As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2008 DVD?

SylanSylan Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
Yes, I saw it for sale this weekend at PAX and told myself I would stop to get it, but spaced doing so. I don't see it up on the PA store, any word when/if it will be available to purchase online?

Sylan on

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hopefully soon. I did pick one up at the show and am actually watching bits and pieces now, seems to have turned out good. For some reason, their recording of the OneUps doesn't start until into their 2nd song, wtf is up with that? Also on the back of the box where it mentions band names, it says "The Darkest of Sleeping Thickets," though on Disk 5 it shows their real name, "Darkest of the Hillside Thickets."

Anyway, hopefully it will be online shortly. I personally don't see why it took them a year to release it but I'm glad they finally did.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    SylanSylan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Also on the back of the box where it mentions band names, it says "The Darkest of Sleeping Thickets," though on Disk 5 it shows their real name, "Darkest of the Hillside Thickets."

I'm going to guess that Jerry wasn't tasked with proof editing the DVD. ;)

Anyway, really hoping this makes it up on to the PA store soon...

Sylan on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Don`t forget the "Family Fued" error on the disk.

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    then there is the lack of supertrip footage on the dvd's .. . i was really bummed about that. though hicks said that was beyond his control

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    then there is the lack of supertrip footage on the dvd's .. . i was really bummed about that. though hicks said that was beyond his control

aw boo. who is the keeper of the lost ccst footage? maybe we can get a torrent going.

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yeah Hicks doesn't do any of the post production, but I was bummed about the lack of CCST footage as well, especially after they got it from Moe. I purchased the DVD anyway, but it may be the last time unless they kick it up a notch.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    VanderVander Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I remember a previous PAX Set not being actual DVD's but only having data that you could only see on your computer. Are the PAX08 DVD's playable in a disk player or again just through my computer?

Vander on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The official set we're talking about here can be watching in DVD players and computers. The other set you're probably talking about might be my set from last year, I just let people download them online and watch on their computers. Though you could still just as easily burn that set to blank DVD's and watch them in DVD players...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You may notice that there is no PAX community content.

Like the arrival of the Cross Country Supertrip.
    Like an interview with Electric Turtle at the Pre-PAX Dinner.

Still, the content that is there is very nice.

You will find a question from me during the Make a Strip panel.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
This discussion has been closed.