As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phallakinetic - The New Renegade - IT'S ALL OVER! Hollow Village Victory!

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Zerinan wrote: »
    Tiny text is freakin' annoying. Is it really necessary?

Yeah I have no idea what the original coders were thinking...

"hey guys! let's include....tiny text...that you can only read if you quote the person"

*facepalm*

or with a copy paste into the address bar....

Or into the reply box at the bottom. Or into notepad. Or into an IM to a friend and then accidentally hit enter so they get a bunch of stuff they don't understand and you go D: a lot.

[tiny]These fools...they don't understand the true power of ctrl + mousewheel![/tiny]

I'm on a laptop, my mouse is out of batteries.... so I don't really have that option :(.

That being said, next person to use tiny gets my vote. Until I forget about this promise and move on the the latest person to catch my attention, but for a short time at least you can be noticed (in a bad way)!

ctrl-+ works too, even on a laptop.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Zerinan wrote: »
    Tiny text is freakin' annoying. Is it really necessary?

Yeah I have no idea what the original coders were thinking...

"hey guys! let's include....tiny text...that you can only read if you quote the person"

*facepalm*

or with a copy paste into the address bar....

Or into the reply box at the bottom. Or into notepad. Or into an IM to a friend and then accidentally hit enter so they get a bunch of stuff they don't understand and you go D: a lot.

[tiny]These fools...they don't understand the true power of ctrl + mousewheel![/tiny]

I'm on a laptop, my mouse is out of batteries.... so I don't really have that option :(.

That being said, next person to use tiny gets my vote. Until I forget about this promise and move on the the latest person to catch my attention, but for a short time at least you can be noticed (in a bad way)!

ctrl-+ works too, even on a laptop.

But it's no longer faster than just quoting or copy-pasting.

HOOOUUUUUNN!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    [tiny]We can totally talk smack about Kime behind his back now.

So, it's been awhile since we day one'd him. Who's with me?[/tiny]

Houn on
    edited September 2009
    Houn wrote: »

I'm still reading it, silly. I'm too paranoid not to :P.

That being said, if Houn dies Day One to something besides the vote? It was me. Remember this!

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited September 2009

I'm still reading it, silly. I'm too paranoid not to :P.

That being said, if Houn dies Day One to something besides the vote? It was me. Remember this!

[tiny]Now this is the story all about how
    My life got flipped, turned upside down
    And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
    Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air

In west philadelfia born and raised
    On the playground where I spent most of my days
    Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
    And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys said were up in no good
    Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    And said youre moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
    Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare
    But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
    And I yelled to the cabby yo, homes smell you later
    Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
    To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air[/tiny]

Houn on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can we please stop with the micro-text. It's pretty much impossible to read if you're browsing with a mobile phone- or at least my mobile phone. I can appreciate that no one is going to be daft enough to post anything relevant in mirco, such as clarification requests, but I’d still prefer not to have small parts of the thread rendered illegible until I get home.

Anyway. Role PMs will begin going out shortly. It might take me a while...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited September 2009
    It was the theme to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, sir. Now, you know what you've missed out on!

Houn on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To: Houn

You are...

[tiny]...Not getting a good role. You are literally the only vanillager in the whole goddamn game.[/tiny]

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Frosteey did that to me once. Un/fortunately I got killed before I could be killed for truthfully claiming to be the only player in the game with no powers at all.

Seriously on
    edited September 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »

You are...

[tiny]...Not getting a good role. You are literally the only vanillager in the whole goddamn game.[/tiny]

The best part is, I can now use that excuse this ENTIRE GAME. :lol:

Houn on
    edited September 2009

You are...

The best part is, I can now use that excuse this ENTIRE GAME. :lol:

You mean the one day you are alive? Well, I suppose nothing is stopping you from claiming that on Day One, but you know it won't make a difference, right?

Your life is mine!

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited September 2009
    Except for the part where you're given the role of my faithful minion. Or lackey, perhaps.

Houn on
    edited September 2009
    Except for the part where you're given the role of my faithful minion. Or lackey, perhaps.
    Hahaha, you think I won't betray you? Win conditions change, watch me!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's true, I am going to convert Kime out from under you, Houn.

Seriously on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    That sounds kinda hot.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    That sounds kinda hot.

This game just got :winky:

Houn on
    edited September 2009
    "It wasn't always like this," thought Houn. "Arcadia used to be so full of life, of energy, but now..." Now, all was chaos. Panic in the streets, people afraid to leave their homes; the shadow of the New Renegade, touching every corner of the globe. Those that did venture out glanced furtively behind them, always wary of some unseen assailant. The smarter ones glanced not back, but up, at the unseen fleet orbiting the planet, ready to glass all should the situation get out of control.

Houn sighed. Always fear. Fear of the known, fear of the unknown. Despite countless generations of advancement, mankind still spent their days running from shadows.

A creaking sound issued from behind Houn. "Ah, Kime..."

"Look, Mast- ...Houn," said Kime, his voice trembling. "I'm out of here. I've got... I've just got stuff going on that..."

Houn spun around, facing Kime. Kime was a short man, wiry, with dark hair and big, brown eyes. Cute, but a bit of a sniveler. "Are you... are you breaking up with me?"

"Look," Kime continued, his lip quivering, "it's not you, man. It's me. I just... I need to see other people..."

Houn narrowed his eyes. Even a child could have plucked the name out of Kime's head, so poorly did he shield the thought. "People?" Houn interrupted. "More like 'person'... Seriously? You're leaving me for Seriously?"

Kime flinched back, almost whimping now. "Look, we just got to talking, and you know, he pointed out that, you know, even though I love you, it's probably all just your psychically controlling my emotions, and you know..."

Houn scowled. "So you let him control you instead? You weak-minded peabrain! Fine, go be with your new 'lover', and I hope he keeps a better lock on your brain than I did; though frankly, bitch, your mind is such a cesspool it's hardly worth the effort. Get out."

Kime stood, mouth agape. "But... Houn... I just..."

"OUT!" Houn shouted, thrusting force with the full power of his mind, knocking Kime from his feet. He tumbled, banging his arm against the floor.

"Ow! My elbow! I think you broke it!" Houn's eyes flared dangerously, and Kime caught the look; he hurried to his feet, tears streaming down his cheeks, and fled the room.

Houn returned to the window, and to his somber contemplations. He'd miss Kime, probably, but not for long. There were always others; always others fearful enough, in need of comfort and protection. Because that is the nature of Man.

Houn on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, Houn everyone?

SpectralSpork on
    edited September 2009
    Hey, he left ME, man. Show a little compassion.

Houn on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I would manage to be out of town for the signup...
    !Reserve

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey, he left ME, man. Show a little compassion.

Is losing Kime any loss at all? I'd consider it a gain.

SpectralSpork on
    edited September 2009
    "It wasn't always like this," thought Houn. "Arcadia used to be so full of life, of energy, but now..." Now, all was chaos. Panic in the streets, people afraid to leave their homes; the shadow of the New Renegade, touching every corner of the globe. Those that did venture out glanced furtively behind them, always wary of some unseen assailant. The smarter ones glanced not back, but up, at the unseen fleet orbiting the planet, ready to glass all should the situation get out of control.

Houn sighed. Always fear. Fear of the known, fear of the unknown. Despite countless generations of advancement, mankind still spent their days running from shadows.

"Look, Mast- ...Houn," said Kime, his voice trembling. "I'm out of here. I've got... I've just got stuff going on that..."

Houn spun around, facing Kime. Kime was a short man, wiry, with dark hair and big, brown eyes. Cute, but a bit of a sniveler. "Are you... are you breaking up with me?"

"Look," Kime continued, his lip quivering, "it's not you, man. It's me. I just... I need to see other people..."

Houn narrowed his eyes. Even a child could have plucked the name out of Kime's head, so poorly did he shield the thought. "People?" Houn interrupted. "More like 'person'... Seriously? You're leaving me for Seriously?"

Kime flinched back, almost whimping now. "Look, we just got to talking, and you know, he pointed out that, you know, even though I love you, it's probably all just your psychically controlling my emotions, and you know..."

Houn scowled. "So you let him control you instead? You weak-minded peabrain! Fine, go be with your new 'lover', and I hope he keeps a better lock on your brain than I did; though frankly, bitch, your mind is such a cesspool it's hardly worth the effort. Get out."

"OUT!" Houn shouted, thrusting force with the full power of his mind, knocking Kime from his feet. He tumbled, banging his arm against the floor.

"Ow! My elbow! I think you broke it!" Houn's eyes flared dangerously, and Kime caught the look; he hurried to his feet, tears streaming down his cheeks, and fled the room.

Houn returned to the window, and to his somber contemplations. He'd miss Kime, probably, but not for long. There were always others; always others fearful enough, in need of comfort and protection. Because that is the nature of Man.

Hahahaha, :^::^:! Excellent :P!

I'm almost not gonna kill you day one for that.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

You are...

That means hes ultra special

Egos on
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wow, this nearly fell off the front page! I suppose that's what you get when everyone is in a terrible timezone!

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Sweet love. [tiny]I'll be your minion, Houn. I'll never leave you. Mainly cuz I'm weak minded.[/tiny]

samurai6966 on
    edited September 2009
    Does everyone have their PMs yet? Can I start killing you all now?

...j/k, I'm not going to kill you all. That would be a waste of time.

Actually, I'm just pumped to start the game for realsies, yo. I may or may not have a GIANT ROBOT to unleash, after all.

Houn on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wow, this nearly fell off the front page! I suppose that's what you get when everyone is in a terrible timezone!

You can't fall off the page when it is subscrived in your user panel. It's placement on the home page becomes irrelevant.

Orange Soda on
    edited September 2009
    I just realized what your location is, OS. Then I lol'd.

Houn on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, if vote closed today (which it doesn't, right?) it would be closing how long from now?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    So, if vote closed today (which it doesn't, right?) it would be closing how long from now?

27 minutes ago.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DAY 1 IS DELAYED DUE TO FORUM OUTAGE

ALSO NOT ALL PMS WERE SENT OUT

ED WILL BE BACK TOMORROW WITH MORE INFO

Quoth on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !reserve up rassafrassin stupid sunday signups

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh, was day 1 supposed to end today?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So wait, when is day one ending?

The_Reflection on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sometime tomorrow, I would imagine.

A better question would be: When does day 1 begin?

Rainfall on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think day 1 was supposed to begin today and end tomorrow at the time noted in the OP. It is my understanding that it will now begin tomorrow at the time noted in the OP. He will be able to clarify tomorrow morning GMT.

Edit: given that not all the PMs were sent, the game definitely hasn't started yet.

Quoth on
    edited September 2009
    It begins when The Renegade contacts me, either directly or through an agent. I must know your victory condition, sir or madam, so that I can best determine our relationship.

*just laying groundwork. :D

Houn on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If today was day 1, we would have alot of inactives.

samurai6966 on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Houn that story was fantastic.

Nocturne on
    edited September 2009
    Ironically, it's actually going to happen in a few million years.

Houn on