As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey its a loomdun, and he is drawing stuff, how neat [NSFW]

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    those are some striking mans

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Looking good Chase.

rts on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    thanksssss

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    this model decided taking 15 minutes breaks was acceptable so I dont really have many head drawings.

20 minutesss

edit: also i'm a horrible person for toning I seriously didn't mean to I was like okayyy lets do some sweet lines, and then I went DAMN IT!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Loomdun that last one is pretty awesome.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh wow the last last face is pretty nice. And your figure studies are looking slicker and slicker.

.........So last model, what's her number btw?

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
    edited September 2009
    thankss although it isn't really accurate which would of been better if i spent time measuring it rather then toning, also the instructor after the pose was over erased the back of the nose and removed some shadow on the eye to fix the sizes that I messed up on

Loomdun on
    splat
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Awesome arts Loomdun!

Because I haven't seen you post in SE in a while, I wanted to make sure that you saw this:
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    cutepictures23013.jpg

Tube and Loomdun meet for the first time.

UnbrokenEva on
    edited September 2009
    omg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hahahaha that is the best thing.

NightDragon on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Id just like to advocate anatomy study.. Some beautiful rythms and shapes.. and anatomical knowledge will help make it more accurate. Nice drawings man.

Kendeathwalker on
    edited September 2009
    SHAPES

my instructor drew the bottom right foot to explain me stuffs hes so nice

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    I almost lost my concentration today from the 5 brutal weeks of endless well uh studying in my own way but yah I managed to hold on. One more week at least I want moreee anyways near the very end of class I finally realized pressure sensitivty as well as accuracy, and meadow is crazy

5 minutes and 3 minutes

5 3 and 2 minutes and then more 3 minutes

Loomdun on
    splat
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Looking good Chase.

GOD DAMMIT

I was going to figure it out on my own

er

Nice work, loom

Tam on
    edited September 2009
    a chonga wonga monga

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    another day of studying oh no I ran out of newsprint, I hope my instructor comes earlier then he normally does because I need to buy some new newsprint and prepare it up before class starts

Anyways heres some of my studying, I feel as though my accuracy has increased and with this my speed

20 minutess

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    You say a whole day of studying, but by my calculations two 20 minute drawings only adds up to 40 minutes.

rts on
    edited September 2009
    I suppose I cant claim I studied the entire day if its not actually on paper but I did study all day I usually dont like to claim I studied to my instructors and only hope that I produce more positive results each day

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    sadly my last day with 20 minute figure lay in with my favorite instructor, so I put fourth all my effort and focused intensely in my concentration today more so then normal

he drew over the first one so I dont need to show that one

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    your proportions and general ideas are looking good.. just anatomical flaws

itd propably be a great exercise to get tracing paper and try to draw the skeleton and muscles inside your drawings.

Kendeathwalker on
    edited September 2009
    MAYBE

Loomdun on
    splat
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    improved tenfold!

the artist you thought you were might still emerge yet :-)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited September 2009
    look at all them quicksketches my very last drawing, my hand started pressing lighter, I hope this carry's on tomorrow.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You're really starting to get a knack for faces.

They're two levels ahead of your figure studies, but that's understandable because human anatomy is challenging.

Godfather on
    edited September 2009
    its also partially the fact that I dont have a figure drawing class and 2 head drawing classes, the figures I draw are during uninstructed workshops so I dont really have anyone to tell me hey be more general with shapes except bacon/cake

but thank you

nest semester i'm going to have a figure drawing class and a head

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    You should be more general with shapes.

rts on
    edited September 2009
    i'm tryinggggg, I'm excited to see what I do this friday now that i'm way more aware of trying to at least know what to generalize

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    Don't learn too hard....you're just going to forget it all during the break.

rts on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I don't believe I get to do a class specifically on the head/skull, but it's definitely covered in one of my classes for sure. I do know that there'll be a class exclusively over hands and feet for one semester, but I don't feel like that's enough.

Your figures seem to focus on angle studies (?). That was my assumption, because when you break it down into this, you start seeing the shapes easier, both positive and negative.

I also checked your school's website, and is it really only $375 for a class? It only meets up once a week, which is a shame, but it sounds like something I could really use over the summer.

Godfather on
    edited September 2009
    the ominous break, I will be drawing endlessly unless a certain someone can manage to drag me out of the apartment

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    Yeah $375 a class once a week. Unless you take 6 classes then you get the 7th free!!

Unless you take 10 classes then you get the 11th and 12th free!!!

rts on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    Yeah $375 a class once a week. Unless you take 6 classes then you get the 7th free!!

Unless you take 10 classes then you get the 11th and 12th free!!!

Also 4 classes or more means you get the uninstructed figure workshop for free, don't forget that.

[/obvious plug]

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited September 2009
    LAAFA LAAFA LAAFA LAAFA

Kendeathwalker on
    edited September 2009
    oh god, its a laafatarian just pretend we are not here

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    Whats so funny?!

rts on
    edited September 2009
    oh hey look what I can do now

i'm gonna go pretend theres a model in my room now and draw for a bit on all my cheapo paper

after I drew a tiny me checking out a imaginary naked man I decided I should sleep, but i'll definitely be doing something like this over the 3 weeks while studying birdgeman while trying to soften my pressure

Loomdun on
    splat
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm drawing on my extremely limited knowledge of anatomy here, but there are two things which stand out to me from those last two pages. The leg on the leftmost guy on the first page seems to be twisted - maybe showing too much thigh or with the ankle in the wrong position. The shoulder of the guy on the bottom of the second page also seems to be pushed in to his torso. I might be completely wrong, but to me they don't seem to look quite right.

You're drawings are coming along very very well Loom! Especially the portraits. Good work man. :)

I really need to take some figure-drawing classes so I can learn some techniques. Though mainly I just need more practice.

Flay on
    edited September 2009
    yah I probably wont post my imagination drawings anymore since it will be more for just keeping my hand moving exercises or i'll explode type thing

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    Its propably interfering with the path that you've been placed on to say this, but the reason you are having trouble drawing from imagination goes back to what I mentioned in my response to you in my thread. You dont have any shapes to refer to when drawing from imagination so you have to understand the 3d volumes that created those shapes when they are transferred onto a 2d surface. The elements of those 3d volumes being anatomy. What is there to measure against when you are drawing from imagination? the second you put the figure in something other than anatomical pose all the canons of head heights etc.. go out the window.

That was a long winded way of saying.. look at cambiaso and study him and all the other old masters if you are going to try and draw from imagination.

This is also where I can come and say "you are doing it all wrong"

Kendeathwalker on
    edited September 2009
    oh god i'm saying stupid stuff why am I saying stupid stuff.

Loomdun on
    splat