As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Swapped 360 hard drives - annoying problems

ErandusErandus Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So, several weeks ago, our 360 red ringed. Out of warranty. We bought a new Arcade and slapped our old HD on it.

It has never really worked right since then. I recovered my gamer tag, but I know the HD the console aren't quite getting along. Our rock band downloaded songs are only available when I am signed in, not when anyone on the console was signed in as it used to be, that sort of thing. My account no longer signs in as the default. If I queue up things to buy on Live Marketplace, and go switch on the console, the downloads do not begin automatically. If I examine the pending downloads it says they're queued for another console, or something to that effect.

Is there a fix for this aside from re-downloading everything? Can I somehow re-associate my HD with the new console?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Erandus on

• RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There's a license-transfer tool you can download from Microsoft. This is the Major Nelson post for it.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/06/26/content-license-transfer-tool-aka-the-drm-tool.aspx

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To download your licenses to your new console:
    1. Make sure you're signed in to Xbox LIVE with this account: Kadrium.
    2. Press the silver Guide button on your controller to open the Xbox Guide. Go to Settings and select Account Management, then select Download History.
    3. Select an item and then select Download Again.
    4. Repeat step 3 for each item in your download history.

There is not a D: big enough to express my D:.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Erandus wrote: »
    To download your licenses to your new console:
    1. Make sure you're signed in to Xbox LIVE with this account: Kadrium.
    2. Press the silver Guide button on your controller to open the Xbox Guide. Go to Settings and select Account Management, then select Download History.
    3. Select an item and then select Download Again.
    4. Repeat step 3 for each item in your download history.

There is not a D: big enough to express my D:.

Note that if the content is still present on your drive, it doesn't download all of the data again, just the license. It's still a pain in the ass, but maybe not as big of one as you are thinking.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That is somewhat reassuring. I do have over 250 rock band downloads, so it's gonna take time no matter what. Still, better than actually downloading them all.

Thanks for the advice.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]