As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[miniphalla] Phallanx: A Newbie Phalla - Game Over. Mafia win.

• LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This does seem to be a solid plan, these Masons coming forward.

I agree, but the way you've phrased this is suspicious.

mEEksa and LoserForHireX

8-)

People who haven't voted:

Talleyrand
    Rawwking Goodguy

Vote tally:

boogedyboo: 1 (lodwilk)
    dogbone33: 5 (Suki, LoserForHireX, Ringo, Robos A Go Go, SimpsonsParadox)
    Gonmun: 1 (pigeonking)
    LoserForHireX: 1 (LemmingHead)
    pablo_price: 1 (mEEksa)
    Rawwking Goodguy: 1 (dogbone33)
    Ringo: 1 (Hippie)
    Robos A Go Go: 4 (Kistra, boogedyboo, uean, Timothy Leary Come Check Out This Theory)
    SimpsonsParadox: 2 (Gonmun, pablo_price)
    Timothy Leary Come Check Out This Theory: 1 (Grobian)

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok, since I'm going out soon and may not be back in time for the narration, I'll have to change my vote from silly reasoning to something with at least a small glimmer of rationalism.

So !Timothy Leary Come Check Out This Theory and !Suki

He voted for the first bandwagon of the game (dogbone) while just repeating the reasons of the first two guys. I know that's not much, but we don't have anything to go by.

I do think Robos plan is at least worth thinking about, so I won't vote him out for proposing it. I also doubt that he is really in danger, so I don't have to bandwagon Dogbone to save him. (uean will probably change his vote away from Robos, Kistra might do the same)

Grobian on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !rawkking

!Robos

I can say that is my first ever almost a grudg vote. I don't wants to die either. I just got my armor nice and shiny.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    !rawkking

!Robos

I can say that is my first ever almost a grudg vote. I don't wants to die either. I just got my armor nice and shiny.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    !rawkking

!Robos

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Since I'm the challenged I choose the weapons.

I choose a hoagie battle.

Dogbone33 on

edited September 2009
    Oh no.

Not... the hoagie battle!

We're all doomed.

On that note, what happens in the event of a tie?

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    what happens in the event of a tie?

The first player to reach the tied number of votes "wins" the vote.

Julius Caezure on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay, here's the deal with the reveals as I see it (and as I've discussed a bit with the mentor):

3 of us are going to die tonight:

1 to the village
    1 to the vig
    1 to the mafia

If the narration is going to reveal which faction/power killed whom, then we're pretty golden. We don't usually know this until after night 1 though. Anyway, the Vig should reveal his kill choice after vote close but before narration tonight. That means that tomorrow the guardian can guard the vig and the seer can seer the vig and then reveal himself to the vig because he should know the Vig's spartan name which has been redacted from the OP role posts.

Day three, the seer can start seering anybody who contacts the vig and claims a special role. So that should be the guardian and one of the two masoned brothers (the other one won't need seering as he's already confirmed). If the mafia gets three days of non-special kills that means we have a pretty well setup network by day 4.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ^that looks like a solid plan to me.

one correction though: the mafia gets 2 kills a night. (it's in their role PM in the OP)

SaraLuna on
  • TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Grobian wrote: »
    He voted for the first bandwagon of the game (dogbone) while just repeating the reasons of the first two guys. I know that's not much, but we don't have anything to go by.

Yeah anyone who starts a bandwagon or jumps on one without any good reasons on the first day is suspicious to me, sooo...!Suki.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    one correction though: the mafia gets 2 kills a night. (it's in their role PM in the OP)

Oh, whoops. I didn't see that. Well, more chances for everything to go wrong and we lose our specials early! Hooray?

I guess that's why the Vets like to look at voting history so much.

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited September 2009
    I'll change my vote to Suki when/if he's on the brink of taking the lead.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2009
    I'll change my vote to Suki when/if he's on the brink of taking the lead.

If we both change then he goes to four and we drop to four. Three way tie. Then we just sit back and wait for another person or persons to see the true light.

And we can enjoy our hoagies instead of duelling with them.

Dogbone33 on

edited September 2009
    Good idea, dogbone!

Suki it is!

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2009
    !Robos

!Suki

Now we all have a good direction.

Dogbone33 on

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Christ, the last two times I've tried to post the forums have gone down. Are the people making the forums go distracted by PAX or something? Perhaps swine flu?

Since a bandwagon change of this nature would be kinda suspicious for mafia to start, I support the !Suki bandwagon. The whole tied votes between Robos and Dogbone would have been bad, because if one of them was mafia they would have been able to subtly tip the scales.

I support the vig reveal plan as well. Masons should not reveal if we're going with this (they can contact the vig and vote for each other).

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited September 2009
    We don't know that the vig will be online right before the day ends, though.

Also, the mafia might be allowed to change their target at the last second. The close of voting doesn't necessarily mean that the night's other targets aren't locked in as well.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2009
    The OP says any actions taken after 9:59EST will not count. I'm guessing that means the mafia is locked into their choice as much as anyone else is.

Dogbone33 on

edited September 2009
    Dogbone is correct. All votes and orders must be received prior to vote close in order for them to count.

Julius Caezure on
    edited September 2009
    If the vig gets dead at any point, then one of the masons can reveal themselves and asked to be guarded/seered. If two people claimed to be one of the Masons, well then one of the mafia has just revealed themselves, and I'd gladly exchange a 1 for 1 there.

The key is that the other mason stays hidden so that the first one can share all the PMs with that other person in case the guard fails to act and the revealed mason gets killed. The hidden mason can then reveal himself to the village by knowing the contents of those PMs and hopefully be successfully guarded from then on.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited September 2009
    And now I just realized that if everything I've just said has made sense to everyone, I'm gonna get killed by the mafia day one for appearing to be knowledgeable. Bummer.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just because it's knowledgable it doesn't mean you're going to die tonight.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As it is we've had quite a few quiet players thus far as well.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    edited September 2009
    You could die. Being knowledgeable does that.

Then again, any of us could die by the mafia. Except mafia.

If the vig doesn't announce his kill tonight, a mason should definitely reveal. There seem to be a lot of ways to construct a village network in this game, so we should make sure to get on it quickly.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited September 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

pigeonking has made 2 posts so far: his signup and his vote, as have lodwilk, Tim Leary, and boogedyboo. Quite a few quiet players, indeed.

we're watching you guys

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • SukiSuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok, since I'm going out soon and may not be back in time for the narration, I'll have to change my vote from silly reasoning to something with at least a small glimmer of rationalism.

I do think Robos plan is at least worth thinking about, so I won't vote him out for proposing it. I also doubt that he is really in danger, so I don't have to bandwagon Dogbone to save him. (uean will probably change his vote away from Robos, Kistra might do the same)

Grobian Hmmm... so your saying that because I chose a bandwagon which had some other votes on it and repeating others reasoning, you are going to vote for me for no other reason than that? How is your reasoning any different from my own?

Suki on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Considering how little information we have to work with so far, I'd prefer to not make a target of myself for no reason. You know, like what happened to dogbone.

Daypigeon on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

pigeonking has made 2 posts so far: his signup and his vote, as have lodwilk, Tim Leary, and boogedyboo. Quite a few quiet players, indeed.

we're watching you guys

I was a reserve :P

TL DR on
    edited September 2009
    Suki wrote: »

Grobian Hmmm... so your saying that because I chose a bandwagon which had some other votes on it and repeating others reasoning, you are going to vote for me for no other reason than that? How is your reasoning any different from my own?

Grobian started the bandwagon on you. You jumped onto the bandwagon on Dogbone. Jumping onto a bandwagon without your own reason makes you suspicious, as there aren't any leaders in this game (yet).

this is phalla, trust no one

edit: I know that, Tim, but I was just pointing it out. Also your post had no substance.

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll probably change my vote from pablo_price at some point, I'm just trying to figure who is the most likely to be the mafia between dogbone, gogo and suki.

mEEksa on
    edited September 2009
    I am perfectly willing to let my love for The Beatles Rockband lead me to kill both dogbone today and Hippie tomorrow (barring any significant evidence from day one). On day one irrational bandwagons are pretty much the norm.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I should also change my RNG vote to someone else. So, Ringo

And out of the top three contenders i'm going to say.... Suki

Fingers crossed for taking out a mafia day 1.

Hippie on
  • KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sniff... :cry:

I'm kind of sad it no longer looks like a three way hoagie fight. I was curious what metric would be used for judging a hoagie fight. Stale bread would definitely make a better weapon but a worse hoagie. Crunchy vegetables give bonuses maybe?

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
    edited September 2009
    Spartans do not eat vegetables. :P

Julius Caezure on
    edited September 2009
    Kistra wrote: »
    Sniff... :cry:

I'm kind of sad it no longer looks like a three way hoagie fight. I was curious what metric would be used for judging a hoagie fight. Stale bread would definitely make a better weapon but a worse hoagie. Crunchy vegetables give bonuses maybe?

Persians ONLY use stale bread for their sandwiches. How are your jaws going to be strong enough to bite the persian soldier in front of you when your arms have been severed otherwise?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

we're watching you guys

I picked up Batman Arkham Aslyum last night. So I've been a tad busy punching crazy people in the face and throwing them off of railings.

lodwilk on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Spartan diet consists solely of nails and Persians.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited September 2009
    lodwilk wrote: »

we're watching you guys

I picked up Batman Arkham Aslyum last night. So I've been a tad busy punching crazy people in the face and throwing them off of railings.

Punching crazy people, huh? Sounds entertaining.

Also, don't forget to turn on invisible mode.

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • boogedybooboogedyboo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LemmingHead wrote:

we're watching you guys

Just got back from work, currently reading through the previous posts. :)
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    The Spartan diet consists solely of nails and Persians.

and we're all out of nails!

boogedyboo on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think that we should make Gogo, Dogbone, and Suki have the three ways buttsechs. Whichever of them is reluctant is obviously a Persian.

Or perhaps we can offer them all little boys...

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche