As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cookie Brigade - OP Edit with Meeting Times

13»

• Options
    Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    chibidani wrote: »
    Sounds fine Soda, I've got tons of cookies I'm bringing with me, so I'll totally need help. :)

Alright :D Can't wait to help this year! I was shocked at how much money you guys made last year :) We got to beat it for sure. I will see you guys in the line up room, If anyone need help baking today, I got nothing to do and bored out of my mind.

Soda241 on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    takhisismb wrote: »
    DJ, will you pretty much be staying in the BYOC room friday afternoon? If so, can I drop off my cookies with you? I'll be getting in friday probably about noon definitely before the keynote.
    -Thanks
    Michelle

Yes, more or less I'll be in BYOC most of the time. I'd bet an Enforcer would help you if you can't find me.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    tsaiwes99tsaiwes99 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    tsaiwes99 wrote: »
    For the people arriving after the first meeting, should we wait until the second meeting to get our badges before selling our cookies?

I'm making about two dozen cookies tomorrow, and will be arriving in Seattle Friday at around 3pm. I'd be glad to help distribute after the exhibition hall closes. How will I be able to get in touch?

No, you should feel free to distribute cookies as soon as you want/can. The badge is mostly just for fun, but does make you look more legit. The cookies make you look the legit-ist though.

We traded cell phone numbers on the googlegroup. I don't want to post them all here, but mine is 5037083041. I'll be in BYOC frequently, as will other cookie peeps.

Oh ok, I'll put my num up there too.

tsaiwes99 on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wooot! AFAICT, we are all out of cookies! Hopefully this is a good sign! I look forward to tossing the dineo over today... and if you guys need help counting, I'm in too.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I was a collection point for donations and a distribution node for cookies throughout the weekend... but all the cookies were gone before end of Saturday and all donations that were in my possession have been transferred to VT.

I still plan to make the 1:40pm meeting today (Sunday). The meeting is in the line/queue room, but I hope it's not in the line itself! I'm hoping to find you guys at or near the doors, which tends not to be too crowded.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    For anyone curious... here's a cut & paste from something I posted to the Google group...
    Yes, we have news on the final amount. I am told that chibidani
    counted out $4300 in a hotel room, then we discovered some late
    additions... $240 that was stashed at my BYOC spot that I didn't even
    know was there (LOL), then another $300 came in from a surprise group
    that had been working hard on their own all weekend, then VT found
    another person who had an uncounted wad of cash.

All was turned in at the info booth to Princess Red Dot (PRD). So
    that's $4,840 + last minute uncounted wad, so I'm guessing we are
    right around $5,000. That's the number I've been saying to everyone
    anyway.

Everyone did a great job. Chibidani, Trisha, VT and everyone, really,
    I was blown away at all the hard work, dedication and fun you guys put
    into it. I love you all!

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yay! In this economy, I'd say we did quite well! We didn't beat last year's numbers, but we came very close! I think if the economy picks up in time for pax 2010 we'll beat it! =)

Also, in a few weeks let's start planning for the East Coast regiment of the cookie brigade eh? My chip is in the pile! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    MissingNoMissingNo Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Just swinging by to thank you all for the good work you do. I was the guy that jacked your cookies before I realized it was a fundraiser. Thank you so much for not getting mad!

Anyway, your pin is on my personal desk at home, and you are wonderful people. Thanks, again, for the kindness!

MissingNo on
  • Options
    zachdmszachdms aka Preppy SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks so much for your dedication here. And thanks for the cookies. :D

zachdms on
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 - Capcom fighting game videos
  • Options
    SpiraUnitedSpiraUnited Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for yet another year of great work - you guys rock! I've just got a question though. While I was in the main line up to get in on Friday, I got some kind of double-chocolate chip cookie from someone, and I think it may have been a mocha cookie. I was drinking a coffee at the time, but my friend said he tasted it too and he wasn't drinking anything. My question is WHO BAKED THESE AND WHERE CAN I GET THE RECIPE?!

SpiraUnited on
  • Options
    chinniechinnie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for yet another year of great work - you guys rock! I've just got a question though. While I was in the main line up to get in on Friday, I got some kind of double-chocolate chip cookie from someone, and I think it may have been a mocha cookie. I was drinking a coffee at the time, but my friend said he tasted it too and he wasn't drinking anything. My question is WHO BAKED THESE AND WHERE CAN I GET THE RECIPE?!

Glad to hear that you like it. It's triple chocolate espresso bean cookie, and you can find it here.
    For PAX, I subtitute the espresso powder with 2 fl oz of espresso, the strongest Starbucks could give me ^^;

chinnie on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Aye, those were super popular, so many people asked me who made them... I didn't know your screenname though so I couldn't tell them! =) Hopefully they'll find you here =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just wondering if anyone is planning on doing something like this at PAX East?

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    We'll be doing it at PAX East, we've just been brainstorming what can be improved and other ideas on the Google Group first :D

Hypatia on
  • Options
    undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was talking with someone who works on another convention held at the Hynes. I completely forgot about one of their golden rules and it would have a huge bearing on a cookie brigade.
    Unless someone on con staff can post a deal was worked out between the convention and the Hynes, distribution of food within the Hynes is prohibited. My friend pointed out a problem from a few years back when a dealer that had asked for help setting up had sent out for pizza and was giving it to the volunteers that had helped him. The Hynes staff went balistic over this.
    You also can't sell food if you're a dealer (no pocky, for example). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this has been a problem for other conventions held there.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Aye, it's the same case with the seattle convention center... but our deeds run silent and deep, and also we don't sell them. =)

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.