As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Aion] ITT we argue about MMO lore

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So we're rolling Elyos on Zikel?

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm pretty neutral about which faction we play, but I strongly suggest keeping everyone in one guild, instead of splitting into one for each faction. Especially since it doesn't seem like PA has a gigantic Aion community.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You all just want me to roll cleric so you're forcing me to go Elyos. You know I can't stand the cloth, leather, and plate armor designs. I see how it is. It's a conspiracy.

Aistan on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I want to roll Elyos and play with the largest PA guild.
    So, what server do we meet up on, guys?

Djiem on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the asmodian side really needs some leadership, i really really REALLY want to play asmodian but it seems like the majority of PA wants to play Elyos and the Elyos side is a bit better organized.

I wish i could take the reigns but working 12 hours a day every day kind of kills that for me D:

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would also prefer to roll Asmo.

Especially since the largest PA contingent wants to be on an east coast server, and I'd like at least a west coast server (if not Oceanic).

But I doubt I will be able to get the game right at launch day, since I'm in Korea and region stuff gets all weird.
    It's an amazing pain in the ass to play the western version of a Korean game over here.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited September 2009
    Honestly I have a lot of free time so if it's needed i'm willing to set up and run the Asmo legion. I've never run a guild before so there's that, and if we still have someone who was planning on it I don't want to step on any toes.

Aistan on
    edited September 2009
    I'd play for both teams.
    :winky:

spookymuffin on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Akira wrote: »
    I'm pretty neutral about which faction we play, but I strongly suggest keeping everyone in one guild, instead of splitting into one for each faction. Especially since it doesn't seem like PA has a gigantic Aion community.

This right here. This isn't WAR where we had a good number of people on each side. I think the entire PA Aion group is about the size of The Candymancers, which was the smaller of the two WAR guilds. As I said before, I'd prefer Elyos because I can make FFXII clones but I'll play wherever the larger group is. There really isn't a huge difference between the two factions. There really isn't established lore that we've been following for years that make us more likely to choose one faction over another. Its tanning bed fairies vs Hot Topic fairies. They're essentially the same. Splitting us between two factions is just going the make the PA legion even weaker than it already is.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • AlgorefiendAlgorefiend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Submitted registration to the guild website. i'm still torn between chanter and templar for launch cause i like them both so much. i'll be keeping an eye out for what server gets picked

Algorefiend on
  • StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Silly tips for new players:

This answered nearly every gripe I had with the UI. Thanks! I also ended up setting R to auto-run because I'm so used to having it, and I moved the flight keys down to F and V. Have to see how well that works.

I'm pulling for Elyos and I live on the west coast, but I'm ok with an east coast server.

Maybe if we compile a list of the current people planning to play and their desired faction, we can see whether splitting factions can work or not (if we haven't already decided). It's likely that there will be some attrition after the first month or so, so that should be considered as well. Also if the Asmos fall apart they could always roll on our server.

Strato on
    edited September 2009
    I just don't see us having anywhere near enough people to support two guilds, and this isn't like the WAR launch where different factions had different classes.

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited September 2009
    alright people lets get some numbers here:
    quote me and add your name in or something, i don't know.
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle

Elyos:

TheKoolEagle on
  • AlgorefiendAlgorefiend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle

Elyos:

Either:
    Algorefiend

Algorefiend on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle

Elyos:

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes

EDIT: Alternately we could just have a poll on the guildlaunch forums.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited September 2009
    yeah we could, but i mean only like 12? people have voted on servers, i figure this will get more attention

TheKoolEagle on
  • OddsmakerOddsmaker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle

Elyos:

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker

Oddsmaker on
  • king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle

Elyos:

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • StuffGuyStuffGuy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle

Elyos:

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes

EDIT: Alternately we could just have a poll on the guildlaunch forums.

It seems like a poll in the thread OP with the 4 race/server region options as choices would probably be the best option.

StuffGuy on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle

Elyos:

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang

interrobang on
  • PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alright. I was the one that was supposed to make the Asmo legion, and I'm still willing to do it, but I guess we should get things started.

Asmodians! Would we like an east coast server, or a west coast server?

I'd prefer west myself, and it seems a few others do, but let's get this settled. We're a mess right now.

Also,

The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish

Elyos:

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish (I only really care because I was supposed to be in charge of Asmo, but I also don't mind either)

Psychoish on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    After playing an SM to 16 in the OB (in the hopes that I could get it out of my system while it doesn't count) I still can't decide between Sorc and SM

halp

Ledneh on
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish

Elyos:
    spookymuffin

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish (I only really care because I was supposed to be in charge of Asmo, but I also don't mind either)

spookymuffin on
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan

Elyos:
    spookymuffin

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang

Aistan on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang

Djiem on
  • StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

Strato on
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato
    Akira

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

I don't actually care that much, but I spent the last couple days planning an Elyos start so fuck all y'all.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • MrSupaflyMrSupafly Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan
    MrSupafly

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato
    Akira

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

MrSupafly on
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MrSupafly wrote: »
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan
    MrSupafly
    Hillean

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato
    Akira

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2009
    well whichever way it goes I hope we have at least this many people playing regularly.

That's 15 so far on that list, which isn't too bad for a not-huge-WoW MMO launch.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited September 2009
    It does look like a pretty good amount assuming we can all agree on one guild.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hillean wrote: »
    MrSupafly wrote: »
    The Roster wrote:
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan
    MrSupafly
    Hillean
    Corbius

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato
    Akira

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited September 2009
    Hm, doesn't seem to be any cool end of beta event.

Disappointed.

The Dude With Herpes on

• SpindriftSpindrift Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Corbius wrote: »
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan
    MrSupafly
    Hillean
    Corbius

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato
    Akira
    Spoondrift

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

Spindrift on
    edited September 2009
    Regardless of where we choose i'm glad this many people are going to be playing :D

Aistan on
    edited September 2009
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan
    MrSupafly
    Hillean
    Corbius

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato
    Akira
    Spoondrift

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

List carried over to the new page, also yeah its nice to see we do have a pretty good amount of people planning on playing, i'm hoping we don't split the legion, personally i don't really care what side we are on but i'd rather it be asmodian, i'm not going to go off and cry in the corner if i can't wear my mascara and cut my wrists

TheKoolEagle on
    edited September 2009
    You can still be an emo if you're Elyos. In fact, it's even better since they have everything in the world to be happy about and you're still choosing to be a sadsack.

Aistan on
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Asmodians:
    TheKoolEagle
    Psychoish
    Aistan
    MrSupafly
    Hillean
    Corbius

Elyos:
    spookymuffin
    Djiem
    Strato
    Akira
    Spoondrift
    hlprmnky

Either:
    Algorefiend
    The Dude With Herpes
    Oddsmaker
    Kingawesome
    interrobang
    Psychoish

List carried over to the new page, also yeah its nice to see we do have a pretty good amount of people planning on playing, i'm hoping we don't split the legion, personally i don't really care what side we are on but i'd rather it be asmodian, i'm not going to go off and cry in the corner if i can't wear my mascara and cut my wrists

hlprmnky on
    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • CostanzaKCostanzaK Only walks away from burning buildings. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay, this is getting fucking ridicules. This is exactly what I have been trying to avoid!

So stop it now!

We are rolling as both Elyos and as Asmodian. On separate servers. Why? Because in doing so in no way breaks up our community. You know why it doesn't?

BECAUSE WE'RE ALL STILL PLAYING TOGETHER!

If you roll Elyos, you have Asmo alts. If you roll Asmo you end up with Elyos alts. And because we have Legions set up for both races, we're guaranteed a cohesive community for when that happens. Instead of FORCING people to play one race against their will, and inviting desertion from the people who are so very rightly disgusted by forced selection like that, we are anticipating the differing views of the people who are intending to play!

This is not WoW! There are not five races per side, allowing people to select the species they enjoy the most even if they are hard wired into a side in the conflict. People will naturally gravitate towards one of the two races and I am not going to deny them that right. That is why I determined to make a twin headed PAA community from the beginning, so that even though they split off into two necks, heads, and minds they are still connected by a single core body! They are unified by the very base of their being, not split in half.

I am establishing an Elyos Sorcelator legion, and Psycho is establishing an Asmodian Witchalok legion. That is set. The only reason it didn't go smoothly for the Open Beta is because Real Life beat on Psycho until it's arms got tired. The Live launch will go without those problems. And even if there are problems, I am more than willing to step into things and straighten them out. The only reason I didn't do anything for the Asmodian legion during OB is because I didn't see any signs that I needed too. The Recruitment channel seemed like it was doing fine, but whatever. Neither here nor there.

The plans are set. Everything is go. There is NO default race. People will roll what they want to, on the servers we have designated. And everything will go fine, you know why? Because we're the f-ing United States of America. We know how to be split into 50 different territories and still come together as a single unit. So knock all this "There can be only ONE" stuff off, because it is so very unhealthy in the long term...And it has gotten on my last nerve over the past several weeks.

And as the Legion General for the Sorcilators over the Closed and Open Betas, I can attest that we will have a full level 1 Legion within 72 Hours of Launch. That is not speculation, that is a forecast based on my experience in the game up until now. So you don't even need to worry about numbers at this point. Hell! You shouldn't even be worrying about numbers to start with! Leave that to your generals to worry about!

You guys should just be having fun, calling each other Unicorn Humpers or Goth-Tards and shit! Leave the heavy planning to an idiot like me who dug that grave all on his own. Have fun, go wild, and kick up some dust! Just don't try to plan out things on your own because having 10 people with 10 plans just leads to chaos. If you really have such major concerns that they need to be addressed toot-sweet, then post or PM. Let me know and I'll adapt things, like I have been up until now.

Quoted because it contains pertinent information. Not to annoy people. Well, maybe a little.
    CostanzaK wrote: »
    In other news, due to various reasons it is looking likely that we're going to have to choose new servers for the Live launch. So my question is, Do you want East Coast time or West Coast time?

So far we have it is 4 to 1 on people proclaiming their desire for the East Coast servers, but that may just be the Vocal Minority. So everyone try let me know your wish. You can cast your vote by going to:

http://paa-aion.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12903461&gid=108211#12903461

So let me know your feelings.

-Poll still going, and something I forgot before. The Password for instant membership to the boards is "wang"

-Get hopping people. I'm going to need good numbers on a server selection if I'm going to issue a challenge to PvP or CAD to be our opposing force.

http://paa-aion.guildlaunch.com

CostanzaK on
    "We shall Capture the Flag. We shall go on to the time limits.
    We shall fight in Hoth, we shall fight on the spaceports
    and the orbital stations, we shall fight with growing confidence
    and growing strength in the instances, we shall defend our Republic,
    whatever the cost may be.
    We shall Re-Spawn on the beaches, we shall camp the landing grounds,
    we shall PvP Flag in the fields and in the streets, we shall gank in the hills;
    we shall never uninstall."
    --Winston Churchwalker
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    o_O

aunsoph on