As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phallakinetic - The New Renegade - IT'S ALL OVER! Hollow Village Victory!

EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hackRegistered User regular
edited September 2009 in Critical Failures
pk30.png

Guess Who’s Back?

This is a phalla. Don't know what that is? Check the link!

This is set in the Exigency setting. This phalla follows Prelude to Phallakinetic.

Back to Arcadia

Welcome to Alpha Sector- the tiny shred of the galaxy that mankind has the nerve to refer to as “the galaxy”. There's no Beta or Gamma just yet. They're working on it.

This is the planet Arcadia (one of many, the name is considered lucky- it’s like calling an exploratory vessel the Pilgrim).

It's the far future- but not necessarily ours. Humanity has gone through the expected selection of wars and disasters to the extent that they can’t even remember exactly what happened.

Trillions live in the sprawling colonies maintained and policed by the innumerable nations and supercorporations of the Sector. The Domarian Legion, the sole superpower, is always on hand with their massive armies, monopolistic industry and terrifying technological superiority. The High Council, on the other hand, manages the psychic populace like a commodity- an incredibly lucrative commodity.

One is ruled by a militaristic regime and overseen by a ludicrously intelligent Supercomputer- the other, an elitist, mostly hereditary cabal. They hate each other. They'd never stoop to fighting it out, but when one side has telepaths and telekinetics and the other has giant war robots, nobody wants to place any bets.

The Recovery of Arcadia

And, once upon a time, they all came here in droves. The Arcadia star system was a nice place… until it was ravaged by the Renegade. But with injections of wealth and manpower from various superpowers with guilty consciences, the system has speedily recovered over the past 15 years.

Psychics and non-psychics live in harmony. The economy is booming- even the tourist industry. Arcadia is starting to live up to its name…

The New Renegade

Until it all started to happen again.

Someone- another psionor of monstrous power- is killing civilians with impunity. The international community is threatening to take disproportionate action if the situation is not resolved. There’s panic on the streets and looters and raiders are taking advantage of the situation.

The Legion's ships are orbiting the world, poised to scour the land bare with fusion cannons. Rumour has it that the High Council has operatives on the ground. There is even talk of crazed cults dedicated to the memory of the Original Renegade, and the glory of the newcomer who has taken their place.

But this time… this time, Arcadia is united against the threat. They can only hope that the threat isn't united against Arcadia.

RULES

Each night you will !vote for someone to be executed by the Legion. The vote ends nightly at 22:00 GMT. No matter how late I might be with the narration, any actions made or votes cast after this deadline will count towards the next day.

Order PMs should be sent to the Supercomputer account, while question and clarification PMs should be sent to the Edcrab account. I’ll be deleting them in order to keep some inbox space free, so don’t send multiples if it can be avoided. I’d probably get all angsty.

Unless otherwise stated, assume all normal Phalla rules apply. If you’re dead, you can’t contact living players. You can’t contact anyone anonymously. You can’t copy PMs through any means- this includes screenshots, codes, or telepathy damn it- and you need to provide me with links to any private boards. I reserve the right to replace and mercilessly badger anyone who's inactive! Inactivus is damn hungry, and he especially likes the taste of psychics.

The overall goal for the Arcadians- the village- is to kill or vote-kill the New Renegade, but many have alternate goals, such as eliminating all the members of the Chaotic faction. Win conditions may or may not be compatible with those of other factions- don’t assume that you’re forced to kill everyone who’s different, you dang bigot. Factions can be misleading, and in many cases they may prove to simply be flavour… but in others, they might not.

Unless otherwise stated, you are still capable of winning posthumously.

This phalla will feature non-standard aspects such as conversion and objective changes. So be warned, don't sign up if that isn't your bag. Things will get weird- if your objective appears suspiciously simple, expect there to be trouble ahead.

Attack Mechanics

Many roles have an “attack” ability with a percentage given- this is the percentage chance that you have of killing the target of your attack. Attacks stack for the purposes of determining success, so nine 10%-attack players mobbing Some Guy would result in a single attempt on his life with a 90% chance of success, rather than 9 separate 10% attempts.

So, yes, it’s possible (and very unlikely) but the whole thing could end after one night. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Unless otherwise stated, you can use your attack as well as your ability in the same night.

Life Mechanics

A few roles have a Life value supplied in their role PM. In effect, these roles have hitpoints, with their percentage Life values decreasing with each incoming attack. If in the above example Some Guy had 100% Life, then he’d be left with 10% Life after those ten players attacked him.

Seering Mechanics

Due to the theme, there are a lot of seers about: but most are imperfect seers, with a percentage chance of successfully determining the target's faction. Note that even if the attempt fails, the seer will be made aware of the target's sub-faction, i.e., role type.

“Mindscans” as referenced in roles are psychic seering abilities. Note that some roles are resistant to these.

!Sign up in lime.

Clarifications will be made in orange, following the previous trend.

List of Surviving Arcadians

4: dunedainjedi
12: SkyCaptain
14: Rainfall
16: mEEksa
20: Suki
22: Captain Eleven
24: Gumpy
28: Rawkking Goodguy
33: Darian
34: Daius
48: shalmelo

1: Nocturne
[strike]2: Dunadan019[/strike] – Killed Night 1
3: kime
4: dunedainjedi
5: Ebfan
6: Erich Zahn
7: Burnage
8: Toxic Toys
9: Exarch
10: Sos
[strike]11: piL[/strike] – Killed Night 1
12: SkyCaptain
13: AJAlkaline40
14: Rainfall
15: kuhlmeye
16: mEEksa
17: Rend
18: samurai6966
19: TehSloth
20: Suki
21: Houn
22: Captain Eleven
[strike]23: crimsoncoyote[/strike] – Killed Night 1
24: Gumpy
25: iamtheaznman
[strike]26: Savant[/strike] – Killed Night 1
[strike]27: Orange Soda[/strike] – Killed Night 1
28: Rawkking Goodguy
29: Egos
30: LemmingHead
31: Zandracon
32: Dac Vin
33: Darian
34: Daius
35: WhiteZinfandel
36: ShadowThomas
37: Robos A Go Go
38: OptimusZed
39: Zerinan
[strike]40: Arivia[/strike] – Killed Night 1
41: That Dave Fella
42: SpectralSpork
43: Obbi
44: Faynor
[strike]45: SimpsonsParadox[/strike] – Killed Night 1
46: Seriously
[strike]47: warban[/strike] – Killed Night 1
48: shalmelo
[strike]49: The_Reflection[/strike] – Killed Night 1
50: Plutonium

Reserves

1: Kistra
2: Cleonicus
3: Lady Eri
4: Kay
5: jdarksun
6: Jobastion
7: Ringo

Sample Village Allegiance PM:

You are...
...an Arcadian

Sub-faction: Psychic or maybe not psychic
Faction: Arcadian

Here we go again. What more needs said at this stage? Various bastards are trying to screw your planet up, and you’re going to stop them.

Kill or vote-kill the New Renegade, OR kill or vote-kill all the members of the Chaotic sub-faction.

Narrations:

Day 0
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

Important Notes and other Clarifications

The vote is untouchable. It can’t be blocked, redirected, or nullified. If someone is vote-killed, they die.

The vote does not trickle down. If the target of the vote is killed as well as vote-killed, they're just extra dead.

In the case of a tie, the Supercomputer will decide. Personally, I think he just uses an RNG.

Actions are performed instantly. So if a guard-equivalent protects a player, that player will be protected for that night even if the guard winds up with a photon bolt through the eye socket- unless otherwise stated. Likewise, attackers who attack a player will still contribute to their kill-chance percentage even if they get killed themselves.

If you are attacked, or if you intercept an attack meant for someone else, you will be informed that you were attacked, but not by who. If you have a role with a Life statistic, you will be informed of its current level after you take damage.

In most cases, you will be informed if your attack or ability is blocked or otherwise unsuccessful.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
Edcrab on

• Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Signup

Edith Upwards on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I pledge my allegiance to the Rendegade.

Burnage on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign me up.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Dunadan019 on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Hail friend Computer

Wrong game?

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • SosSos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I just signed up for the forums because of this. I haven't played it over the internet before.

!signup

Now for an avatar...

Sos on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's been a while.

piL on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    !Hail friend Computer

Wrong game?

The SuperComputer never shoots twice.

Edith Upwards on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    !Sign Up, but only if I get to use my existing character :P.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Sign up, why not?

Rainfall on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    why do i keep coming back

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Sign Up

mEEksa on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

RENDEGADE.jpg

The Renegade looked out from the secluded overlook.v "Well, I guess it's time for another go, then, isn't it?"

Rend on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Confirming that I'm down for the awesomeness.

I might have to make someone not exist again.

Nocturne on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Slash!

samurai6966 on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Sign UP!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • SukiSuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Suki on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Sign Up. I'm on the mend, and should be better able to participate this time around.

Houn on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Prelude to Phallakinetic was my first game ever, so I am super excited about this.

Ebfan on
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Signup for awesome.

crimsoncoyote on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ed, you linked to your image in the signup thread, not to here. =p

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • The SupercomputerThe Supercomputer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Human failings. They would be a source of amusement if they did not constantly cripple my plans.

The Supercomputer on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Sign up

Heroes, Villains, and characters of notable natures!

Gumpy on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Sign up with a furious hatred of those who don't follow their win condition

iamtheaznman on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign up.

Savant on
    edited September 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    !sign up.

Do I have to kill you again?

samurai6966 on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign up.

Did you kill me last time?

Savant on
    edited September 2009
    !sign up.

Did you kill me last time?

In the Zombie one for that damn list. I hate that list.

samurai6966 on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hear this mini was fun

Orange Soda on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign up. I'll pretend I don't know this is a factions game of sorts. Or just break my decision not to play in them :)

And here's to hoping I'm a villager. I've been a special/mafia of some sort for 3 out of 4 games so far.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    of course

Egos on
  • LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !signup

I'm there on a bear.
    bear10b.jpg

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was so mad about missing the mini I reserved a slot. :P

dunedainjedi on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !woo

Zandracon on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Let's not fuck this up horribly this time guys

Dac Vin on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is the next main? Sign up.

Darian on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Inevitable !Sign up

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png