As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did anyone thank the enforcers yet?

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
As someone who had grumblings about enforcers last year, I have to say that my dealings with them this year were 100% positive. I was really impressed with how hard they worked and how consistently polite each one I met was. Way to go guys!

Tube on

• psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Every time I saw one, I thanked them. This was my first year, though, so I was unfamiliar with any issues of past years.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • FritoFrito Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I nicknamed one of them Dartanian. He was awesome, I thanked him.

Frito on
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    All of them were great except one.

Walked up to a female enforcer sitting at the PAX Merch Booth. Probably about 1pm Saturday. I asked her "Will you be getting in any more shirts?" her response was, "You won't be".

Marked her as a B**** on the spot and moved on.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didnt have any problems with the enforcers this year. Met one of them outside while i was smoking he had a power glove attached to his kilt. Was awfully nice thanks!

Also met one whom if i remember correctly was from VA also he was working in the Console Freeplay area Sunday afternoon. He was also extremely nice.

xibalba on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As someone who had grumblings about enforcers last year, I have to say that my dealings with them this year were 100% positive. I was really impressed with how hard they worked and how consistently polite each one I met was. Way to go guys!

Tube needs to come up to byoc some time and say hi....

.... so I can threaten him with a cattle prod

:P

Seriously, come say hi next time so I know who you are

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I saw maybe one or two bumps with enforcers this year. I mean like times where they were swamped or overwhelmed.

It seems like with owning the whole convention center and the inmrpovment on line control and everything, the enforcers only had hard work this years as opposed to hard work and a shitload of trouble brewing as from last year. That said, great thanks to the enforcers for making a lot of trouble and hassle invisible to the convention goers. Amazing job. You know it's great when you feel like they aren't even there, yet see them everywhere.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • BeastGraphixBeastGraphix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thanked all of them that wern't dressed like and pretending they were in a para-military organization...

All the other ones i respect and thanked!

BeastGraphix on
  • kikikatkikikat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I tried to handout PAX09 Xbox LIVE avatar shirts to as many enforcers as I could this year since they were working like crazy and most likely don't get around to as many booths as they would like!

kikikat on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thanked a large number of enforcers, and had the privilage of being blessed by Jaiden's tube :winky:

Oh and S7arbuck, sorry for bashing LotRO in the line-up room, it was all in good fun :D

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    I was the guy that said "so you're Big Red, huh?" when you were standing around looking at the Omeganauts roster.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

Tube needs to come up to byoc some time and say hi....

.... so I can threaten him with a cattle prod

:P

I don't actually know what the BYOC is I am so embarassed :( but yeah I will totally swing by next time.

Tube on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I mostly encountered the Enforcers in the console freeplay area and they were very helpful, including helping me get set up with some friends in doing some L4D with a system link that I ended up not utilizing due to some time constraints.

I appreciate your help, thanks folks!

Ardor on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2009
    Bring Your Own Cow?

Tube on
    edited September 2009
    The Bring your own computer room...

BigRed on
    edited September 2009
    Bring Your Own Computer. There was that big room in the main ballroom up on the sixth floor where PAX attendees bring their computers (registering in advance) for networked gaming and whatnot.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BigRed is literally a mountain of a man with a Vader-like cape with enforcer stitched inton the back. It's hard not to run into him.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bring Your Own Cow?

Well of course. You don't want to share milk with the rest of the heathens.

Spokane_SnowMan on
    edited September 2009
    I met so many people at pax, and so many people said hi to me and told me their board handle..... I feel bad for not being able to remember them all :P

BigRed on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wanted to add in my thanks as well. All of the enforcers were very helpful and super friendly. Some were a little bit... too friendly :wink:

Thanks again, Enforcers!

Älphämönkëy on
    edited September 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    BigRed is literally a mountain of a man with a Vader-like cape with enforcer stitched inton the back. It's hard not to run into him.

He also has a mountain of a red thermos.

Oh, and I lurve all you Enforcers.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited September 2009
    Ferquin wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »

He also has a mountain of a red thermos.

Filled with a delicious frozen blue caffinated liquid

BigRed on
    edited September 2009
    Damn, I was hoping you'd say it was filled with Code Red.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited September 2009
    Nope, just snobawls

BigRed on
    edited September 2009
    Blah. Sorry, I just can't stand the taste of Bawls. On a related note, I've been cutting caffeine from my diet. I want to apologize to whoever's panels I kept nodding off at.

Okay, back to Enforcer appreciation.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I<3Enforcers.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • taumesontaumeson PAX PC Room Manager Minnesota?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thanked all of them that wern't dressed like and pretending they were in a para-military organization...

Hmm. Some of us are in actual military organizations, so it might be hard to let go. :P I hope that these enforcers (of which I am probably one) didn't make it unenjoyable for you.

taumeson on
    yBfDKg5.png
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The enforcers were all awesome, even when they were obviously tired and trying to herd us buttoneers out of walkways. Thanks to all enforcers for keeping PAX running smoothly. It was fun gifting them with buttons, because they were so appreciative.

Yamara on
    We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hahaha. LOTRO yeah, I didn't mean anything indeed, just good fun.

Thank you attendees for lining up well, and sorry for yelling. Just trying to get on message across to a lot of people and stuff

I really don't remember anyone who was like "I'm on the forums" sorry. I just was overloaded on my foot being in soo. Much pain (stupid broken foot)

I just hope I made the line up room a bit better, and thanks everyone for giving me a enjoyable weekend of pain.

s7arbuck on
  • CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wanted to add in my thanks as well. All of the enforcers were very helpful and super friendly. Some were a little bit... too friendly :wink:

Thanks again, Enforcers!

its cause I deeply love you. ;D

WHY WON'T YOU SHOW YOUR FEELINGS FOR ME!?

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
  • hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thanked you every time we were in together, I can't never thank them enough. I would also like to send a special thanks to the enforces near the chairs on the entrance side of the concert on Saturday. All the enforcers molesting the one in the middle gave me a great giggle during the Freezepop part. And the one in the kilt that tried to tea bag him. You all were great at your job, friendly, and gave an ill women a wonderful PAX experience again. THANK YOU!

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kinja20kinja20 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    how old do you have to be to be an enforcer?

kinja20 on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Atlease 18. (I believe right now I am the youngest enforcer. and if you steal that from me. Well, there can only be one zoolander!)
    kinja20 wrote: »

s7arbuck on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    Atlease 18. (I believe right now I am the youngest enforcer. and if you steal that from me. Well, there can only be one zoolander!)

18 is the correct age. Trust me, I tried to join up earlier.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Enforcers 99.9 percent rocked!

I think I even yelled it to them as I was leaving the hall really really early Sunday morning.

If it were not for those 400ish wonderful people who give up their free time and without pay to deal with a bunch of crazy geeks, PAX would not be all of the awesome it truly is.

I will yell it again "YOU ENFORCERS ROCKED!"

Jules@Party934.com on
  • kinja20kinja20 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    de4dmeta1 wrote: »
    s7arbuck wrote: »

18 is the correct age. Trust me, I tried to join up earlier.

aww:( that sucks

kinja20 on
  • SeanBadSeanBad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I want to thank the enforcers who took me away for stage diving during Anamanaguchi for letting me stay for the show. Seriously they were very cool about it after they told me to never do it again xD Also thank you Makka for being the best. Oh and Eiren..? I think that's how he spelled it, that guy was awesome too.

SeanBad on
  • ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks enforcers, you guys & gals rocked.

ravemonger on
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I adore the enforcers toiling year after year just to make sure we get through the weekend with a minimum of fuss. Although I have to say seeing Catboy so sedate looking on Friday morning was kind of shocking until I found out why. (Good on you, Catboy, and I'm pretty sure the companies knew they were getting the best)
    BTW, Big Red, I loved your cape. I was told a female enforcer also had one on?

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BigRed offered me some of what was in his mystery thermos.

I declined.

Still Enforcers were all awesome. Even when I had some trouble finding BYOC badges the first day and got pointed in the wrong direction a couple of times they went out of their way to fix it so I wasn't even angry for having to make several extra trips to the Hyatt Friday morning.

Asiina on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited September 2009
    Enforcers are RAD.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.