As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultimate Dungeon Delve LFG thread

124»

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, how far'd everyone make it? I won't give spoilers for those who haven't played yet, but I will say what killed my group in round 2: TIME (DAMAGE OUTPUT, PEOPLE, DAMAGE OUTPUT).

Totally had a blast, though. I'd like to give a shout-out to the rest of my SouthSide crew, Ian, Irene and Andrew, who totally blew away the challenges, especially considering this was Andrew's first 4th Ed Game ever.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    bdragobdrago Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Timed out in encounter two. The dice with lethal damage were literally on the table (we had the guy "on deck" prerolling hit and damage), but he cut us off at exactly 45 minutes. We had one PC with 21 damage, the other four had not been touched, and we had not cast a single heal.
    Our DM was not very good for this kind of event. He didn't know how very basic mechanics worked like fighter's Combat Challenge or the Blinded condition, even though there was a monster that causes Blindness. He also didn't understand that a shift doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks, even if the PC shifts more than one space because of a power.

The worst part was the monster that took half damage. It took him 10-15 seconds every time we damaged them to calculate what half damage would be. If he had simply doubled the monster's HP and counted that way, we would have finished.

bdrago on
  • Options
    solomanisolomani Sydney, AURegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We just finished it. Ran out of time on the third encounter. Cleared the top level with only 2 minutes to spare and then the invisible enemy at the bottom slowed us down enougth that we didnt get back to the elevator again.

I recomend you take Leader, Defender, Striker, Striker, Striker. Make sure one striker is an excellent ranged character. Also helpful if another striker is AOE.

solomani on
  • Options
    jimgoingsjimgoings Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We beat it in the most exiciting finale ever! It was soooo close!

Full details on Dragon Avenue: http://www.dragonavenue.com/dnd/post/we_won_the_pax_2009_ultimate_dungeon_delve/

jimgoings on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My group of friends who'd been preparing for months got screwed by a slow DM. :/

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    My group of friends who'd been preparing for months got screwed by a slow DM. :/

Though I think thats possible I doubt it. Since they had plenty of practice running the UDD multiple times. Its also very stressful being a DM for one of these things...

solomani on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No offense to our DM, He had even said he hadn't really prepared for it, also my group was FLYING through or turns but come the DMs turn he was constantly looking through pages and reading and yeah he was REALLY slow.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    No offense to our DM, He had even said he hadn't really prepared for it, also my group was FLYING through or turns but come the DMs turn he was constantly looking through pages and reading and yeah he was REALLY slow.

That would be annoying...

solomani on
This discussion has been closed.