As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2009 Survey!

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited October 2009 in PAX Archive
So besides us beginning to scour through the official suggestions thread, we'd love to get your thoughts on a more numerical level as well.

Anyway, you can check out our survey here. When i get the results all tallied up i'll share as usual.

Thanks!

-Robert

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ask me anything Khoo. I could never lie to you.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Khoo-p up the good work.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I even answered the "personal" question. Khoo deserved it.

Djiem on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Booo!

I filled it out! I'm a winner!

Also the >400 miles, I think I beat that by...a bit.

Asiina on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yay i answered your survey!

beavotron on
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think I may have let out what may be a profanity in some cultures on your survey.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    PoisonRamunePoisonRamune Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hope my input helped!
    Once again, great convention!

PoisonRamune on
    rwn_bannersmlpa.gif
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Khoo, try to move PAX back to August next year. Do it for me! I'm just some guy!

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    Booo!

I filled it out! I'm a winner!

Also the >400 miles, I think I beat that by...a bit.

Me too.

By like 5,600 miles.

In my car.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    DopeskiDopeski Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Four days?

Hell YES!

Dopeski on
  • Options
    smerksmerk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Round trip over 26,000 KM. Worth every inch.

Should add another question: are you planning to go to PAXEast? Answer:yes. And hopefully not alone.

and this time, I will better balance time in the gaming rooms and going to presentations.

smerk on
    What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ooh! I'll take the survey as soon as I get back home, still ccsting it up! Yay PAX! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We need a survey where we can list whether or not we got sick.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    WhizWartWhizWart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wanted to give more detail on the "did you have fun?" question. Keep in mind I lost the group I came with and was bingo cash and got lost in Seattle later, and I STILL had an awesome time.

WhizWart on
  • Options
    spiderz13spiderz13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yea i replied!

I am from NY so it was definitely over 400 Miles for the trip. First PAX ever and by all the fun i had i hope i never miss one again. Here i come PAX East and a nice drive.

edit: o yea 4 DAYS = WIN

spiderz13 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    o yea 4 DAYS = WIN

Honestly, the reason I wanted 4 days is so I could get more freeplay in while still getting to the sessions I wanted to. Missed out on Wil Wheaton because I couldnt tear myself away.

Same number of sessions, more spread out. that's the ticket.

Oh yeah, and the survey says: You have failed your fortitude save. PaxPox has taken over your internal human organs.

smerk on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Suggested a 4-day PAX in Podunk, Idaho, who's with me?!?

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Well a guy did suggest Melbourne, Australia in the Q&As, so I subbose <sniff> dadt Anywhere is on de dable.

At least there's a chance of getting a good coffee in Melbourne.

I put London as a more realistic third location, but Sydney or melbourne would be a good premium location, especially as we could have it in say December, which is Australian High Summer.

smerk on
  • Options
    xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Survey Filled out! :)

xibalba on
  • Options
    CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think doing mini-PAX get togethers (ie, probably no expo hall, or just one or two companies sponsoring the expo hall) in the Seattle area would be pretty cool. Could even use the Bellevue Convention Center (PAX's old location) to host it.

Cybit on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Survey complete.

>400 miles, roughly 8-9 times that.

4 days, yes please!

And being from the navel of America a PAX somewhere in the Mid-West would be awesome.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PlaneGuyPlaneGuy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    smerk wrote: »
    I put London as a more realistic third location

The great thing about any europax would be that it could be an exact copy of last year's us pax thanks to terrible euro release schedules :winky:

PlaneGuy on
  • Options
    CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Blackdragon, I think I love your signature.

Also, HELL YES to 4 days.

Cybit on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow there's no middle ground on that four day question. :lol:

On one hand, four days is one extra day of awesome.

On the other, an extra day of enforcing and trying to take an extra day off might be killer (unless it spills over to the holiday... which does kinda work...).

Sacrifices must be made. Four days it is!

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the thing about 4 day is that the fourth day would be labor day, so odds are you'd have it off already. the thing for enforcers is the tear down, we might lose a few people, but with as quick as teardown went this year (even with the domino's setup!), we should probably be ok.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PAX is already four days with Thursday completely taken up by Pre-Pax activities. I'd have to lose those or turn PAX into 5 days. That's a bit to much. Though 5 days would be awesome so I didn't answer that question.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm with four days, but I'd have to get a hotel further out of downtown so I could drop the price a bit.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Options
    yanshengyansheng __BANNED USERS new member
    edited September 2009
    Well a guy did suggest Melbourne, Australia in the Q&As, so I subbose <sniff> dadt Anywhere is on de dable.

I put London as a more realistic third location, but Sydney or melbourne would be a good premium location, especially as we could have it in say December, which is Australian High Summer.

yansheng on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Survey complete

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

you know... seattle has some pretty decent coffee too.

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • Options
    edited September 2009

you know... seattle has some pretty decent coffee too.

Compared to the rest of the country, you're quite right :P

Admittedly I had other priorities while in Seattle, such as missing Wil Wheaton's Awesome Hour by the narrowest margin possible. Didn't really have the time to explore and find the hidden gems and Baristical geniuses that doubtless exist.

All I can speak to is the espressos I did try, which were, I'm sorry to say, universally foul.

I would be grateful beyond words if some kind person could point me to a decent espresso in downtown Seattle. I would love to be proven wrong on this subject.

smerk on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm torn about having PAX 4 days...

As has been pointed out already, 4 days means basically 5 days. But PAX is so unbelievably fun having an extra day would be pretty swell.

parabola on
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Compared to the rest of the country, you're quite right :P

Admittedly I had other priorities while in Seattle, such as missing Wil Wheaton's Awesome Hour by the narrowest margin possible. Didn't really have the time to explore and find the hidden gems and Baristical geniuses that doubtless exist.

All I can speak to is the espressos I did try, which were, I'm sorry to say, universally foul.

I would be grateful beyond words if some kind person could point me to a decent espresso in downtown Seattle. I would love to be proven wrong on this subject.
    That's because the closest good espresso is a few blocks up Pike from downtown: Victrola. We don't have good espresso in downtown Seattle. For someone who gets his coffee on cap hill every weekday PAX was difficult.

I filled out the survey too!
    PAX should be 4 days a week before labor day.
    The only thing that needs to be removed is the H1Nerd1.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Another good thing about having it 4 days, is the main panels wont overlap as much.

parabola on
  • Options
    Firestorm88Firestorm88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think 3 days is perfect. By the end of the third day I was running out of things to see and just relaxing on those super comfy beanbag chairs between panels anyway.

Firestorm88 on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would be interested in seeing PAX extended to 4 days if the overall number of people on a given day were to be decreased. My biggest complaint about this year were the excessively long lines for just about everything. I don't think I will be attending next year if the overcrowding and lines are not addressed.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think 3 days is perfect. By the end of the third day I was running out of things to see and just relaxing on those super comfy beanbag chairs between panels anyway.

My main problem with the 3 days was I couldn't get much actual gaming in between the stuff I wanted to see. In fact, things ended up swinging the opposite way on several occasions, with me missing sessions because I was too into the current game. When PaxEast comes around, I'm going to plan things a lot more, which should help, but there still won't be enough hours in the day. 4 days, with the last day a bit lighter on the sessions, would give people a more well-rounded experience.

Besides, You can just not buy a pass for the last day, but turning up for the 4th day to find an empty hall, or with a bunch of stressed people in the middle of a teardown isn't as effective.
    I would be interested in seeing PAX extended to 4 days if the overall number of people on a given day were to be decreased.

There were lots of people at PAX this year with single day passes. Locals coming in for the day would certainly be divided between all 4 days.

smerk on
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    four days?

oh gosh, I don't know if I could handle it.

PAX SARS nailed me after 3 days of awesomeness. 4 days, and my immune system might go haywire and result in Lupus!

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alphonsis wrote: »
    four days?

oh gosh, I don't know if I could handle it.

PAX SARS nailed me after 3 days of awesomeness. 4 days, and my immune system might go haywire and result in Lupus!

It's never Lupus. :P

Houn on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    I'm torn about having PAX 4 days...

As has been pointed out already, 4 days means basically 5 days. But PAX is so unbelievably fun having an extra day would be pretty swell.
    become an enforcer. now, it's 6 days for us. 7 over 6 doesn't sound like nearly as much of an addition than 5 over 4! :D

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe