard

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually maybe I'm dumb and never noticed them before this week, but the Countdown teasers have all been pretty rad.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

Really? It seemed pretty standard to me. Exactly what is not good about it?

Lux on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cable and Deadpool was fucking hilarious this week!
    Note to self: buy brain-keyboard

Also, Ultimate Power. The whole Spider-man - Thor exchange, and Kitty's barely legal ultimate-ass.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lux wrote: »

I thought it was average as well. Not mind blowing, but not toilet paper either.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited March 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »

Also, Ultimate Power. The whole Spider-man - Thor exchange, and Kitty's barely legal ultimate-ass.

Illegal still. Christ.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Aoi wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    So did Madrox not absorb that dupe?

Yup. He doesn't absorb dead dupes because he can't, shouldn't, or won't.

And he was an awesome dupe.

And I'm pretty sure the one he absorbed before was dying, not dead. The one here couldn't be absorbed immediately after dying because it would have made it seem like Jamie had shot the dude.

Jamie talked about absorbing the dupe that was all shot up at the start of the Madrox mini, and I'm pretty sure stated that it had just died before he absorbed it, and how he hates to do that because of how jacked up it leaves him feeling afterwards. I think he can, but he really REALLY doesn't like to do it.

And of course there's the fact that this Madrox wasn't the Madrox who originally joined X-Factor, but rather absorbed that dupe (after it was thrown out a window) post-mortem.

Hey guys. Spoilers much?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »

Illegal still. Christ.

I wonder who she was traced from. I also enjoyed C&D, and it would be awesome to get a Nextwave-like mini about Bob. The Nextwave graphic novel's in stores now, too bad I already bought all the issues.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

And I'm pretty sure the one he absorbed before was dying, not dead. The one here couldn't be absorbed immediately after dying because it would have made it seem like Jamie had shot the dude.

Jamie talked about absorbing the dupe that was all shot up at the start of the Madrox mini, and I'm pretty sure stated that it had just died before he absorbed it, and how he hates to do that because of how jacked up it leaves him feeling afterwards. I think he can, but he really REALLY doesn't like to do it.

And of course there's the fact that this Madrox wasn't the Madrox who originally joined X-Factor, but rather absorbed that dupe (after it was thrown out a window) post-mortem.

Hey guys. Spoilers much?

This is the wrong thread to be in if you don't want spoilers.

Regina Fong on
    edited March 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »

Illegal still. Christ.

I wonder who she was traced from. I also enjoyed C&D, and it would be awesome to get a Nextwave-like mini about Bob. The Nextwave graphic novel's in stores now, too bad I already bought all the issues.

Shit. Greg Land did this. Point taken.

Calamity Jane on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    T.O. Morrow beating Black Adam while bidding on Ebay

Algertman on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Lux wrote: »

I thought it was average as well. Not mind blowing, but not toilet paper either.

Go look at the pages where
    his mother has just died

Sorry, I typically don't notice the art unless it's really good or really bad, and I just thought this was really bad.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Birds of Prey
    1- Catman dancing with Huntress and then instinctively licking her neck and proceeding to get all flustered and fumble about. It really showed that, even as an ultra-muscular, nazi-stabbin' badass, he's still got a little bit of that fat, awkward dude from Green Arrow inside him.

2- Tora! Yayyy! Yayyyy! Her death never sat right with me, so I'm happy to see her back. At the same time, her characterization was always a little flat, so I hope Simone can do some cool stuff with her.

3- [Referring to the JLI] "That version of the Justice League's been racking up some heavy casualties lately."[/quote]

Shadowpact
    While battling the Shadowpact inside the Oblivion Bar, Etrigan the Demon is turned to stone by the Midnight Rider's guns. Unfortunately, the effect only lasts until sunrise. However, since the Oblivion Bar exists inside a pocket dimension with no sun, Etrigan will remain that way forever. Or at least until he's removed form the bar. So, what does Shadowpact do with him? Turn him into a coatrack of course.

Cable and Deadpool
    Deadpool taking over Agency X. Fuck yeah!

Brave and the Bold
    When my eyes started bleeding form the eye-raping they received from the colorist on this book. Yowch.

Munch on
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »

Hey guys. Spoilers much?

This is the wrong thread to be in if you don't want spoilers.

At least mine was from a several year old mini :D

Aoi on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ASM 539 is fucking awesome.

All of it.

The Muffin Man on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Tossing in a vote for Checkmate 12, which was actually pretty fucking awesome.
    Checkmatev201207.jpg
    Checkmatev201208.jpg
    Checkmatev201209.jpg

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970