As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everyone Hide! Mustang is in the [CHAT]!

• PetalmunkPetalmunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Congrats, MT!
    What's the position?

Petalmunk on
  • PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Petalmunk wrote: »
    Congrats, MT!
    What's the position?

Your mom, loaoaololOLOlOlOlllolOllOlOlllll....
    I got paid today and its my day off from work!

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Its an in-house design job. Just like the one I have now, but without millions of dollars for advertising budget.

MagicToaster on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing (the job I mean).

Anyway, congrats MT!

Flay on
    edited September 2009
    I get to go to Japan with a Job. I get to study Japanese and Chinese and actually get the chance to use them! It's GREAT!

MagicToaster on
  • PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Its an in-house design job. Just like the one I have now, but without millions of dollars for advertising budget.

Not soo bad though. When I had two jobs, I quit one that paid more cause the other one had better hours for me to do my artwork(bad comparison, but you get it). Also, having a lower budget will help you think more critically, and you getting to go to japan, w00t.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Charis wrote: »
    I saw someone mention The National a bit ago. I think it was actually Mustang. This might redeem him. I mean, Alligator and Boxer were both triumphs.

My then Wife-to-be and I walked "down the aisle" to All the Wine by The National. (* not really an aisle, as it was at the registry office, not in a church). We didn't tell anyone we were getting married, so it was just us and a couple of witnesses.

Then at the big wedding party we threw after we'd told everyone, I was DJ'ing for a while and played All the Wine at the end of the night and everyone danced and sang along.

Dancing with my wife, and about a hundred of my friends, everyone drunk and singing: "All the wine is all for me! All the wine is all for me!" will be a memory I take with me to the grave and the song brings tears to my eyes because of it.

EDIT:

Grats MT! That sounds awesome, hope it works out!

Grenn on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sooooooooooooo, I got a job offer from Japan.

Nothing official yet, but an offer.

Wooo! Awesome man, keepin' mah fingahs crossed fer ya.

Gren: that sounds like quite the memory. I'm not crying because I'm a man... but if I was crying, they'd totally be manly tears.

Prospicience on
    edited September 2009
    Pious wrote: »
    Also, having a lower budget will help you think more critically

The great thing about the job I have now is that this is the second largest medical insurance company in my country. So, everyone takes my projects really seriously, press men bend over backwards for me and suppliers travel halfway across the island to bring me samples of what ever it is we're printing on.

But this is only because there is a lot of money involved. I know that at the smaller places, press men won't be so eager to re-print 100,000 boxes when the colors are off.

MagicToaster on
    edited September 2009
    So I just stumbled on the SE++ photoshop tennis thread... stomach hurts... from too much laughing.

Prospicience on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Congrats, MT! :D Good luck with that!

NightDragon on
    edited September 2009
    So I just stumbled on the SE++ photoshop tennis thread... stomach hurts... from too much laughing.

Link please!

Also, thanks ND! I'll let you guys know how it goes as it develops!

MagicToaster on
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shit my new teacher is a beast.

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    Man, I wish the images were larger than thumbnails. :\

They look really cool, though!

NightDragon on
    edited September 2009
    Me too! I think she's trying to prevent people from stealing them, but shit, I want to see. She said she might bring some of them in. That one that is the graphic for the side of her website is gorgeous.

Charis on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the aztec tooth..drilling one is pretty awesome. I like the old school inquisition ones too.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    aw shucks, I done missed the debate

oh well, got a lot to do today

need a haircut
    gotta go check on m. luteus culture
    need to get brake pads replaced and the rotors resurfaced
    then work

Tam on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I almost have a website

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    Oh, right...Metal...I was going to say "don't fucking use GoDaddy, at all, ever". I can't tell you how many times I've heard that they were absolute shit. I have personally never used them, but from what I have heard, they are something to avoid.

My host is rated as having fantastic uptime. I got my domain from them, too. They're not the cheapest-cheapest, but I've been really happy with 'em, and they're still pretty inexpensive, considering everything. Only $6/month. I guess it depends on what you need, really. I don't need a huge amount of server space or bandwidth, or anything really fancy, and these guys suit me just fine. I just really wanted a host that had great uptime.

NightDragon on
    edited September 2009
    Oh, right...Metal...I was going to say "don't fucking use GoDaddy, at all, ever". I can't tell you how many times I've heard that they were absolute shit. I have personally never used them, but from what I have heard, they are something to avoid.

My host is rated as having fantastic uptime. I got my domain from them, too. They're not the cheapest-cheapest, but I've been really happy with 'em, and they're still pretty inexpensive, considering everything. Only $6/month. I guess it depends on what you need, really. I don't need a huge amount of server space or bandwidth, or anything really fancy, and these guys suit me just fine. I just really wanted a host that had great uptime.

Hey thanks for your advice yesterday.
    I only bought three months of hosting, so if I don't like it after that time, I'll change hosts.

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    I've actually used godaddy for a couple years now (both for work and personal) and haven't had any problems... yet.

@MT: Photoshoppe Tennis - http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=99067

Prospicience on
    edited September 2009
    Good deal, Metal.

NightDragon on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think the filename says it all.
    crawdadiateyourcousins.png
    I'm sorry, but they were so delicious!

no_toast on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I almost have a website
    The internet doesn't need another website for amateur mouth-shitting enthusiasts.
    So it's a good thing you're a pro.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited September 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    I almost have a website
    The internet doesn't need another website for amateur mouth-shitting enthusiasts.
    So it's a good thing you're a pro.

Actually, I was thinking about starting a failblog for webcomics.

I figured I might want to do something a little more professional to start off, though, so that's on the back burner.

Metalbourne on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Being professional?

On the back burner? I don't think that's even on the stove, Metalbourne. It's not even in the fridge. In fact, I'm fairly certain that not only did you not purchase it at the store, it wasn't even on your grocery list. How can you put something on the back burner when you don't even have it? How??

CheerfulBear on
  • SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So the intro to that new Beatles Rock Band game is pretty flippin' awesome:
    watch?v=6iOBPk9ixwk
    I wish I had a way to play it.

Sonic on
    edited September 2009
    Being professional?

On the back burner? I don't think that's even on the stove, Metalbourne. It's not even in the fridge. In fact, I'm fairly certain that not only did you not purchase it at the store, it wasn't even on your grocery list. How can you put something on the back burner when you don't even have it? How??

Your mom.

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    It hasn't even been processed into food, it's still in a field somwhere eating grass.

MagicToaster on
    edited September 2009
    Sonic wrote: »
    So the intro to that new Beatles Rock Band game is pretty flippin' awesome

Yes indeed it is!

NightDragon on
    edited September 2009
    I haven't stopped hearing about that game. Eleven alumni from my school were on the staff, and three of them were from the Illustration department, so all of the department heads are psyched about it.

"Hey guys, do your homework! Don't you ever want to design for cool things like Rock Band?!"

Charis on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Quit my hotel job today. Feels real fucking good. I'll probably be working another few days to let him hire a replacement. Gonna live off of loan money for the rest of the semester!

ManonvonSuperock on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sonic wrote: »
    So the intro to that new Beatles Rock Band game is pretty flippin' awesome:
    I wish I had a way to play it.

The ending animation is pretty kewl too but I can't find it anywhere online yet. It isn't as long as the opening one, but great all the same.

earthwormadam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've never really felt the need to play a rock band guitar hero game, but I'm gagging to play this. I did want to get the instrument pack, but it's way to expensive. I've grown up with the beatles, everybody in my family is a fan, and lady mustangs folks are liverpudlians, so her side is a given. We're actually going to Liverpool in november to visit her side of the family, so i'm going to hit up a rockin beatles tour while we're there.

Mustang on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    i have a drafting table and it is awesome woo

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2009
    i have a dream and it is awesome woo

MagicToaster on
    edited September 2009
    alright d-robe you got me into this now you get me out. What the fuck am I missing to make my website do the internet thing.

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    code

NightDragon on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    alright d-robe you got me into this now you get me out. What the fuck am I missing to make my website do the internet thing.

bitches

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited September 2009
    No I'm not that far yet. It needs more internet stuff.

Metalbourne on
This discussion has been closed.