As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Let's kick some ice.

• Options
    KomplexKomplex Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I cannot believe they actually found a trade for heatly.

Komplex on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    NO FUCKING WAY! I didn't think they were getting that done. Well shit. Here's hoping the Sharks can still unload Marleau -- no offense to him, but he's got too much baggage from the underachieving teams hanging off of him. He needs to go.

chromdom on
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    chromdom wrote: »
    NO FUCKING WAY! I didn't think they were getting that done. Well shit. Here's hoping the Sharks can still unload Marleau -- no offense to him, but he's got too much baggage from the underachieving teams hanging off of him. He needs to go.

No he doesn't.

By your logic Joe Thornton should go too.

Marleau is the only proven playoff performer. It's not his fault his other superstars (Thornton and Nabokov) can't step up to his level.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    Red ZoneRed Zone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sharks.png

Yay for heatley.

Also nabakov needs to go. We need some young blood in goal.

Red Zone on
    1vqtC.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    3v wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »

No he doesn't.

By your logic Joe Thornton should go too.

Marleau is the only proven playoff performer. It's not his fault his other superstars (Thornton and Nabokov) can't step up to his level.

Jumbo doesn't necessarily need to go, but if he doesn't show up in the playoffs this year, then yeah, I'll say that about him too. Nabby is definitely on his way out. SJ needs a change of blood, a change of leadership. Thornton may be part of the new hungry Sharks, and this, for me, is is his decider year. so nyah! :P Marleau already hd his chance and then some. Ship him out.

chromdom on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Red Zone wrote: »
    Sharkslogo

Yay for heatley.

Also nabakov needs to go. We need some young blood in goal.

We need some young talent in goal. Nabby had it, doesn't any more. I don't think Griess is ready to step up, so I'm more than a little concerned about the Sharks in net.

chromdom on
  • Options
    Red ZoneRed Zone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sharks D is good enough for a young guy to play in net. Give griess more playing time

Red Zone on
    1vqtC.jpg
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Go team.
    ice_ho1.jpg

Maybe?

okay sweet I have someone to feel sorry for even when I cheer for the leafs, great.

also woot for having unlimited bandwidth next year, might actually watch some games without having to wait for the very final series (which is all that gets played on TV here).

Seriously, man, I cheer for one of the least glamorous teams in the league with virtually no achievements to their name. But whatever. Kings rule.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    humble wrote: »
    you cheer for the isles

they have a more storied history and have the new number one draft pick in tavares

They don't have a more storied history than an original six team. Sorry.

except the dynasty they had

The Oilers had a dynasty and no one in their right mind would say they have a more storied history than an original six team.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sharks D was good enough.

Now....

It's going to be interesting to watch. Remember we lost Ehrhoff(who wasn't great in the defensive zone but he was shaping up) and Lukowich who was a very defensive defenseman.

I think we're going to have 2 rookies rounding out the top 6 of Boyle Blake Murray Vlasic Huskins.

Petrecki or Joslin. Joslin wasn't too terrible when he got called up last season and Petrecki looks good so far in rookie camp.

Or we will sign Dandenault and one of the rooks will stay down with the AHL sharks for the season.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Theo Fleury is attempting a come back.

The Flames invited him to training camp.

mcp on
  • Options
    AceFantasticAceFantastic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Jesus christ I hope he makes it. For such a legendary figure he deserves to leave the NHL on his own terms, not because he can't keep a bottle from his mouth.

AceFantastic on
    tegan.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jesus christ I hope he makes it. For such a legendary figure he deserves to leave the NHL on his own terms, not because he can't keep a bottle from his mouth.

Agreed, but he's old and hasn't played at a serious level (I think he was playing some senior hockey in BC(??)) in years. He deserves to go out better than he did, but ya really gotta question if he can hack it right now.

chromdom on
  • Options
    AceFantasticAceFantastic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    He was playing for a towns senior team outside of Winnipeg last year. Wish I had known that while he was playing, I would have loved to have seen him dominate a seniors team.

AceFantastic on
    tegan.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The guy has it in him to be a role player, I believe. Fuck, if Claud Lemieux could still lace them up last year for a few games, I think Theo can.

Morgenstern on
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you cheer for the isles

they have a more storied history and have the new number one draft pick in tavares

The Oilers had a dynasty and no one in their right mind would say they have a more storied history than an original six team.

i can safely say that the oilers have a better history then the rangers

humble on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Natek, I do love the college hockey and watch whenever I can, it's awesome.

Hey 3v; fuck San Jose!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    No.

Fuck you!

3v on
    512285-1.png
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    you cheer for the isles

i can safely say that the oilers have a better history then the rangers

Then you'd continue your streak of being wrong.

Morgenstern on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    but im not

because the oilers of the 80's are probably the best hockey team in the nhl that will ever exist

edit: just because a team is older doesnt mean it has more history

humble on
  • Options
    Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    but im not

because the oilers of the 80's are probably the best hockey team in the nhl that will ever exist

Uh. Uuuuh. HAHAHAHAHA

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    well it doesn't

they could have done absolutely nothing interesting for a long time, not a difficult concept.

L|ama on
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gonna go out on a limb and call it: Avs are gonna win at least 15 games. Hell yeah.

ArcticXC on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    but im not

Uh. Uuuuh. HAHAHAHAHA

Just existing isn't really having a lot of history in the sense that was being discussed.

And the Oilers of the 80s (and yes, I'm biased) could easily be put up there as one of the most important teams in the history of the NHL. Because they really were the best, and I don't see that many amazing players ending up on the same team ever again. It was a perfect storm.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    bruins.gif

'nuff said

Also fuck the Habs.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    SkitchenSkitchen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm following hockey this year for the first time ever. I'll be watching mainly three teams, and I'm sure two out of the three will be disappointments. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy watching the Bruins, given my love for bears, baked beans, and Dropkick Murphys. I can basically count on the Blue Jackets and the Islanders to choke, I think.

Skitchen on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Skitchen wrote: »
    I'm following hockey this year for the first time ever. I'll be watching mainly three teams, and I'm sure two out of the three will be disappointments. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy watching the Bruins, given my love for bears, baked beans, and Dropkick Murphys. I can basically count on the Blue Jackets and the Islanders to choke, I think.

I don't know, Jackets were looking pretty good last year. They've turned themselves around recently and I can see them surprising some people in the upcoming season.

Islanders, yeah. Long as that management team is there, that's going to be a clusterfuck of a team.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    SkitchenSkitchen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll have to keep a closer eye on the jackets then, I only live about an hour away from their home stadium, maybe I'll get the chance to watch a game live. Watching highlights from this thread has me sufficiently excited for the season to start. Is there anywhere to watch games online? I'm not entirely sure if my sports package includes NHL channels.

Skitchen on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    2795_564454546597_19601887_33400728_2913178_n.jpg

ill be at the garden tomorrow for the game vs bruins.

about damn time

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i have a copy of nhl 10 in my hands

cant wait to go home and play it tonight

humble on
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wish I could get tickets for games. They've sold out all year for a few seasons in a row now.

Just hoping the wifes uncle serves up some seats for us since his law firm are season ticket holders.

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i forgot samuelsson went to the canucks

he could be real good with the sedins

humble on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    woo time for the leafs to blow goats for a 43rd consecutive season.

i think i'll be a 'nucks fan this year.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    woo time for the leafs to blow goats for a 43rd consecutive season.

i think i'll be a 'nucks fan this year.

yessss

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i have a copy of nhl 10 in my hands

cant wait to go home and play it tonight

i think i have you on my friends list for XBL, I wonder if enough people will pick it up that we can make our own SE league.

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SE doesnt seem to be big on hockey

g&t seem to have a league or something

humble on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    the draft in the be a pro is cool but frustrating

i was ranked 15th and played the rookie game and moved to 2nd to be picked by the coyotes

humble on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, G&T has a NHL 10 EASHL team coming up soon after the game comes out, as well as vs. seasons. If anyone here wants to join if nobody starts anything in SE, then you can make a post about it in the G&T thread or ask me or something and we can include you easy.

Schide on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is the thread where we just talk shit.

Fucking Penguins.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tonkka wrote: »
    This is the thread where we just talk shit.

Fucking Penguins.

More like...

Bettguins..
    :?

3v on
    512285-1.png
    Koreans 4 Gate like this